READ POST 1 & 2 FIRST-Rise of the Resistance Boarding Group Planning and Information-*No Spoilers*

Status
Not open for further replies.
A great day for the attraction.

- 141 BGs were called - 62 Regular and 79 Backups - a reversal of three days of below average performance
- BGs lasted 37 minutes, a sharp contrast to the prior two days which saw 2 minute and 1 minute times - so, continued "all over the place" performance with this particular metric

of-BGs-Called-By-Type.png

Elapsed-time-to-fill-all-BGs.png

Last edited:
I wonder how much of the performance of this ride as reflected in these amazing graphs is related to attendance rather than performance. I don’t know if the numbers could be adjusted somehow to reflect slow v crowded days, but that would help us see if the ride itself is actually improving.

I wonder how much of the performance of this ride as reflected in these amazing graphs is related to attendance rather than performance. I don’t know if the numbers could be adjusted somehow to reflect slow v crowded days, but that would help us see if the ride itself is actually improving.

I honestly don't think that there's been a slow day at HS since ROTR opened.

I don't think crowd level really affects RotR performance metrics at all right now. Boarding groups are a finite commodity; Disney decides on fixed number of boarding groups every day, so only certain number of the guests will get a boarding group. So far, even on the less crowded days, there have always been far more attendees requesting boarding groups than there are available spots, so the maximum number of boarding groups has been assigned every day. For the most part, the number of "regular" boarding groups has also stayed fairly consistent so far regardless of attendance. The only thing that varying crowd levels will change is how quickly the day's allotment of boarding groups runs out. So really the only metrics we can watch for improvement are "how many boarding groups did they get through each day?" and "how often / how long was the ride down each day?".

Finally my Hollywood Studios day. Left GDT before 7 this morning. In the park rope dropping MMRR. My boyfriend is going to try to help get a boarding group for my party of 3 from home otherwise I would be somewhere away from all these people lol.

Check in later with all the details.

My practice went well for the second day in a row. Hit find out more after counting to 3, JBG still not red but I was able to join from my status. When I backed out to do it again JBG was red, I got through 5 times before it started saying backups a few seconds after 8:01.

Practice day 2: took advantage of the fact that school was cancelled today to get DS14 out of bed to practice with us.
DD19 wouldn't get out of bed :-)

Turned off the WiFi today and went with our Verizon. We again waited until the clock struck 8, then counted "1, 2, go". DH got red button immediately. DS14 and I both had to go through My Status, then we both got an error that something went wrong. DS14 hit the refresh, I exited the app and came back in. We all made it to the "you are not all in the park" screen.

Countdown to Disney 41 days!!

I’m trying to find how long my daughter has to get back once her boarding group is called, her app froze in park, I got her 41 from home thanks to this board! I know it’s either 1 hour or 2 hours but where does it say????

I’m trying to find how long my daughter has to get back once her boarding group is called, her app froze in park, I got her 41 from home thanks to this board! I know it’s either 1 hour or 2 hours but where does it say????

It will say when she gets her push notification, or if she clicks on "My Status" I think she can get more info there.
EDIT: She will have 2 hours, though, unless her group isn't called until the very end of the day when she might get only one hour simply because of the park closing.

Thanks for the response. I have an annual pass so it doesn't show the number of days left. Any other idea?

Not sure how AP works BUT I did noticed something when I was there. The app didn't show the changes until I completely closed it. I refreshed several things but the ticket was kept with "1 day remaining" until I closed the app and opened it again. So I would advise you to close the app and reopen once you are scanned and at the point you are going to wait.

And also what yulilin3 said. Quite an expert there :D.

It will say when she gets her push notification, or if she clicks on "My Status" I think she can get more info there.
EDIT: She will have 2 hours, though, unless her group isn't called until the very end of the day when she might get only one hour simply because of the park closing.

I'll note that on Sunday, when we got BG2 and were "called" right away, the message and app gave us 1 hour (9:02). But as it didn't actually open on time, it was extended to two hours. Given that BG2 today is still listed as boarding, I'd say it was really 2 hours despite the initial message. I hate trusting in Disney's glitches though... :)

Edit: Has anyone tracked the lowest boarding group boarding throughout the day? That would generally show us what the return window is...I have something that can access wait times through an API, but it doesn't report RotR boarding group info...

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter