READ POST 1 & 2 FIRST-Rise of the Resistance Boarding Group Planning and Information-*No Spoilers*

Status
Not open for further replies.
. I really hope that in my 2 days there we can get on ROTR. This process is frustrating!

My suggestion is to keep practicing. At first it seems silly, but you start to experiment with different 'recovery' actions depending on what happens. It basically gives you time to try things and have them in your pocket depending on what happens when you are there. We feel better about it at this point (we go next week), but we also know that we can't beat ourselves up if there is some glitch. We've done what we can to not get stuck and freeze not knowing what to try next.

I will be at DHS 4/18 and 4/19. I started practicing 4 days ago. 3 out of 4 days I ran into glitches, which has me discouraged. The first day I was getting "something went wrong." Day 2 was smooth. Yesterday my husband and son weren't showing up in my family and friends list. Today, despite refreshing and going into my status, etc. my button wouldn't turn red. I had to hard close and at that point only backup groups were available-- this was before 8:01. I really hope that in my 2 days there we can get on ROTR. This process is frustrating!

Everything that I’ve read here and my own limited practice at home has convinced me to force quit the app at the first sign of problems. Refreshing just messes you up imo.

Everything that I’ve read here and my own limited practice at home has convinced me to force quit the app at the first sign of problems. Refreshing just messes you up imo.

I totally agree most times force close and opening again is around 10 seconds. If you spend 4 seconds trying to fix it and you do fix it you saved 6 seconds if you spend any amount of seconds trying to fix it and you fail you are still back to force close and opening again. We know force close solves the problems so just eat the roughly 10 seconds and force close and reopen at first sign of issues.

The only issue I self fix is if you get the "Try again, something went wrong" pop up at the bottom of the screen when you are choosing family and friends. Just hit "X" on the pop up and submit again, that normally self corrects.

I have been practicing regularly for the past 3 weeks or so, and my 10 yr old DD has caught on the last week as well.
I have been successful daily with the App already open and a 3 second wait after 8am. Time tracking is via Atomic Clock Widget that has a floating small window over the MDE App.
Today is the first time it did not work for both of us. No Red "Join Boarding Group".
Was thrown off, clicked My Status, and was able to click "Join A Boarding Group"
In a way, I am glad this happened so I am prepared for various issues that may arise when in the Park on Go Live Day and how to handle them, and just not freeze up and not know what to do.
It does appear that today, more then other days, that a lot of folks encountered the same issue of the Join Boarding Group not turning Red.
BTW, at approx 8:54 (or so) Back Up Boarding Groups were finally filled. Nobody wants to leave the 5 hr line @ MMRR.

Here is my question. Even with a bad practice today (everything stayed grey. Had to force close the app and reopen). I’m still able to get a BG like 5 times before backups start. How are people in the park not getting a group

sometimes people get just repeatedly tech issues and even after several minutes and several restarts it doesn't work ... plus there was a stretch of days when even backup groups were gone in like 75 secs, so if you aren't right on top of things or have some IT issues, it can go quick

I also suspect sometimes when people say "I didn't get a group!" they are referring to a primary group, but they could still get a back up group (especially when you see things posted on social media moreso than in this thread)

I was ready at the right time this am to practice, and for the first time ever I got into the loop of nothing becoming clickable. I’ve never had that happen before. I waited the 3 seconds and join boarding group wasn’t clickable, and after clicking my status it wasn’t clickable them either. I went back to the main MDE page and back in a couple of time, then force closed it, reopened it with fireworks, and was able to get JBG red and got to choose my family one time. It didn’t say backups them and didn’t give me the pop up, but that was the only time I got through. When I tried a second time backups were gone at 8:00:45. My first ever terrible practice.

I guess this is why I do practice, to see what might happen that hasn’t happened before. It was kind of a wake up call, o had never really had a huge glitch before.
This happened to me this morning as well. Followed exactly what I did in the past... but nothing went live. I had to force close the app and restart it. So confused on why the app does this and I don’t like this kind of variability in the equation to get a BG.

Here is my question. Even with a bad practice today (everything stayed grey. Had to force close the app and reopen). I’m still able to get a BG like 5 times before backups start. How are people in the park not getting a group
Some people are not that fast with their phones and being in a crowded place can make a difference sometimes. Another thing can be the actual phone, some cheaper phones may be a lot slower plus the connection can also make a difference.
One thing that I noticed is the bad info you get everywhere. My lyft told me the day before that I should go at 3 am and do the standby to secure my place and try for a BG which he said was the “pass” for the 6 hrs standby line :confused3. He “has a friend” that got a boarding group and did all this huuuuge line and didn’t get to ride. So if you don’t do your homework and trust this people, you will not be getting a boarding group since you probably don’t even know where to click.

I was ready at the right time this am to practice, and for the first time ever I got into the loop of nothing becoming clickable. I’ve never had that happen before. I waited the 3 seconds and join boarding group wasn’t clickable, and after clicking my status it wasn’t clickable them either. I went back to the main MDE page and back in a couple of time, then force closed it, reopened it with fireworks, and was able to get JBG red and got to choose my family one time. It didn’t say backups them and didn’t give me the pop up, but that was the only time I got through. When I tried a second time backups were gone at 8:00:45. My first ever terrible practice.

I guess this is why I do practice, to see what might happen that hasn’t happened before. It was kind of a wake up call, o had never really had a huge glitch before.

I would argue this is a very good practice. I’ve only had glitches on a handful of days. The first times they happened my brain immediately went ‘OMG, what do I do?’ even though I know theoretically what to do. This wastes precious seconds. As I’ve run across more glitches my reaction is more smooth. And I think you’re more likely to get glitches in the park due to all the people.

Embrace the glitchy practice days - they will make you better on game day! :flower1:

This happened to me this morning as well. Followed exactly what I did in the past... but nothing went live. I had to force close the app and restart it. So confused on why the app does this and I don’t like this kind of variability in the equation to get a BG.

Same with me. As usual, I hit My Status but the button wasn’t active so I had to restart the app. Not sure if I would have gotten in in time to get a regular BG.

Yesterday, I got to my FF list, and only 1 of my 4 family members was listed. So, I had to restart and the second time it was fine.

I have also occasionally been getting that “something went wrong“ error when trying to enter the BG names. That usually resolves itself with one or two clicks of the retry button on that screen

That’s funny, because that is always what I did including my one real day and it always worked but I did have to go to my status to get a clickable button. Following this thread some people are so adamant about waiting 3 seconds I decided to try that in practice, and I’ve had a few glitches. Once one child didn’t show up and then today the never clickable loop. I think I’ll go back to clicking find out more as soon as I see my iPhone clock turn over to 8:00.
I have tried right at 8 and waiting 3 seconds with the app already open and both have resulted in having to force close and re open to get either the find out more or my status button to work. I ma going to try opening from scratch at 8 tomorrow. It takes my app about 5 seconds to load and show the find out more screen so we will see if that works.

Uh oh...my daughter was a CM last summer. Now, we've all planned a May trip. Three of us have purchased 8-day Park Hoppers while she has said she has her CM passes (tickets?). Not sure she's aware of the (possible) HS block. Sounds like she'll need to purchase a two or three-day pass after all for our studio days.
If it's the Main entrance pass or guest pass, she probably will.
I would wait, though. In October, I was constantly checking because my family was coming (with my passes), and about a week before they opened HS up. I was fully planning on buying tickets for us, so it was a pleasant surprise.

Uh oh...my daughter was a CM last summer. Now, we've all planned a May trip. Three of us have purchased 8-day Park Hoppers while she has said she has her CM passes (tickets?). Not sure she's aware of the (possible) HS block. Sounds like she'll need to purchase a two or three-day pass after all for our studio days.
I'm sorry I missed your comment
If her tickets are the complimentary winter or summer tickets that she can print out and give away then those are fine to enter. If she is using her MEP then that's blocked out. Here's the site for CM blackout dates
https://blockoutdates.disney.com/en/homeMy daughter used one of the complimentary Winter passes this past month to go in with her bf

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter