READ POST 1 & 2 FIRST-Rise of the Resistance Boarding Group Planning and Information-*No Spoilers*

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have seen people talking about having everyone in your party try to get boarding passes for ROTR at the same time. If you do this, is everyone logged into the “main” person’s account, or logged in as themselves? My account is the main one, my husband can “manage plans,” but my daughter doesn’t have that option. She’s about to turn 13 though, so I trust her to try too. Would there be any sort of problem if she was logged into my account too and we were both trying to get boarding passes?
Everyone trying can log into tone account- so log her into yours on her phone. Your husband can do either.

I posted yesterday that I can get thru in about 5-6 seconds consistently with my 10xsmax...with fast wi-fi or a good ATT signal..2 or more bars.
MDE is a graphics heavy app and newer phone chip sets will load them faster, older phones take longer to render the graphics. My 5s takes forever and crashes all the time with the same connection.
Also difference between the 5s A7 vs the XS A12 cpu
But in addition to the typical storage RAM, the 5S only has 1GB of internal RAM vs 4GB for the XS. Lots of photos don’t run well with lesser internal RAM.

Ive said this all along, it breaks down almost every morning and seems to do better later in the day. Very strange
I would say if it breaks more later in the day than earlier then there is a memory leak in the software somewhere but since its early in the day then gets better as the day goes on its almost like a cache needs to warm up with requests otherwise data requests take too long and stuff times out and "breaks" which causes hardware failures. But as the day goes on those databases are used more and therefore requests return faster causing things to perform as they should. If CMs were riding it after hours over and over with no problems that would also show as evidence that it doesn't sound like a software memory leak causing things to break but is a "warm up" of sorts that by the afternoon its all stable hence would still be stable during the night. Do they shut rides down at night or leave them in a sort of "sleep" state so they can power up faster in the mornings?

I would say if it breaks more later in the day than earlier then there is a memory leak in the software somewhere but since its early in the day then gets better as the day goes on its almost like a cache needs to warm up with requests otherwise data requests take too long and stuff times out and "breaks" which causes hardware failures. But as the day goes on those databases are used more and therefore requests return faster causing things to perform as they should. If CMs were riding it after hours over and over with no problems that would also show as evidence that it doesn't sound like a software memory leak causing things to break but is a "warm up" of sorts that by the afternoon its all stable hence would still be stable during the night. Do they shut rides down at night or leave them in a sort of "sleep" state so they can power up faster in the mornings?
they power it up 3 hours before park opening every morning

A very personal post and I know that most people here on the Dis are not these type of guests but my DD just got yelled at (she works at MFSR) because a lady got offered a fp for the RotR and she wanted to use it on both MFSR and RotR. When my DD told her she had to pick one she started screaming at her.....don't be this person, better yet, be the person that if you see this happening stand up for the CM.
What in the....what??? Unbelievably uncalled for. Your poor DD. I'm sure that's not the first time or the last time she's come across a rude guest. But still - there's nothing good that comes from that. Sheesh.

Do any of you guys have experience transfering from a Disney Springs Hotel using Uber or Lyft to make it before opening?. Trying to figure out how long it would take me.

A very personal post and I know that most people here on the Dis are not these type of guests but my DD just got yelled at (she works at MFSR) because a lady got offered a fp for the RotR and she wanted to use it on both MFSR and RotR. When my DD told her she had to pick one she started screaming at her.....don't be this person, better yet, be the person that if you see this happening stand up for the CM.

I guess this one is some idiot that knew exactly how it works but wanted to make her way by yelling :mad:. Send hugs to your DD!

You must have really fast fingers and/or extremely strong connections. When I do tests pushing “Find Out More” precisely at 8:00:00, then push “My Status”, then “Join a Boarding Group” and then enter my boarding party (2 additional people), I don‘t get to the “Not So Fast” screen until about 8:00:15. That 15 seconds includes reaction time to push buttons and brief time waiting for each successive screen to load.

Its hard for me to imagine that getting through that whole process in 5 seconds.
When I'm practicing, I push "Find Out More" and on the next screen, after 8:00:00, the "Join a Boarding Group" button is blue and selectable. Please correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think you have to push "My Status" if you can get the Blue button right away. My practice runs have been to have the app open a few minutes before 8:00, then I watch the seconds tick by on my Apple watch (which displays the exact same time as my phone) and as soon as it hits 8:00:00, then I can hit "Find Out More"/click on the AT-AT, and I can try for the Boarding Group. I think you have had one extra step that you *might* be able to avoid. Now, if the Blue button is not selectable (i.e. faded out) then you can try the "My Status"-"Join Boarding Group" strategy.

Today was our day to see if we could ride RotR. To add to the pressure, 2 of our party were leaving the park by 1pm to go to the truck race in Daytona. Also, it’s a Friday (notorious unreliability), oh and a long weekend, with big crowds.

We left Old Key West about 7am in our rental, got to the park, through security and onto Sunset Blvd by about 7:40. We had 4 phones trying, 2 IPhone 8’s on wi-fi, an iPhone 8 on AT&T, and my Samsung S9 on AT&T.

I had been practicing since the park hours switched to 8 (6am at home). I got through quite quickly, selected the 3 additional people, and snagged BG16! What a relief. 2nd phone on cell got to selecting people, but only a couple were on the list. Wi-fi never got to hit the boarding group button.

Our group was called just before 9am, with a 2 hour return window. We rode our 9:05 fastpass, and got in line for RotR about 9:40. The line moved constantly, but we didn’t get off the ride until about 10:40. I was surprised it was that long.

As a bonus, it rained while we were in line and inside, so we missed getting wet.

Very immersive ride. Now we’ll see if we can ride again next week.

I posted yesterday that I can get thru in about 5-6 seconds consistently with my 10xsmax...with fast wi-fi or a good ATT signal..2 or more bars.
MDE is a graphics heavy app and newer phone chip sets will load them faster, older phones take longer to render the graphics. My 5s takes forever and crashes all the time with the same connection.

This. my husband has an iphone 11 - I snagged it earlier today, loaded the MDE app and it worked just fine. No issues, no freezing, no reboot. It just loaded and went right to join boarding group after I clicked on find out more.

My older phone is the one that freezes up. Another thing that I noticed (and this may just be my old phone) is that when I opened the app on my husband's phone, the fireworks show up upon opening. Mine used to do that, but I no longer see those fireworks. No big deal about that specific graphic, but I wonder what else is going on technology wise that the older phones are lacking (slower speed / access to boarding groups etc) versus the newer phones?

Ive said this all along, it breaks down almost every morning and seems to do better later in the day. Very strange
We have gotten BG 59 one time and BG 49 another time. Both bgs were called in the afternoon between 1:30 and 3:30pm and both times were problem free. We were done in about 45 minutes both times.

We will be there the first week of March and I am almost hoping that we get a bg number between 40 and 50. Then we can leave the park and do something else. Waiting around for the bg to be called is stressful. But the competitor in me stills wants to try for the low number. ;)

Do any of you guys have experience transfering from a Disney Springs Hotel using Uber or Lyft to make it before opening?. Trying to figure out how long it would take me.
Yes. The main battle is actually getting the Lyft at a time when it’s already rush hour in Orlando. The drive is not long, but waiting for the car might be, so give yourself a lot of cushion. For an 8 am opening, I would be looking for a car at 6:50.

Yes. The main battle is actually getting the Lyft at a time when it’s already rush hour in Orlando. The drive is not long, but waiting for the car might be, so give yourself a lot of cushion. For an 8 am opening, I would be looking for a car at 6:50.
You also have the ability to schedule a Lyft, so you can schedule the ride before you go to bed, get up, get ready and meet the Lyft driver outside your hotel. Just note that some people have reported drivers arriving 10-15 minutes early when scheduled. You don't have to be ready, but you may feel rushed.

When I'm practicing, I push "Find Out More" and on the next screen, after 8:00:00, the "Join a Boarding Group" button is blue and selectable. Please correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think you have to push "My Status" if you can get the Blue button right away. My practice runs have been to have the app open a few minutes before 8:00, then I watch the seconds tick by on my Apple watch (which displays the exact same time as my phone) and as soon as it hits 8:00:00, then I can hit "Find Out More"/click on the AT-AT, and I can try for the Boarding Group. I think you have had one extra step that you *might* be able to avoid. Now, if the Blue button is not selectable (i.e. faded out) then you can try the "My Status"-"Join Boarding Group" strategy.

Yours must be different than mine.

When I hit “Find Out More”, the next screen has two buttons. One says “My Status”, and the other says “Join Boarding Group” and turns red when it is active. If it isn’t red, which it usually isn’t right away, I hit “My Status” and that takes me to the screen that has the “Join A Boarding Group” button that does not turn red when active, but is blue on white.

Does the update to the app that everyone is complaining about have different screens? I have avoided that update.

Here are the three screens I’m talking about. In the morning the button on screen 2 turns red when active, and the button on screen 3 (which I get when I hit My Status) is not faded out when active. Is there a way to get to screen 3 without going through screen 2?

Attachments

• C780EE65-0905-4CB0-AD6C-023B85FE6B84.jpeg
    C780EE65-0905-4CB0-AD6C-023B85FE6B84.jpeg
    45.7 KB · Views: 66
  • B98BD8B8-890F-479F-B674-BFE83FAE4C20.jpeg
    B98BD8B8-890F-479F-B674-BFE83FAE4C20.jpeg
    41.8 KB · Views: 66
  • 927DB9C4-6BB8-42C8-9537-3E8AC022B48D.jpeg
    927DB9C4-6BB8-42C8-9537-3E8AC022B48D.jpeg
    20.2 KB · Views: 63
You also have the ability to schedule a Lyft, so you can schedule the ride before you go to bed, get up, get ready and meet the Lyft driver outside your hotel. Just note that some people have reported drivers arriving 10-15 minutes early when scheduled. You don't have to be ready, but you may feel rushed.

Thank you!. I'm planning to ask for Uber or Lyft at 6:45 so I think I'm good then :).

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter