READ POST 1 & 2 FIRST-Rise of the Resistance Boarding Group Planning and Information-*No Spoilers*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wondering which would be better - DH & I will only have our 2 iPhones (I have an 8, he has a 12 if that matters) with us on the trip. No iPads and I don't really want to have to bring my laptop. Do you think we should BOTH be trying to get a boarding group by just hitting "Join" right as the phone clocks hit 7AM OR should we use 1 phone to have Time.gov pulled up and try to join with the 2nd phone?

I've been pretty successful with just my phone and using the phone clock, but I always figured 2 people trying to join would be better. Any thoughts?
If it were me I would both try to get a BG. I use the clock visible at the top of my iphone screen and the moment it turns to 7 or 1 I start clicking Join and I am successful the majority of times.

I believe 2 trying is more beneficial.

What am I doing wrong?

I tried yesterday from the join virtual queue and was unsuccessful. I was refreshing until Join pulled up and then selected the people in my group. Too late. Read a lot here and saw my mistakes.

Today I tried from the At-At screen. It took sweet forever for the "Select party" page to load. I hit "Select all" and moved on. Again, too late. It really couldn't have been more than 4 seconds. I assume it was the loading of the F&F page?

Any tips? We are going on Monday, so I know it will be busy. We plan to be in HS all day, so I can try again at 1, but since I've yet to be successful.....

Also, I created profiles for my parents when they came with us on our last trip. I cannot remove them from Friends and Family (no idea why), but they will not be on this trip. If I select "all" for my party, will they just not get BG since they don't have park admissions on that day? It's obviously faster to select everyone, but I don't want that to screw up the system and kick us out.

Thanks!
Tap the at at screen like a min before it turn a to 7. Let the app know you are there. Then in doesn’t seem to take as long to get to the group page when you do it for real at 7

Reading the first 2 posts of this thread will also help with other questions you may have.

It is highly recommended that you practice often at 7am snd 1pm before your trip as the BGs fill within 2-3 seconds. Knowing exactly what to do is key in successfully getting a BG.
Thanks! I had posted in the wrong forum and got my answer there. They moved my thread here.

Wondering which would be better - DH & I will only have our 2 iPhones (I have an 8, he has a 12 if that matters) with us on the trip. No iPads and I don't really want to have to bring my laptop. Do you think we should BOTH be trying to get a boarding group by just hitting "Join" right as the phone clocks hit 7AM OR should we use 1 phone to have Time.gov pulled up and try to join with the 2nd phone?

I've been pretty successful with just my phone and using the phone clock, but I always figured 2 people trying to join would be better. Any thoughts?
You should both try. Since the iPhone doesn't show seconds at the top of the screen, you can use a clock that does show seconds and then at 6:59:55 switch to the MDE app (which you should have already open behind the clock app), while counting down those 5 seconds, then start clicking Join-Join-Join. If one of you has a watch that shows seconds, use that and start counting down out loud from 6:59:55 to 7:00:00 while watching your iPhone.

Thanks to all the advice here we got boarding group 1 this morning!! I had been practicing for the past month. I start at at page, hit join join join as soon as it hits 7. I think it is muscle memory and knowing where the buttons are going to be. I did do a speed check before I joined this morning. Wifi was faster for me at carribean beach this morning than it was two days ago for me, so I used wifi.

Have people been able to get a boarding group at 1pm if they are not in the park at that time, but were in the park earlier that day?

We have failed to get a boarding group at 7 am for the last three trips and haven't tried at 1pm because we were out of the park.

Have people been able to get a boarding group at 1pm if they are not in the park at that time, but were in the park earlier that day?

We have failed to get a boarding group at 7 am for the last three trips and haven't tried at 1pm because we were out of the park.
You need to have had a reservation for that day and have scanned in on that day. You are not required to still be in the park at 1PM.

I’ve read on here it helps to have multiple people in your party trying to get a BG. What happens, when one person in the group gets BG, to the others trying? Can multiples get through “3 joins”? What do the others see when one in the party gets it?

I’ve read on here it helps to have multiple people in your party trying to get a BG. What happens, when one person in the group gets BG, to the others trying? Can multiples get through “3 joins”? What do the others see when one in the party gets it?
First one wins, and I am assuming rest should be able to see the BG status.

Others receive a message that they’re already part of a BG.

Sorry if this has been asked before, but regarding multiple people in your party trying for a BG at 7am...

Can we, or should we, all be logged into the same MDE account? I can download the app to my wife and daughters iPhones. I'm the only one in our family that has a MDE account since I'm the one that does all our planning. Is it o.k., or preferred, to have us all logged into my MDE account? (we are all "Family or Friends" on MDE and I all plans are managed by me). Or should we all have our own account?

Thanks

Sorry if this has been asked before, but regarding multiple people in your party trying for a BG at 7am...

Can we, or should we, all be logged into the same MDE account? I can download the app to my wife and daughters iPhones. I'm the only one in our family that has a MDE account since I'm the one that does all our planning. Is it o.k., or preferred, to have us all logged into my MDE account? (we are all "Family or Friends" on MDE and I all plans are managed by me). Or should we all have our own account?

Thanks
Absolutely fine to have everyone logged into your account. We were a party of 7 last year, and all 7 people logged into the same account. Fastest person will be successful. Have fun!

Absolutely fine to have everyone logged into your account. We were a party of 7 last year, and all 7 people logged into the same account. Fastest person will be successful. Have fun!

Perfect, thank you.

Dan

Any disadvantage of everyone using their own account?

If one of the individual accounts doesn't have everyone in your group as a friends and family member then those not on that list wouldn't get a boarding group if that individual was successful. Using one account that has everyone linked as friends/family helps to ensure that everyone gets a BG.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter