READ POST 1 & 2 FIRST-Rise of the Resistance Boarding Group Planning and Information-*No Spoilers*

Status
Not open for further replies.
I saw a few people report a while back that when they clicked on "join" it took them to a screen with a description of the ride instead. That happened to me this afternoon (successful practice in the morning) and I think I figured out (sorry if this was already explained and I just missed it), that my finger actually missed the "join" button on the 2nd press.

I might be wrong, but it appears that if you miss the button and your finger clicks elsewhere on that screen, it serves as a hot link to that ride description screen. :headache:

Ugh. One more thing that has to go JUST RIGHT! :scared1:

AIM, PEOPLE, AIM!!!!! :joker:

At least I've got lots of successful practices under my belt and even two actual successes getting BGs in the park last fall. Next week will be the real deal for us.

Again, jinxing myself here. But that's the *exact issue* that happened the one time I didn't get in during my practice runs. It has to be right on the spot.

Fingers crossed this pays off this summer!

This is why we practice. That way, we're not learning about these little details on the fly when it counts (and will result in big disappointment). It's much better to experience a curve ball like that when practicing and then you know how to avoid it happening again when it really matters!

I saw a few people report a while back that when they clicked on "join" it took them to a screen with a description of the ride instead. That happened to me this afternoon (successful practice in the morning) and I think I figured out (sorry if this was already explained and I just missed it), that my finger actually missed the "join" button on the 2nd press.

This is exactly what happened to me last Thursday. By the time I got back to where I needed to be, I had a message saying I'd already had a BG for the day because the person I traveled with managed to click properly. We got BG 10 so we were pretty excited.

This is why we practice. That way, we're not learning about these little details on the fly when it counts (and will result in big disappointment). It's much better to experience a curve ball like that when practicing and then you know how to avoid it happening again when it really matters!
Yes. I practiced several times the week or so leading up to my trip so I knew exactly what to do.

I might be wrong, but it appears that if you miss the button and your finger clicks elsewhere on that screen, it serves as a hot link to that ride description screen. :headache:

Ugh. One more thing that has to go JUST RIGHT! :scared1:

AIM, PEOPLE, AIM!!!!! :joker:

At least I've got lots of successful practices under my belt and even two actual successes getting BGs in the park last fall. Next week will be the real deal for us.

Agree with you Grumpy. As I posted last week:
Sorry that happened, I've had this happen to me a few times in the past. From what I can tell, if you're off a little bit when you're tapping that Join button, it takes you to the ride description page. You can see this at any time (without having to wait for 7AM or 1PM) if you tap the first Join button, then tap anywhere on the next screen that appears.

Can anyone in my group that has their own MDE get a BG for the group? There will be six of us. Should 2 or 3 of us try the morning we have park reservations? Or, is it only the one account that can do this?

Can anyone in my group that has their own MDE get a BG for the group? There will be six of us. Should 2 or 3 of us try the morning we have park reservations? Or, is it only the one account that can do this?
If everyone is showing in friends and family list on each other's accounts in MDE, then everyone can try using their own account.

Practiced today for the first time (trip later this month). Clicked on join, did NOT add the family members going with me, then got to the "Just a Moment- No Park Reservation Found" screen.

So that's a success?

If everyone is showing in friends and family list on each other's accounts in MDE, then everyone can try using their own account.
However, if EVERYONE doesn't show up in everyone else's MDE, you could end up getting a different BG for some people if trying from multiple accounts.

Here's what I mean... I have an account that has my wife, son, etc. on it. They don't have their own accounts. They just exist as avatars/profiles that I created on my account and I manage everyone's plans.

I'm linked to my brother's account. We were at DHS with his family in the fall. He was trying for a BG on his phone (using his account) and I was on my phone (using my account).

He was a little faster getting a BG than I was and I was included in his BG, but not my other family members who don't have their own accounts. I was successful getting a BG for the other people on my account, and we were able to get everyone combined into the same BG by visiting the blue umbrella team, so it all worked out.

I assume if I'd gotten through first, it would have included everyone in the BG because I can see all of his family members (and was even able to make park reservations recently for them from my account). I'll have to verify with him, but I think it's because he actually created accounts for all of his family members that are linked together.

Apparently, only I am linked to his account, but the other family member profiles I created within my account are not linked to his.

My point is, if you have multiple people trying for a BG from multiple accounts, it's possible that you end up with some people getting a different BG (or worse, they get "orphaned" if the only person whose account can "see" them is not successful getting a BG).

You could probably check ahead of time with everyone trying to make sure the entire party shows up in everyone's accounts. If they can see everyone, then whoever gets in first should get a BG for the entire group. But if some members of your party are not visible in everyone's accounts, they might not be included in the BG if the person who gets in can't "see" them in MDE.

Last edited:
There’s an iPhone app update today and I noticed that clicking anywhere on the Join Virtual Queue page no longer takes me to the Rise description page. That’s a good sign if it stays that way to avoid the issue when the Join button isn’t clicked spot on.
I just practiced successfully and I purposely pressed slightly to the side of the second join button before quickly hitting the right spot. It didn't take me on a detour to that other page this time, so hopefully that means this was one of the "bugs" this update fixed.

Hi! I read back 13 pages and didn't see the answer. If there is a thread on this please point me in that direction. We are staying offsite in April and only heading to HS for a day. We want to be on Disney property at 6:55 am to get in the virtual queue. We have a breakfast reservation at Wilderness lodge for 7:30 am. I am assuming we can be in the parking lot of the hotel at 7am and join the queue? Also, what technically counts as being on disney property? Driving on roads around resorts? Or being physically in a hotel lobby or room?? We aren't trying to work around the system, we just want to be sure we are actually "on property" at 6:55 am the day we want to go to HS. We don't want to wait for the 1:00 queue to open incase we need ti as a second chance. Thanks!!

You can try for a 7am Boarding Group from any location. You just have to have a park reservation at HS for that day.
It’s the 1 pm distribution that needs to be done from inside HS.

Hi! I read back 13 pages and didn't see the answer. If there is a thread on this please point me in that direction. We are staying offsite in April and only heading to HS for a day. We want to be on Disney property at 6:55 am to get in the virtual queue. We have a breakfast reservation at Wilderness lodge for 7:30 am. I am assuming we can be in the parking lot of the hotel at 7am and join the queue? Also, what technically counts as being on disney property? Driving on roads around resorts? Or being physically in a hotel lobby or room?? We aren't trying to work around the system, we just want to be sure we are actually "on property" at 6:55 am the day we want to go to HS. We don't want to wait for the 1:00 queue to open incase we need ti as a second chance. Thanks!!
Reading the first 2 posts of this thread will also help with other questions you may have.

It is highly recommended that you practice often at 7am snd 1pm before your trip as the BGs fill within 2-3 seconds. Knowing exactly what to do is key in successfully getting a BG.

We are going to be trying for a BG on Sunday morning. I’ve been practicing and doing well. What I’m nervous about is the time change—getting fired up to try at 7am is one thing, getting fired up to try at effectively 6am after a 10pm MK close the night before is another! I’m also really worried something will happen with the clocks and we’ll miss it! (I know that’s unfounded in 2021, but still.). Is anyone else trying for real on Sunday and irrationally nervous about the time change?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter