READ POST 1 & 2 FIRST-Rise of the Resistance Boarding Group Planning and Information-*No Spoilers*

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am sure that this answer is somewhere in these pages it I have no idea where. Could someone tell me the best/easiest way to test if WiFi vs Cellular is faster in my hotel room?
I just typed "download speed" in my search box on my phone and picked whatever test showed up. We were at GF earlier this week and there was a huge difference between Disney wifi and Sprint LTE. The Disney wifi was much faster - by far - than Sprint LTE.

Ugh - three of us tried this morning no luck :( We all got a red box on the bottom that said something went wrong with an X.

Any advise for 1pm or our next park day on Friday?

TIA
ps I read the first few and last few pages as I am sure this was covered but didn't find anything, my apologies if this is repetitive!

Ugh - three of us tried this morning no luck :( We all got a red box on the bottom that said something went wrong with an X.

Any advise for 1pm or our next park day on Friday?

TIA
ps I read the first few and last few pages as I am sure this was covered but didn't find anything, my apologies if this is repetitive!
Did you follow all the tips? Did you stop to check names or just click the join buttons as fast as possible?

Did you follow all the tips? Did you stop to check names or just click the join buttons as fast as possible?

We did I read here nd we practiced no stopping! Three of us - two college age and myself, I was sure one of my kids would be successful.

So...I have been practicing a lot and have been doing pretty well. When we are in the parks I plan on having DH and DD try as well but I'm waiting until we are about a month out from our trip to have them start practicing. Well....today I asked DD for her phone and she was logged into her own MDE. She went with her marching band 2 yrs ago so she has her own account which is now linked with ours. So today at 1 when I tried, I tried from my account on my phone and DD's account on her phone and I hit the join-join-join super fast and we both got one. I know that her name shows up in my list of people but I didn't stop to look on hers - I was moving too fast. But I'm wondering how were we both able to get one? If she is on mine, wouldn't it have blocked her from getting one and she gotten an error message? Or vice versa? When we actually try in the parks - should she be logged into my account too?

A little datapoint for Disney wi-fi in the parks. We had to try for a boarding group at 1 pm on 4/14. We were inside Docking Bay 7 eating lunch. Wifi had faster ping/upload/download speeds than Verizon at least in that location, and I successfully scored BG 87 that day.

I'm sure this has been answered, but I can't find it. I did a 1pm practice today and I got the screen (I can't remember exactly what it said) but the bottom had the continue button greyed out. Does that mean I got in? TYIA

So...I have been practicing a lot and have been doing pretty well. When we are in the parks I plan on having DH and DD try as well but I'm waiting until we are about a month out from our trip to have them start practicing. Well....today I asked DD for her phone and she was logged into her own MDE. She went with her marching band 2 yrs ago so she has her own account which is now linked with ours. So today at 1 when I tried, I tried from my account on my phone and DD's account on her phone and I hit the join-join-join super fast and we both got one. I know that her name shows up in my list of people but I didn't stop to look on hers - I was moving too fast. But I'm wondering how were we both able to get one? If she is on mine, wouldn't it have blocked her from getting one and she gotten an error message? Or vice versa? When we actually try in the parks - should she be logged into my account too?
I believe it’s because you’re doing it in separate accounts. On your phone and in your account only your name is checked off when practicing. When she is on her phone in her own account only her name is checked off when practicing. The system isn’t recognizing you all together when practicing. On the actual day, everyone that has a ticket to the park will be checked off and only one person will be able to get it.

A few questions...

1) When boarding groups are released, is it a set number for both 7am and 1pm? (For example, do they have say 50 groups each time, regardless of actual down time of attraction or other factors?)

2) Does Disney cut off letting boarding groups enter at a certain time of day, or do they try to get as many boarding groups in as possible, even if it's after official park closing?

3) If I am successful at getting a boarding group at 7am, I know that I cannot try to get a second boarding group at 1pm on the same day. I am assuming that my husband, as a member of my "traveling party," can't try to get a boarding group at 1pm, either, correct?

My curiosity on these questions stems from the fact that, while on Disney World trips, my husband also likes to plan visits with friends who live in the Orlando area, and those visits aren't always just incorporated into park time. Alas, the time that the two other households said they were available happen to be on the very same days as my DHS reservations. This has already been expressed to both families so they already know we'll need flexibility in regard to our get-togethers and we will be keeping them updated on the day of. The first couple is actually going to be staying in Kidani Village (but likely just "staycationing" there at the resort) so we're kind of hoping the timing of any BG works out so that we can actually go visit them at Kidani during daylight hours and have a chance of seeing animals.

Good morning. We are one week out from our HS day, and naturally I have been practicing joining a boarding group from home.

I have been successful (what I am assuming to be successful) all but two times. I am unable to proceed beyond this point. Can someone confirm that this screen is an indicator that I would have successfully gotten a BG? Thanks!

Attachments

• CEE81A12-03F3-472A-8919-2F81A79A1B24.jpeg
    CEE81A12-03F3-472A-8919-2F81A79A1B24.jpeg
    22.8 KB · Views: 80
Good morning. We are one week out from our HS day, and naturally I have been practicing joining a boarding group from home.

I have been successful (what I am assuming to be successful) all but two times. I am unable to proceed beyond this point. Can someone confirm that this screen is an indicator that I would have successfully gotten a BG? Thanks!
Yes, this was a successful practice. Congrats!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter