Real estate agent in Orlando

ccvh

Mouseketeer
Does anyone have any recommendations for a reputable real estate agent in the Orlando area? My husband and I are thinking of getting a vacation home/ future retirement home In Florida. Anyone have any suggestions?

Does anyone have any recommendations for a reputable real estate agent in the Orlando area? My husband and I are thinking of getting a vacation home/ future retirement home In Florida. Anyone have any suggestions?

the real estate people there seem to cover a W I D E area - compared to the ones around here.

the Kissimmee area was too high for me. If you go with Kissimmee would only look at 34741, 34743 -

in orlando - if you can afford it - (I could NOT) - Windermere - excellent houses in a very nice area.

if you like me need cheaper Davenport or Clermont -( Four Courners for Clermont)

maybe Celebration (again too expensive for me)

have not looked at Hunter Creek - it just looks expensive.

these are the sites that I am looking at- trulia, zillow, once you find a house you like they will recommend realtors.

here the real estate sales people generally stay in one county - there they will look for you in Osceola, Orange, Polk and Lake - with just one.

so be carefully and definitely pick one you can get along with.

Some of the best vacation homes...well closest to Disney anyway (Windsor Hills and Windsor Palms, Emerald Island, Paradise Palms, etc) are in zipcode 34747. We look at this website a lot

http://www.carlosandteam.com/

It lists vacation communities/short term rentals. Last time we were out there we toured some of the subdivisions with Carlos German and he was very knowledgeable. We are trying to do it before prices go back through the roof. Wish we could afford a house in Windsor Hills or Paradise Palms like right now!

Some of the best vacation homes...well closest to Disney anyway (Windsor Hills and Windsor Palms, Emerald Island, Paradise Palms, etc) are in zipcode 34747.

you are so right - thank you - completely forget it!

with the places you mentioned - it is not the current selling price but lots of the places are in home association - which means their fees can go up.

be sure to check on that and see how much they can go up each year - it should be in the contract. Florida law allows 30% increase yearly.

you are so right - thank you - completely forget it!

with the places you mentioned - it is not the current selling price but lots of the places are in home association - which means their fees can go up.

be sure to check on that and see how much they can go up each year - it should be in the contract. Florida law allows 30% increase yearly.

Are there any that don't have HOAs? I think Indian Creek may not but there are no amenities either. All the best resorts have awesome amenities which means an HOA. Actually Indian Creek is a good resort if you don't mind the fact that its not gated.

First thing is to check any home is in an area that allows STR if you plan to rent it out .
HOA fees are regulated and the amount of increase in fees will be in the deeds which you should get a copy of to check from the owner -if not they should be available on the internet.
Most communities will have an HOA one I know of that doesn't is Lindfields .
The HOA fee can include many extras such as lean care tv packages etc so again check exactly what is included in your fees and how they are paid -annually ,monthly ,quarterly .
If you plan to rent it out listen to the realtor as regards the amount of income you can get as a return then forget it as the figures will not stack up in the majority of cases.

Thanks to all of you for your help; great information to think about, and good contacts, too. The disboards rule!

Are there any that don't have HOAs? I think Indian Creek may not but there are no amenities either. All the best resorts have awesome amenities which means an HOA. Actually Indian Creek is a good resort if you don't mind the fact that its not gated.

there are very few communities w/o a HOA - now you can find individual houses - but those are hard to find.

have paid HOA condo fees for too long - don't want to kept paying in Florida.

you also want one where the HOA (home owners association) - really control the HOA - heard of some where the realtor controls it. You don't want one of these or can guaranteed the fees will go up.

read the HOA contract completely. then ask questions of someone who lives there.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter