READ POST 1 & 2 FIRST-Rise of the Resistance Boarding Group Planning and Information-*No Spoilers*

Status
Not open for further replies.
First time I've tried this since the winter, looks like I wouldn't have made it. Said was at capacity.
Anyone catch how quickly they went? I think it was under 20 seconds?

First time I've tried this since the winter, looks like I wouldn't have made it. Said was at capacity.
Anyone catch how quickly they went? I think it was under 20 seconds?

I was able to get through to the "not everyone in your party has a ticket" page. Backed out and tried again, it was already full. I would say definitely less than 20 seconds.

I think practicing from home really helps. I'm able to click things faster and know exactly what to expect.

Something everyone should hear - do not be surprised if the ride breaks down while you are in the queue! If you ever see the BGs stop/return time stagnating/temporarily closed on the attractions list on the app, expect it to be down for 1 hour minimum, 1.5 hours safe. That's what I've observed. We were right at the end in the queue when it broke down at 1:31PM. Told my friend give it an hour until we start to worry about being evacuated from the queue. Sure enough, almost right at 2:31PM or so things started moving again.

It seems the breaking down always has a similar amount of time to fully reboot and fix the ride.

Another tip: if you are curious and not in the queue, just wondering about maybe when your REAL return time will come, go up to the ROTR CMs oustide and ask about HOW LONG the ride has been broken down. They always have an answer for that! Compare that time to 1-1.5 hours to gauge approximately how long

Last edited:
Something everyone should hear - do not be surprised if the ride breaks down while you are in the queue! If you ever see the BGs stop/return time stagnating/temporarily closed on the attractions list on the app, expect it to be down for 1 hour minimum, 1.5 hours safe. That's what I've observed. We were right at the end in the Destroyer queue when it broke down at 1:31PM. Told my friend give it an hour until we start to worry about being evacuated from the queue. Sure enough, almost right at 2:31PM or so things started moving again.

It seems the breaking down always has a similar amount of time to fully reboot and fix the ride.

Another tip: if you are curious and not in the queue, just wondering about maybe when your REAL return time will come, go up to the ROTR CMs oustide and ask about HOW LONG the ride has been broken down. They always have an answer for that! Compare that time to 1-1.5 hours to gauge approximately how long
Appreciate this but please be cautious to not give any details of this ride. Many of us are trying desperately not to hear any details, names, rooms, etc before we can ride for ourselves. Thanks!

Something everyone should hear - do not be surprised if the ride breaks down while you are in the queue! If you ever see the BGs stop/return time stagnating/temporarily closed on the attractions list on the app, expect it to be down for 1 hour minimum, 1.5 hours safe. That's what I've observed. We were right at the end in the queue when it broke down at 1:31PM. Told my friend give it an hour until we start to worry about being evacuated from the queue. Sure enough, almost right at 2:31PM or so things started moving again.

Excellent tip! Many thanks! When you were waiting in line with your friend, did many people leave the queue allowing you to move up at all?

Wow, that was quick today, thanks everyone for confirming it wasn't my phone. I was able to select everyone in my party so that was a plus knowing.

I think we'll be relying on our DDs to get the boarding passes next month! (I would have made it in January, but DDs both beat me and DH on two separate days).

Was in line for mmrr, got bg 2, and the group was called about 5 minutes later. Got in line and the ride is having technical difficulties :( waiting it out with cast member TJ which is possibly ther violet cm on property and you probably have seen him in ToT advertisement

I just wanted to say how happy I am that this thread is alive again! Enjoy RotR, everyone. Wish I were there with you and hoping to be there for our scheduled trip in December.

Definitely! I came in January and this thread was very calming when we had trouble with the boarding passes, seeing how many BGs they got through daily and at what times. I opened this back up and remembered back to those January mornings on runDisney events in the cold Florida mornings on Sunset Blvd before 7AM anxiously waiting for the clock to turn while Christmas music plays!

The 10am didn’t even show up on my phone today, and the 1pm let me select my party but it was full before it let me confirm. Maybe 10 seconds? I was constantly refreshing to two different phones. Honestly kinda ridiculous when you consider it is 25% capacity in the park. Of course I’m not sure exactly how much capacity the ride is operating at.

The 10am didn’t even show up on my phone today, and the 1pm let me select my party but it was full before it let me confirm. Maybe 10 seconds? I was constantly refreshing to two different phones. Honestly kinda ridiculous when you consider it is 25% capacity in the park. Of course I’m not sure exactly how much capacity the ride is operating at.

Well each party is 6 feet apart in the line. Usually, on normal days it is only 1-3 feet probably. Plus, each vehicle only holds one party now.

So about 30% of the line capacity and THEN cut the ride capacity itself just about in half.

Other parts also we know about cause the capacity to decrease.

I would say ROTR is VERY limited capacity in comparison to what it normally is in relation to guests in the park.

Feeling very lucky today. We arrived at DHS 30 minutes before open. Our plan was to get on slinky and get our BG while in line. Well, slinky was down from the beginning so we camped out at the old Starring Rolls and waited for a bg. Four of us logged in under separate accounts: 3 of us on iPhone XRs and one on an older Samsung Galaxy 6 Active.

We all had wifi (ATT carrier). Somehow my daughter snagged the mythical boarding group 1 on her Samsung! No clue if that’s relevant or just blind luck but that’s what happened. We rode RotR and loved it. We saw that it went down shortly after. We feel very fortunate!

Now if we could just ride Slinky...

Feeling very lucky today. We arrived at DHS 30 minutes before open. Our plan was to get on slinky and get our BG while in line. Well, slinky was down from the beginning so we camped out at the old Starring Rolls and waited for a bg. Four of us logged in under separate accounts: 3 of us on iPhone XRs and one on an older Samsung Galaxy 6 Active.

We all had wifi (ATT carrier). Somehow my daughter snagged the mythical boarding group 1 on her Samsung! No clue if that’s relevant or just blind luck but that’s what happened. We rode RotR and loved it. We saw that it went down shortly after. We feel very fortunate!

Now if we could just ride Slinky...
Sorry, wifi was OFF!

We all had wifi (ATT carrier). Somehow my daughter snagged the mythical boarding group 1 on her Samsung! No clue if that’s relevant or just blind luck but that’s what happened.
BG 1 is always a great way to start the day at DHS. It is not really the speed / age of the phone but the finger speed of the user. Your daughter might just have faster reflexes or it could be blind luck. The good news is that you get to decide which you believe.

Dave

BG 1 is always a great way to start the day at DHS. It is not really the speed / age of the phone but the finger speed of the user. Your daughter might just have faster reflexes or it could be blind luck. The good news is that you get to decide which you believe.

Dave
At age 16, she indeed has the youngest, fastest phone fingers!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter