ready to by. just need the right contract.

Discussion in 'Purchasing DVC' started by suefly, Jun 18, 2014.

  1. suefly

    suefly Earning My Ears

    Sep 20, 2007
    So have been contemplating buying DVC for a few years. Just end up booking vacation, because I don't want to wait.

    I think I have use year down, finally. I plan on vacationing in May or September (before F&W). Thinking a May or April UY would be best?

    Also only want 100 points for now. How difficult do you think that will be?

  2. Avatar

    DIS Sponsor The Official Ticket Center is Orlando’s #1 discount attraction ticket agency, selling millions of Walt Disney tickets around the world.

    to hide this adverts.
  3. nalajms

    nalajms DIS Veteran

    Mar 9, 2012
    There is no May UY. Feb, March, or April would all work. The banking deadline would be end of Sept or later in the year. You should look at the distribution of UY. Feb is one of the more popular, but it varies a bit by resort.

    100 pt contracts are not difficult to get. It just depends on how much you're willing to pay. Good luck!
  4. quandrea

    quandrea DIS Veteran

    Jun 24, 2010
    If you want to find one fast just make sure you scout the resale sites religiously. Many times a day. Be ready to move on an offer. It took me a week to find the right contract. We lost out on about three to higher bids but I ended up doing very well with a loaded akl contract. Just keep at it.
  5. ohionola

    ohionola Mouseketeer

    Feb 17, 2010
    Be ready to pay full asking price on a 100 point contract. I couldn't find anyone willing to negotiate at that price point.
  6. Dean

    Dean DIS Veteran<br><a href="

    Aug 19, 1999
    I'd look at Feb, March, April or Sept; esp if you are limited on contracts due to other parameters. I'd also seriously consider a contract in the 150-170 pt range to give you more flexibility both in buying and in using later, esp if you think you'll need more later or if you're looking mostly at studios since those are the lowest times. As a minimum, if you're looking only at studios, I'd go for a 20% cushion to avoid reallocation risk.

Share This Page