Reading, seeing and hearing Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, my afternoon "off" got kinda busy. But it was because I was getting all my errands done (after sitting in the sun poolside for an hour). My wonderful husband chauffered me around, and took me to lunch (at 3:00!!) It was nice to see him...it's been a crazy week.

Steph - :grouphug: Hope everything's okay

Pongo - you're sounding up girlie. Does that mean good news? (Or no news?)

Shelby - I'm making cupcakes (my baby's b-day tomorrow!). But your cookies look better.

Kimmie, Haley, Grammy, Nic - Hi! :wave:

Horsey - yes, I forgot to comment on Jack's hair. Am I the only one whose kids never did that? Anyway, I'm all about the buzz cuts in summer. They're cute in their own way, and cool!! Hope the packing is going well.

Where are Mark & Rhonda? Where has 2IAB been???? Too many people on vaca, too. When are the Poops back? Ed should be back this weekend, I think. Now MommyP is gone - but she needs the break! Sher, baby, when are the winery visits happening?

Me...I've got nothin. Just hangin here and entertaining at home. Except for the party on Sunday. Which isn't at my house. But for which I haveta make ANOTHER big batch of eggplant. Hmmmph. Maybe I should make it badly on purpose so no one else will ask.................

PSA: I just had the best non-California Grill Lemon Drop ever...at The Palm restaurant (still birthday-ing). If you have The Palm in your city, order one today!

The Sneeze

Haley! I am so excited, about halfway down on the right hand side of this page is a link for "forgottenNY" about 1/3 down that page is the Norwegian Day Parade in Brooklyn! If you all go look, that is my neighborhood that I grew up in. I was actually in that parade many years! I lived in Bay Ridge from the age of 6 to 28. There is a picture of a viking ship if that will get you all to check it out!

There is a flag in the parade for the Norwegian Christian Home. That is a nursing home that I worked in for almost 10 years! And a picture of Leske's Bakery where my mother in law worked for many years!

Everybody, go check it out! That is my home!

Thanks Haley for posting that link!

Your welcome :)

Last edited by em'smom : Today at 10:18 PM. Reason: Well, it was my home. Now I live in Va Beach, but you all knew that! Bay Ridge, Brooklyn will always be in my blood. But that could be the lead paint and the pollution.

:rotfl2:

:wave: Goooood Morning!!!!!!

bxp38512.jpg

:surfweb:

Hi All! SHOUT to everyone!

canada-day.jpg

'Cause today I appoint all Maelstromers "Official Canucks" for the day!
Get out the Molsons and Maple Syrup and think of your neighbours (with a U) to the North.

Other ramblings:

In the Counter count....mine don't have anything on them. Hate cluttered counters.

Grammy - glad to see I'm in the "brain fart" portion of your shout. Shouting Farts are good... :lmao:

Pongo - honey - if it'll help I can bring you something back from The World. We're leaving in 10 days. Let me know. PM me.

2I - OMG, the feel bad story of the week! I hope DS's foot is all better.

Gerribon - Thanks for the wakeup call. How'd you know I had to get up and get going?

Going away for the weekend. Heading out to my parents. Getting together with old friends from high school. It should be fun.
Everyone have a great weekend. See y'all on the 4th.

Take care and change directions.

YAK out.

Dear Everyone!

Thanks for all the comments on both my Stitch and the lake. I really appreciate all your words. :sunny:

I hope you all have a great weekend, and a wonderful 4th.

Peace out.

:yay:

Wow thanks for ppointing that link out Erinella! I had a lot of friends in HS who were from Brooklyn (especially Bay Ridge). My best friend in HS grew up on 86th St. and Fort Hamilton Parkway.

Lots of other great stuff here too for this native New Yorker. Thanks! :wave:

Just turning the page! Hope everyone has a safe and wonderful holiday weekend and Happy Canada Day to our friends up North!

party0046.gif

em'smom said:
The Sneeze

Haley! I am so excited, about halfway down on the right hand side of this page is a link for "forgottenNY" about 1/3 down that page is the Norwegian Day Parade in Brooklyn! If you all go look, that is my neighborhood that I grew up in. I was actually in that parade many years! I lived in Bay Ridge from the age of 6 to 28. There is a picture of a viking ship if that will get you all to check it out!

There is a flag in the parade for the Norwegian Christian Home. That is a nursing home that I worked in for almost 10 years! And a picture of Leske's Bakery where my mother in law worked for many years!

Everybody, go check it out! That is my home!

Thanks Haley for posting that link!

Wow, Erinella, how cool is that? I would be excited too.

Looks like it was a lot of fun to grow up there. It reminds me a lot of my hometown in Germany. All the mom and pop stores and parades. We had (still have) one every year for "Schuetzenfest", (Shooting fest?). A large wooden eagle is posted up way high on a pole, and the hunters take turns trying to shoot it off. Whoever shoots off the last piece is declared the King, and gets to pick his queen (who may or may not be his wife....). Then there is a parade through town, with bands and horses and carriages and the royal court, followed by a ceremony in the beer tent. (hey, this is Germany, there HAS to be a beer tent!). Actually. the shooting happens on Monday, there is the beer tent and a carnival starting the prior Friday. So, it's 4 days of festivities, with beer, pea soup (!!!), and bratwurst being the main attractions for the adults and fair rides for the kids and teens. Ahh, the memories of the top closing over the caterpillar ride while riding with the hotty of the day...........

Thanks for the memories.

Just a quick drive by before my company comes. Hope everyone is enjoying this beautiful Saturday. (Well, it is beautiful here. Hope it is where you are!)

YAK, have a fun weekend. Did Sher go away already? I missed her morning shoutout.

Gerri, thanks for the wake-up, hon. But it was kinda loud. For future reference, I prefer a radio wake-up over that loud bell :)

Thanks for the link Haley. Looks funny. I just glimpsed. Will have to check out more later. Glad Erin found some memory lane fun!

Anyway, busy afternoon. As it appears it is for everyone. Enjoy!!!

TTYL

Just a quick hello, busy day for us as always.

Shout out

Hi Kitty! Chappie (Spappie), Sher!!!!!!!!, Horseybaby (have a great time), Joe, La2, Rhonda , Em's Mom, Grammy, Hauntie (miss ya babe), Pongo (Underdog, Smores), Tink, Java, Shelby, Brandt, 2IAB, Kim, SNAP, Susan, Donna, Minnie, Frinkles, MommyP, NMarie, NAB , MSG, ODG, H2O, PMM, Jami, YAK, spectrum-turbo (also on vacation, I think), MarkyMark , Lou (is that your real name?), Ed (crusin), Hoop, Master G (talk to Johnny yet?), hooP , ZZUB (cause you skim, caught you looking), Pooh (back YET???), DisneyMommyM, Pooh2, Plutopants, Gerribon (welcome aboard and thanks for the wake-up call), Mr. Silly (lurker), Sid (Ninja), dpan (may I call you that?), connersmom, and anyone I might have forgotten.

Hi guys!

Afternoon shoutout to all!
Just got done not too long ago at the church, we picked out the music with the organist.
Some stuff from the Sound of Music and stuff from the Phantom of the Opera. Great stuff.
She basically played us bits of music and we picked out what we liked, we weren't going for anything in particular but she had great suggestions. It was very productive and that is one less thing we have to worry about.

YAK..that you so much. I am actually planning on calling Disney today. I have a rather large order to place with them. I need to do it now. So it gets here in town.
Although I am a sucker for rice crispy treats from there. I kid you not, in April when my friend at work went I had her bring me back some treats. I love them that much. Sadly they won't ship them to me.
I just have to keep telling myself I only have about 4 months to go. Which isn't all that long.
But if I think about it, it's scary as well becaue that means it's holiday time already. So it's a mixed feeling you know, I want it to hurry up, yet take it's time.

Ok enough rambling from me I think.
We are going to go shopping after church today. We have to pick our plates and silverware. Per my Stepmom's request. That is what they are going to buy us.

Pongo, there has to be no more exciting shopping than plates and silverware for your life together.

Hope you are having fun doing it!

You know we all expect a report, right?

See ya later..

AshClan said:
Just a quick drive by before my company comes. Hope everyone is enjoying this beautiful Saturday. (Well, it is beautiful here. Hope it is where you are!)

OMG! It's like a furnace outside today... 90.4 degrees, 42% humidity, overcast and very little breeze. DH has the air on soooo cold I'm sitting here in jeans and a sweatshirt...I'm sure the neighbors think I'm nuts...(the back wall of our living room is all windows and overlooks a pond and walking trail)

Did I miss a memo or something? Today at the mall I saw 3 people in overall shorts...you know those lovely short-alls that Donna and Kelly used to wear on 90210. Is that trend coming back around or did I just happen to see the only 3 people that missed the first memo saying they were so OUT?

Well since my kitty has pushed the laptop almost completely off my lap, I better pay him some attention.

Laters Taters!

I KNOW it's pathetic to post twice in a row, but I just HAD to welcome our missing buddy back even tho he's posted on another thread...
You've been spotted and how appropos (sp?) you chose Canada Day to come back!

:moped: :moped: We've been missing you! :moped: :moped:

Hey all,

HAPPY CANADA DAY!!! Just wanted to pop in to say hi! I'm way behind as usual...on days off I just can't keep up what with running after Connor and such. I need to come to work to get my DIS fix! And tonight I get to spend all night upgrading the computer to Windows XP because my brand new MP3 player, that I was all excited to get and I come home and load up the software only to see "the windows operating system currently running is not supported by this software". So, once I finish that I will be busily downloading all kinds of music to listen to in the future whilst DISing. So I'm sure to get behind again...

Oh well, at least I wrote and posted another installment of my trippie...at this rate I should be done this one just in time to start the next one!!!

Dh asked me the other day when I was planning to get caught up on all the various "projects" on the go...scrapbooking the last 4 trips, purging the house of garage sale fodder, getting my inventory built up for the xmas rush on stained glass, putting up the "gallery wall" of family pictures in the upstairs hallway...I told him I need a year off on maternity leave to do that! :lmao:
But knowing me, with that much time on my hands, who knows what mischief I could get into!!! Hey, I can DIS and feed a baby at the same time, can't I?!?!

Later all,

Hi Connorsmom,Tracey,

I am in the middle of reading your latest trippie update. Great job, very entertaining. Keep it up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter