READ POST 1 & 2 FIRST-Rise of the Resistance Boarding Group Planning and Information-*No Spoilers*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is it even possible to get into the park without Mickey turning green? The odd time someone has had troubles getting into a park Mickey turned blue and someone with an iPad came over and checked them in that way before we could enter the park.

If someone has to be checked in with an iPad, does this cause them to not show up as being in the park? Guess I'm just wondering how anyone would get in without Mickey turning green as every CM we've ever seen watches those tap machines like a hawk!
I don’t really know the answer to that except to say that the one time my DD didn’t show up as being in the park she had problems at the tapstile and had to get scanned in. We went a few other times since that time and never had a problem at the tapstile and never had anyone not show up as in the park. So for us it appeared to be connected.

Practice session at home was rough. Couldn’t even get the sign in to work at 7.55. Eventually got it to sign in by going on home WiFi. Then, had multiple red pop ups saying not admitting new guests, to refresh and then get a group. All of party also didn’t show up in my app til 8:01.

I think the frustrating part is the inconsistency, as I’ve practiced multiple times at home to prep for my trip next week. I feel like it’s all a crapshoot at this week and will depend solely on how well the app is working for me the morning we go.
Practice from home went well today - I was surprised. As I don't know from day to day if the app will work as it is supposed to. It is like every 3rd attempt - it works but all the other times it glitches.

the consensus is to open the app no earlier than a minute before opening time. I always open it at 7:59, don't touch anything and then click find out more (RotR ATAT pic) at 8

I've practiced the last few days as well (after having had trouble when I did it for real in January although my wife got us 47) and the above is by far what has worked best so far.

I just want to say thanks to this thread - I’ve been reading everyday since the beginning and the tips here saved us this morning in the park on our one day attempt (added a Hollywood Studios day to our cruise/Universal trip specifically for Star Wars).

We left the Dolphin at 7:00 and walked. We stayed right, and tapped into the park at 7:30 am. We set up on Sunset Blvd since we weren’t planning to rope drop anything. I had an IPhone 11, DH had the latest Samsung Galaxy, and I brought my iPad mini for 10 year old DD. I’m so glad I did, because of course she ended up getting in first! My buttons never became clickable, and DD got in before I tried anything else. Unfortunately it was saying only I was in the park. By the time we backed out and removed DH, DD, and DS, I was able to get Boarding Group 62, the last regular boarding group today. Without that issue, I’m sure we would have had a much lower number.

It was because of the thread that I knew to grab any group we could get. The GET team were able to add the rest of my family to Group 62. Keeping my fingers crossed, they’re on Group 37 at 10:15 so it looks pretty good.

MY PHONE GLITCHED!!!!!

Guys, I wanted to cry a little, but my son was actually crying so I tried very hard to keep my "that's okay, sometimes life's not fair, we're still totally going on the other new star wars ride later isn't that cool" face on.

Geez, I think I am going to tell my family that there is a greater chance of not getting a BG than actually getting one so that we will expect to fail. Maybe I should have scheduled this trip for next year.

MY PHONE GLITCHED!!!!!

Guys, I wanted to cry a little, but my son was actually crying so I tried very hard to keep my "that's okay, sometimes life's not fair, we're still totally going on the other new star wars ride later isn't that cool" face on.

We took y'all's advice and we walked, left here around 7:10. Everyone cooperated and played along. To add a little excitement, my phone charger broke last night with only 30% battery left so I had been keeping my phone powered completely off and would turn it on when we got to DHS. We were through tapstiles at 7:40. I turned my phone on at 7:50. Found a spot with great signal just to right of Crossroads that wasn't insanely crowded. Turned on the app at 7:55, everything looks good.

Then it just ... didn't work. As soon as my phone hit 8:00, I hit "find out more." Nothing. Button is still grey. No problem, I've seen this before in practice, I hit "My Status."nothing. Tried pressing the grey button just in case. Nothing. Pull down refreshed. Nothing. Backed all the way out to home and repeated the sequence. Force closed and restarted the app completely. it is still only 8:00 (no idea how many seconds) and now it's saying it's in back-up groups BUT THE JOIN BUTTON STILL WON'T ACTIVATE. Tried the cycle one more time then headed to GET but the line for GET is maybe 100 people long and I waited for 15 minutes the other day in a GET line of 3, so we used our RnRC FP and came back to BC.

I have a healthy amount of perspective on this, believe me, but I am so incredibly frustrated by the experience. I have practiced from home dozens of time and never had this happen. I've occasionally had it grey button on one screen, but moving forward or back a a screen always has corrected the problem. Restarting the app certainly should have. The other day when we were still in line for tapstiles I got farther than I did today, calmly waiting inside! And we're going home in the morning so that was our last and best effort, failed through no fault of our own.

that's unfortunate, but I got the exact same thing when i practiced at home yesterday.
all you can do is prepare and hope your phone doesn't glitch for the day you are actually trying; but manage expectations in the very possible case when it happens.

Trying from home.
Heck yes I would have taken a BG under 20! :banana::banana::banana:

I'm a little worried because I'll be there Saturday, and don't want this to happen IRL.

Oh! then you are more than safe :cheer2:. I already helped two friends get BGs from home (they were at Disneyland) and they were practicing also weeks before but being in a crowded place can make a difference. Do you know someone that you trust so you can give them your user and password and help from a plance with great WiFi and non crowded place?. This way your chances are even greater :).

Has the red message at the bottom replaced the pop up that says you’re getting a backup? Or are they completely different? Because I haven’t gotten that pop up in A long time, I did get the red message this am, and I haven’t heard about the pop up for a while (but might have just forgotten since this
moves so fast).
I got the popup telling me that they are going into Backups - trying from home.

Is it even possible to get into the park without Mickey turning green? The odd time someone has had troubles getting into a park Mickey turned blue and someone with an iPad came over and checked them in that way before we could enter the park.

If someone has to be checked in with an iPad, does this cause them to not show up as being in the park? Guess I'm just wondering how anyone would get in without Mickey turning green as every CM we've ever seen watches those tap machines like a hawk!
Technically, no, you shouldn't be able to enter without it turning green. But this was the post that made me write my warning post about verifying it turn green:
There were about a million people trying to get into the park at 7am and it was somewhat chaotic. Controlled chaos. So maybe the CM looked away at that exact second and didn’t notice he wasn’t green? I really don’t know. But I did check again with the hotel concierge when we returned that night and they said they didn’t have him registered as in the park until 4:17pm Monday (we left and went back later in the day).
So theoretically one could tap and go without seeing it turn green, if the CM is looking away for a split second. In @bethmomoftwins ' case, her son was never registered as being in the park, which is crazy.

MY PHONE GLITCHED!!!!!

We took y'all's advice and we walked, left here around 7:10. Everyone cooperated and played along. To add a little excitement, my phone charger broke last night with only 30% battery left so I had been keeping my phone powered completely off and would turn it on when we got to DHS. We were through tapstiles at 7:40. I turned my phone on at 7:50. Found a spot with great signal just to right of Crossroads that wasn't insanely crowded. Turned on the app at 7:55, everything looks good.

Then it just ... didn't work. As soon as my phone hit 8:00, I hit "find out more." Nothing. Button is still grey. No problem, I've seen this before in practice, I hit "My Status."nothing. Tried pressing the grey button just in case. Nothing. Pull down refreshed. Nothing. Backed all the way out to home and repeated the sequence. Force closed and restarted the app completely. it is still only 8:00 (no idea how many seconds) and now it's saying it's in back-up groups BUT THE JOIN BUTTON STILL WON'T ACTIVATE. Tried the cycle one more time then headed to GET but the line for GET is maybe 100 people long and I waited for 15 minutes the other day in a GET line of 3, so we used our RnRC FP and came back to BC.

I have a healthy amount of perspective on this, believe me, but I am so incredibly frustrated by the experience. I have practiced from home dozens of time and never had this happen. I've occasionally had it grey button on one screen, but moving forward or back a a screen always has corrected the problem. Restarting the app certainly should have. The other day when we were still in line for tapstiles I got farther than I did today, calmly waiting inside! And we're going home in the morning so that was our last and best effort, failed through no fault of our own.
Oh nooooooooooo!!! I'm so sorry. I can assure you that, with as many of us here practicing and experiencing the glitches and errors, ourselves, this was not your fault.
Hopefully it's another good day for the ride, I'm going later this evening for a couple of hours and I'll check what happens once all bg are boarded, if they just close the line or make some magical moments
Since @yulilin3 is going later today to scope out what exactly happens after all BGs board, maybe just keep an eye on this thread.... Would love to see a little pixie dust sprinkled your way.... pixiedust:

No expectations...just 🤞

Has the red message at the bottom replaced the pop up that says you’re getting a backup? Or are they completely different? Because I haven’t gotten that pop up in A long time, I did get the red message this am, and I haven’t heard about the pop up for a while (but might have just forgotten since this
moves so fast).

I got the pop up a few times as well as the red message. Hmm... probably not during the same tries though.

When they are not doing fingerprints (which is the case most mornings at DHS now as they are trying to speed up the entrance process) there's a risk that the CM is not paying attention, you tap and go without looking at the light.

If they get through all the BG's when you go over tonight, maybe you can help sneak @blistex and her family into the attraction! ;)
Oh nooooooooooo!!! I'm so sorry. I can assure you that, with as many of us here practicing and experiencing the glitches and errors, ourselves, this was not your fault.

Since @yulilin3 is going later today to scope out what exactly happens after all BGs board, maybe just keep an eye on this thread.... Would love to see a little pixie dust sprinkled your way.... pixiedust:

No expectations...just 🤞
Not sure what kind of powers you guys think I have :D But I will definitely report back if I see magical moments happening

trying not to stray too far off topic, this is the case with most updates, unfortunately the MDE updates generally come with problems. If a person is about to arrive on their WDW trip I would advice against updating if it's working fine. My app worked fine past the update and I just decided to do so last week just cause
This is a good point. I guess there is no way to see the history of updates and patches, to get an idea of what day of the week they release those. I tried to see that on the Google Play Store, but only saw the current version. On my phone, I can see the version + build number. I will just be sure to turn off the auto-update for the application on my Android phone, as the time nears for my trip.

Exactly what i did last week. Almost everyone goes to SDD on rope drop and we already had FP for 9:00.
Got on TSMM (2nd car), high score of the day, then off to RotR, back to SDD and AS2, all before 10am
Perfect! This is exactly the timeline I pictured. Our SDD Fastpass is for 8:50 AM so I suspect we could do all of TSL within the first hour or so of park open.

FYI, on the tapstyle colors, purple is also a valid entrance color for DVC members which I think also turns green before it goes dark. It was inconsistant on our last trip though (the purple at least).

I remember one time needing an ipad scanner at the entrance, which had no effect on being able to use Fastpasses, but sounds like it could make boarding groups iffy. My advice (as I'm sure has already been made) is proceed with everyone who shows up, then get to a GET umbrella to get it fixed.

FYI, on the tapstyle colors, purple is also a valid entrance color for DVC members which I think also turns green before it goes dark. It was inconsistant on our last trip though (the purple at least).

I remember one time needing an ipad scanner at the entrance, which had no effect on being able to use Fastpasses, but sounds like it could make boarding groups iffy. My advice (as I'm sure has already been made) is proceed with everyone who shows up, then get to a GET umbrella to get it fixed.
Agreed.

I'm DVC but the entrance colors don't work for me ever, but they do for my husband. Of course, my band actually did not scan at DHS the day we did ROTR; easily took 10 minutes for them to "fix" the issue with the iPad. I was not too happy as we lost our advantage into the park and got yelled at at least 5 times to "STAY RIGHT THERE." Which was hilarious because I wanted to be sure I was "in the park" because I knew this could cause an issue with Rise.

Luckily when 7AM rolled around it didn't cause an issue, it showed me in the park. We did, however, have an issue with our family 'group' in MDE. We just got separate BG #s and like you did, went to GET to get it fixed. It's not worth making sure your group is all together if separately everyone can get a BG.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter