READ POST 1 & 2 FIRST-Rise of the Resistance Boarding Group Planning and Information-*No Spoilers*

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have practiced a couple of times and during practice I had to select all. Do you think that is because I was not tied to park reservation. Meaning tomorrow they will all be selected because we are all tied to the park That day?

Hopefully this helps clear things up:

You don’t need to hit ‘select all’ when practicing. On the day you’re going to DHS all people on your list with a park reservation will automatically be selected.

If you’re practicing nobody has a park reservation so it’s working as it should. Just ignore this question and click join as quickly as possible.

I'm sure this has been asked a 1000 times but I have someone on my app I don't "have plans with". On day of, will this cause issues?

I can never remember to practice in the morning with our morning routine but I’ve been trying to practice at 1 and so far I’ve gotten it twice but then didn’t get it twice. DH has tried twice and didn’t get it either time. Today we got the all full message and also the “something went wrong” message.

We’ll be at the parks for a little over a week and I’ve scheduled 3 days at HS just in case. The last 2 days I scheduled were our hopping/resort/DS/flexible days so I figure we’ll wing it based on what happens on our 1st full day at HS.

“Something went wrong” can mean “you don’t have a ticket and park pass today” - in other words, you would have gotten in!

Someone, please correct me if you are wrong. I do not think that is right, the navy bar that pops up at the bottom saying something went wrong is exactly that, a warning telling you something went wrong. It does not mean you would have gotten a Boarding Group. If you do not progress to the next screen you would not have received a BG.

Someone, please correct me if you are wrong. I do not think that is right, the navy bar that pops up at the bottom saying something went wrong is exactly that, a warning telling you something went wrong. It does not mean you would have gotten a Boarding Group. If you do not progress to the next screen you would not have received a BG.
Yes, I realized after I posted that I was thinking of something else. I thought I had deleted my post but apparently it didn’t work then. I’ve deleted it now.

Got my ROTR boarding pass yesterday and we were Group 34, what an amazing ride! Random thoughts to pay it forward after getting so much help here:

For those with AT&T mobile phones, the speed in the hotels and parks are incredible, we were at 150mps on our iPhone 12’s. That’s faster than our wi-fi at home, just knew we were going to get them when I saw that. You have a big advantage if you are with AT&T and have newer phones. Turn off wi-fi when making your attempt.

Next, the 4 of us practiced as a group a few times back home, we used a laptop for the official world time, tapping ones toes to the beat of the clock really helps for that last second when your eyes have to refocus on the smaller phone screen. Use all your devices to try to get a BP and don’t forget to bring an extra device strictly for the time clock.

We did the join-join-join method from the AT-AT screen and it worked flawlessly, we don’t subscribe to the refresh method.

During our HS day I must have helped 30 poor souls who struck out at 7am and were in desperate need of advice in the park to try at 1pm. Hopefully the education I got here from you fine people helped some others too.

Been here for a week with 3 days at DHS and I was 3 for 4 on BG attempts!

Day 1 (3/27) - received BG 16 from my bed at CBR at 7am using my cell service (AT&T) not WiFi

Day 2 (3/29) - received BG 65 again from room at CBR on cell service. The friends and family page took a second to load which I think resulted in the later group.

Day 3 (3/30) - tried again at 7am from CBR and DH and I both failed. Both our phones failed to load the second page 😥. Tried again at 1pm from inside the park. 4 of us trying - DS12 and I using cell service, DS14 and DH using park WiFi. DS14 scored BG 90! We were able to ride just after 5pm.

Note: for all of the above tries I simply waited on the ATAT main screen on MDE until the time on my phone changed to 7am/1pm to click Join. I then clicked join as fast as possible on the next 2 screens without stopping to read anything or select anyone for my party.

Two successful mornings this past week. One with ATT LTE, one with Disney Wi-fi - both from our room in BLT.

Main screen, join, join, join. My clock is always set for 6:58 (practiced for a month) and I open worldclock website, watch it and count down to the second starting at 6:59:15 again with Main screen join join join method.
Good luck people!!

Two successful mornings this past week. One with ATT LTE, one with Disney Wi-fi - both from our room in BLT.

Main screen, join, join, join. My clock is always set for 6:58 (practiced for a month) and I open worldclock website, watch it and count down to the second starting at 6:59:15 again with Main screen join join join method.
Good luck people!!

So you start clicking join just before it changes to 7?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter