READ POST 1 & 2 FIRST-Rise of the Resistance Boarding Group Planning and Information-*No Spoilers*

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’ve been reading this thread and practicing for weeks. A big thank you for all of the tips! Today was our HS day. I think the crowds were lighter than average. Wait times were never triple digits, it wasn’t uncomfortably crowded and BBG’s lasted a long time.
Took bus from Poly at 6:35, arrived at HS before 7. Wasn’t sure if staying right through bag check was still an advantage, but did it anyhow because all lines seemed the same length. Got through bag check and tap styles fairly quickly after they opened at 7. Headed straight for Toy Story land to RD TSM because I had a SDD FP. Used iPhone 11 on Verizon, Bluetooth and WiFi off, DH trying on iPhone 8 on Verizon, 10 yo DD on iPhone 6 on WiFi, all logged into same account. Not only have I been practicing pretty much daily but I’ve been training them. Opened app at 7:55 and as soon as clock on phone switched to 8 I hit find out more, “join boarding group” was immediately red. Got BG 6! Was in shock and park was still quiet. Many seconds later I started hearing cheering. Leading up to it I was afraid I’d get nervous and my hands would shake and I’d mess up getting BG, but I was surprisingly calm. Only after I got the BG did my hands start to shake. Got on TSM with no wait. As I was about to step on ride, got notification BG called with one hour return. Got in line for ROTR around 8:30, but line stopped moving just before we got to area where ride starts. Then ride went down. Water and snacks were brought out. After maybe a 20 minute wait ride was back up and amazing. I feel like I truly got the full ride experience because I even got to experience snacks & water! Again thank you to everyone for the tips!

Last edited:
Curious what the thoughts are this...

I’ve seen a few people report that CM’s are telling them that it works better if you only have one person in your group trying for a BG. Has anyone else been told this?

That instruction seems counter-intuitive to me, especially if there is a glitch with the app or phone. I wonder if they are saying it just to lighten the load on the servers? Or maybe the app responds slower if multiple people are all logged in to the same MDE account?

I’m still planning to have at least four (of the six in my party) attempt to get a BG when we are there next week, but am curious if people getting there early BGs are those that only have one person trying to snag one?

I went to guest services in MK to make sure our friends and family lists were all correct so we'd have no issues to select all and get everyone in our boarding group on our HS day. The CM was adamant that only one of us log onto MDE to try for the BG, but 5 us of tried and out of all of us my SIL was able to get back-up group #65 on Saturday. Doesn't make sense to me to only have one person trying.

Uh oh...my daughter was a CM last summer. Now, we've all planned a May trip. Three of us have purchased 8-day Park Hoppers while she has said she has her CM passes (tickets?). Not sure she's aware of the (possible) HS block. Sounds like she'll need to purchase a two or three-day pass after all for our studio days.
Maybe, maybe not. DHS has been insane lately, but May is a lower crowd time. People are reporting on other threads that they've been able to easily book their 60-day FP for the first week without problems, even getting headliners at the start of the trip.

The Chart on Post 2 has been updated. Excellent day for the ride and for the guest experience.

- 129 BGs were called - 61 Regular / 68 Backup - for a 10.75 BG per hour average

Visuals below. I think it's safe to say today was probably an anomoly in terms of the time to fill all BGs caused in large part due to shifting crowd patterns related to MMRR's opening tomorrow. Good luck to everyone giving it a go tomorrow. :earseek:

(BTW, if you have a more precise # than 50 minutes let me know... I checked at 8:52 and they were gone, but it went on so long I was busy and only checking in larger increments prior to that time, thanks!)

# of BGs Called By Type.png

Elapsed time to fill all BGs.png

Today was my HS day.

-Left hotel at 6:30
-At HS by 6:45. Line was at the ticket booths
-RD for ToT an was at the very entrance with my husband. I have an iPhone 7 on AT&T and husband a one plus phone on TMobile. Also had a friend helping from home
-At 8 my button didn’t turn red but clicked “My status” and then “Join boarding group”. Selected my party and got an error message since my husband got group 6 for both. I made him practice, so it worked!.
-After ToT we went to ride but after the first part, it went down. Got a fastpass for later.
-Came back later to ride and it was perfect!. Even my husband said it was worth it (he likes SW but hates going to the parks).

It was a really nice day. Got to ride MFSR as pilots, got to ride ToT multiple times (favorite),rode RoTR, went to Savi’s thanks to an incredibly nice DISer that helped us and even got to meet the Trackers (love them).

Thank you everyone for your tips!

Last edited:
The Chart on Post 2 has been updated. Excellent day for the ride and for the guest experience.

- 129 BGs were called - 61 Regular / 68 Backup - for a 10.75 BG per hour average

Visuals below. I think it's safe to say today was probably an anomoly in terms of the time to fill all BGs caused in large part due to shifting crowd patterns related to MMRR's opening tomorrow. Good luck to everyone giving it a go tomorrow. :earseek:

(BTW, if you have a more precise # than 50 minutes let me know... I checked at 8:52 and they were gone, but it went on so long I was busy and only checking in larger increments prior to that time, thanks!)

View attachment 478599

View attachment 478600
I've been away from this thread for a week or so, so this is the first time I'm seeing these two graphs - I love them! Having a Disney + data geek moment! :teacher:

Not as many problems practising today as I had yesterday, but still a bit sticky. The first time through, everything was grey on both screens (waiting until 8:00:02). The second time, I got the red join button, but then when selecting people a red bar popped up at the bottom saying the feature was unavailable to those not already in a boarding group. A second force-close and retry, and I was able to get in to the "Not so fast ..." screen twice before boarding groups were showing after about a minute.

I was ready at the right time this am to practice, and for the first time ever I got into the loop of nothing becoming clickable. I’ve never had that happen before. I waited the 3 seconds and join boarding group wasn’t clickable, and after clicking my status it wasn’t clickable them either. I went back to the main MDE page and back in a couple of time, then force closed it, reopened it with fireworks, and was able to get JBG red and got to choose my family one time. It didn’t say backups them and didn’t give me the pop up, but that was the only time I got through. When I tried a second time backups were gone at 8:00:45. My first ever terrible practice.

I guess this is why I do practice, to see what might happen that hasn’t happened before. It was kind of a wake up call, o had never really had a huge glitch before.

Here is my question. Even with a bad practice today (everything stayed grey. Had to force close the app and reopen). I’m still able to get a BG like 5 times before backups start. How are people in the park not getting a group

Less than a minute until backups this morning. 8:00:40 for me.

I am having some issues practicing from home. 2 days in a row I have had to close and reopen the app to get it. This morning I waited until 7:59:15 to open the app hoping this would work, and still no dice. Had to force close and re open to get to boarding groups. I am on an iphone 11, latest version of the app. Anyone have any insight into what might be going on?

Less than a minute until backups this morning. 8:00:40 for me.

I am having some issues practicing from home. 2 days in a row I have had to close and reopen the app to get it. This morning I waited until 7:59:15 to open the app hoping this would work, and still no dice. Had to force close and re open to get to boarding groups. I am on an iphone 11, latest version of the app. Anyone have any insight into what might be going on?
Same with me, I’ve never had to force close the app before and I did this am. Before I’d always been able to join either from the initial JBG page or after clicking my status: not today though.

Slow data today! Had to kill & restart app for the first time. Still got group 55. I'll hang out in another park for awhile.

At 6:45, CMs saying wait for MMRR at 5 hours!
I had to kill and restart practicing from home the last 2 day. I have never had this issue before. I ma wondering if something has changed.

Hopefully the MMRR sitution is jut those who want to say they rode it opening day and not a reflection of things to come! Either way, I am glad I snagged a FP.

Here is my question. Even with a bad practice today (everything stayed grey. Had to force close the app and reopen). I’m still able to get a BG like 5 times before backups start. How are people in the park not getting a group
Wireless data collision.

Same with me, I’ve never had to force close the app before and I did this am. Before I’d always been able to join either from the initial JBG page or after clicking my status: not today though.
I am going to try opening the app right at 8:00 tomorrow and see what happens.

I had to force close the app and was only able to get through one time after that, the second time they were all gone. I probably spent 10 seconds trying to get a button to become clickable before giving up and closing the app, it reopened fairly quickly, I got one chance and no more BGs at 40-45 seconds after 8.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter