READ POST 1 & 2 FIRST-Rise of the Resistance Boarding Group Planning and Information-*No Spoilers*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Question for those of you that saw that it was "sold out" before 8:01, would you have been able to back track to either the home page or the "Find Out More" page to try again? I see you did force close the app to try again, but that, clearly, would have been the difference between regular vs. backups. Even after I got the red error popup, I was able to hit back and try again.
I'm actually not sure, force closing and reopening the app has always worked for me when I get an error, so when I came back on and the red button was greyed out, I assumed all boarding groups were gone, and didn't try anything else. With one month of testing under my belt, I feel pretty experienced and this was the first time I've had a significant concerning error. I can usually get through 5-6 times before backups start, not today. One month until go time for us. We are a one day ticket family this trip, so hoping for the $500+ we are spending we are successful. We will have 4 phones in park and two people at home in Minnesota helping out in case of total failure. Hubby and I will have brand new Tmobile Galaxy S20 Ultras, DD11 will have an iPhone X on Wifi and DD9 will have a Galaxy S9+ on data. Both at home helpers have been successful in the park on previous trips, but that was before the crazy 1 minute distribution that has happened the last few weeks.

I also received the Not Admitting New Guests notice. I backed out to the Current Land status page, clicked join boarding group and got in before the backups started.

I've been practicing a few days now with two methods. One is to keep the land status page open and click the Join Boarding Group when it lights up. The other is to click the my status button before park opening and refresh the page 3 seconds after park opening then click the join boarding group tab. The refresh option is a bit riskier but if timed properly it takes one more step out of the equation.

I'm actually not sure, force closing and reopening the app has always worked for me when I get an error, so when I came back on and the red button was greyed out, I assumed all boarding groups were gone, and didn't try anything else. With one month of testing under my belt, I feel pretty experienced and this was the first time I've had a significant concerning error. I can usually get through 5-6 times before backups start, not today. One month until go time for us. We are a one day ticket family this trip, so hoping for the $500+ we are spending we are successful. We will have 4 phones in park and two people at home in Minnesota helping out in case of total failure. Hubby and I will have brand new Tmobile Galaxy S20 Ultras, DD11 will have an iPhone X on Wifi and DD9 will have a Galaxy S9+ on data. Both at home helpers have been successful in the park on previous trips, but that was before the crazy 1 minute distribution that has happened the last few weeks.
Good luck to you!! Since you have new phones that can take the latest version of the software, and you still have some time to practice, I would try just backing out and trying again, avoiding a total shut down and restart of the app. I toggled very quickly between the screens. Certainly, at go time, you'll want to go with the methodology that has worked for you. But now's the time to try a few different things so that we can try to overcome any random variables that happen while we're there.

(Btw, I'm a Jamie as well!!)

This is the first chance I got to practice at exactly 8:00 in quite a while. At 8:00 I was able to get through using my status, but when I backed out and went back in I got the red not admitting new guests message twice. I actually had to do my first force close of the app, and if was backups when I got back in and back through again.
I got that too. However you can close that message with the x and still continue the process.

I saw a new, weird thing happen. At 8:00:40-45, the app said no more more groups, buttons faded. THEN, the red button AND the my status “join” button both reactivated for backups. So, there seemed to be a 3-4 second beat between regular boarding groups and backups. Never seen that before.

Same thing happened to me. Only gray buttons upon opening the app and it said no more groups at 8:00:40. I did a hard restart when the Join button didn't turn red after 2 tries of back and forth.
After swiping the app closed and opening it again, I clicked the AT-AT and the button was red. Then I got the Backups notification and stopped there.

I'm a wreck.:sad:

The smaller red box seems to have replaced the large notice that covered the screen that was popping up before today.

I saw all groups gone by 45 seconds after 8 today. Didn't even see the backup group wait show up.
This is not accurate. I was still getting backup BGs after 8:03+ today.

i confirmed this morning what I saw yesterday. I can’t get backup groups. Today my buttons became unclickable at 8:00:40. But the Backup Groups text was visible under estimated wait time. So I could see they were available but could not get a red or blue button to get them. I was able to get clickable buttons when the regular BGs were available.

I’m running an older version of MDE. I’m assuming that’s the reason and I need to update. Anyone else who loses the buttons at the time when everyone else is saying backups are available should probably check their MDE rev.

i confirmed this morning what I saw yesterday. I can’t get backup groups. Today my buttons became unclickable at 8:00:40. But the Backup Groups text was visible under estimated wait time. So I could see they were available but could not get a red or blue button to get them. I was able to get clickable buttons when the regular BGs were available.

I’m running an older version of MDE. I’m assuming that’s the reason and I need to update. Anyone else who loses the buttons at the time when everyone else is saying backups are available should probably check their MDE rev.
yeah you might need to update, I caved and updated last week

Sort of strange app activity for me this AM. Regulars went away in about 40 seconds, then there was a good nearly 45-60 second pause where nothing was available.... some more toggles and it eventually came on for backups, which lasted until 8:03 and 30'ish seconds.

My Status and create your party clicks had longer spinning circles of death than prior mornings.

As always, YMMV.

yea same for me. I had several attempts that failed to connect and had to try several times.
there were messages about not being able to connect and others about distribution being done, but on the next attempt it went through.
glitchy day..

Sort of strange app activity for me this AM. Regulars went away in about 40 seconds, then there was a good nearly 45-60 second pause where nothing was available.... some more toggles and it eventually came on for backups, which lasted until 8:03 and 30'ish seconds.

My Status and create your party clicks had longer spinning circles of death than prior mornings.

As always, YMMV.
Thanks for posting this. I thought I was having app issues for the first time. I did try a tad after 8am this morning from home and had issues.

yeah you might need to update, I caved and updated last week

@yulilin3 what has your experience been with the update. I am terrified to update but we also don't go until March 30 so I am worried that is too long to hold off and could effect me by having an older version to long.

Do you happen to know which version you are running? I'm still on 5.7 and debating whether I should upgrade before we head down to FL this weekend. I had been holding off given the reported issues in this thread, but wondering whether it is "safe" now.

If a company puts out an app update, you should update. Sure, there are bugs sometimes but 99% of the time you’ll have less problems than stretching out an old version. Go anywhere for tech support first thing they’ll ask is if you have everything updated.

Do you happen to know which version you are running? I'm still on 5.7 and debating whether I should upgrade before we head down to FL this weekend. I had been holding off given the reported issues in this thread, but wondering whether it is "safe" now.
I cannot speak from personal experience, but the update issues seem to have affected iPhones only, with update from 5.7 to 5.8. However, there was also a patch update for 5.8.1 that seemed to fix many of those issues, from reports here.

@yulilin3 what has your experience been with the update. I am terrified to update but we also don't go until March 30 so I am worried that is too long to hold off and could effect me by having an older version to long.
I have an android so I think most of the update problems came for iPhones. So far so good, no issues whatsoever

Same thing happened to me. Only gray buttons upon opening the app and it said no more groups at 8:00:40. I did a hard restart when the Join button didn't turn red after 2 tries of back and forth.
After swiping the app closed and opening it again, I clicked the AT-AT and the button was red. Then I got the Backups notification and stopped there.

I'm a wreck.:sad:

What number did you get?. If it is under the first 20 (or even a little more) I think you still have a pretty good chance to ride.

Or by "stopped" you mean you just didn't want to get a backup?

Practice session at home was rough. Couldn’t even get the sign in to work at 7.55. Eventually got it to sign in by going on home WiFi. Then, had multiple red pop ups saying not admitting new guests, to refresh and then get a group. All of party also didn’t show up in my app til 8:01.

I think the frustrating part is the inconsistency, as I’ve practiced multiple times at home to prep for my trip next week. I feel like it’s all a crapshoot at this week and will depend solely on how well the app is working for me the morning we go.
Same for me. First time I have gotten that red pop up message. Yesterday and today I have had app trouble from home. iPhone X, running latest app version.

I have the most up to date version and had the issue today. I think all in all, it was a glitchy day. Sucks for everyone in park, but for us at home, we at least have another day to try again.

Also, had I been in the park, I would have gotten a bg right away, it was just an issue I had after force closing to see if I could get better data points. Not sure that helped today! Lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter