READ POST 1 & 2 FIRST-Rise of the Resistance Boarding Group Planning and Information-*No Spoilers*

Status
Not open for further replies.
So initially we got a call back time of two hours and had a dinner reservation so went there first, mid way through they changed it to one hour ugh! Do you think with a screenshot we can still get on?

So initially we got a call back time of two hours and had a dinner reservation so went there first, mid way through they changed it to one hour ugh! Do you think with a screenshot we can still get on?
Oh, my- that is the first I've heard of THAT happening!

As long as your back within 2 hours you're fine

Clarification, please. As I read your post, it seems to make perfect sense. You had a return window of 2 hours. You went to your ADR. About Midway through, it switched to 1 hour. So, halfway in your 2-hour window, it switched over from 2 hours to 1 hour. But you would still only have 1 hour left. If you got called at 3, with a 2 hour window, by 4 (Midway through), your 2 hour window would only have 1 hour left. So, I'm sure the app would say that you have 1 hour to return. Am I missing something?

Clarification, please. As I read your post, it seems to make perfect sense. You had a return window of 2 hours. You went to your ADR. About Midway through, it switched to 1 hour. So, halfway in your 2-hour window, it switched over from 2 hours to 1 hour. But you would still only have 1 hour left. If you got called at 3, with a 2 hour window, by 4 (Midway through), your 2 hour window would only have 1 hour left. So, I'm sure the app would say that you have 1 hour to return. Am I missing something?

It gives a return time on the app. Say you get called at 12:02 with a two hour window-it’ll tell you to return by 2:02. I’m assuming the pp’s return time changed from what it originally said to an hour earlier.

I could imagine some people have no idea what the ride vehicle looks like. Unless there’s one you see heading into the ride? I’ve seen pictures of it, so know what it’s like, but I haven’t shown anything to my group, although we’re only 3 total, so not an issue. Therefore, people probably aren’t aware they can only fit 4 in a row and only 2 rows, right? However, should be no different than any other ride, as most slow dark rides only fit 3-4 in a ride vehicle and other rides is only 2-3 people together. But also, CMs at the other rides are usually directing people to their seat or how to pair up, etc and this happens when the previous ride is still going, so maybe RotR CMs can improve on this aspect as well.

You make some good points and I understand how the "chaos" I saw happened - and I suspect it is rare. The CMs are great, but RotR is kind of a different experience. Not much more I can say without spoiling. Guests just need to follow instructions and if they feel he need to rearrange themselves, do it without dithering around about it. They will still be in the same vehicle.

Anyone had issues with boarding group selection on MDE on iphone and then have it start working correctly? I have an iphone 7; will Disney IT fix this anytime soon????

You have to be scanned into the park to join a boarding group. Do you have to be in the park? Can you scan in then head away from the park to get less congested data or does the app check if you are physically located in the park?

You have to be scanned into the park to join a boarding group. Do you have to be in the park? Can you scan in then head away from the park to get less congested data or does the app check if you are physically located in the park?

You can do that. As long as you’ve tapped in you’re good.

Has anyone actually tapped in and then left the park and gotten a BG? It makes perfect sense, once you tap in they have no way of knowing if you’re still in the park but I’d love to hear from someone who has actually done this. I’ll be at WDW on the 17th so I might get up and try this on the next morning which is not our DHS day. DS and I want to try more than one day but the rest of the fam only wants to try once, not as die hard as us.

Has anyone actually tapped in and then left the park and gotten a BG? It makes perfect sense, once you tap in they have no way of knowing if you’re still in the park but I’d love to hear from someone who has actually done this. I’ll be at WDW on the 17th so I might get up and try this on the next morning which is not our DHS day. DS and I want to try more than one day but the rest of the fam only wants to try once, not as die hard as us.

There have been multiple reports in this thread of people doing that - taping in and then leaving DHS and then we're able to secure BGs

I am not aware of someone doing that and then tapping into another park and then securing a BG after being in that 2nd park though (not saying you can't just don't recall any reports of doing that)

There have been several reports in this thread and the previous one of people doing this successfully

Usually it’s anywhere from walk on to 30mn before reaching the (spoiler edit)When it breaks down and at the end of the night are exceptions.

I came across an article today that basically made it sound like the a.m. hours would be an hour wait and p.m. would be more like two. Glad to hear it's 0-30 minutes most of the day.

I came across an article today that basically made it sound like the a.m. hours would be an hour wait and p.m. would be more like two. Glad to hear it's 0-30 minutes most of the day.

The entire thing, from tap in to leaving, is easily an hour if you have any waiting at all. And I'm not sure why someone edited my post- two pages of people saying what I said, but I won't say it again. :) I guess we say experience now? walk on to 30mn before the experience begins. It's very rarely 0 minutes but I have of people walking right on at various points in the day. I would expect to wait about 30mn but be prepared for longer (much longer if it breaks down) and pleasantly surprised if it's less.

Been doing a little housekeeping on Post 1 & 2, including an updated version of The Chart. It's mostly the same, just reformatted a bit. Holler if you see anything that looks off.

Today was a decent day relatively speaking, at least compared to this past week - 117 BGs called - 61 Regular and 56 Backups. 9.8 average BG per hour, which is #3 best out of the past 7 days.

Huge thanks to @CastAStone for his recent stewardship of The Chart, thank you!

Been doing a little housekeeping on Post 1 & 2, including an updated version of The Chart. It's mostly the same, just reformatted a bit. Holler if you see anything that looks off.

Today was a decent day relatively speaking, at least compared to this past week - 117 BGs called - 61 Regular and 56 Backups. 9.8 average BG per hour, which is #3 best out of the past 7 days.

Huge thanks to @CastAStone for his recent stewardship of The Chart, thank you!
I think it makes it a ton easier to read! Good work!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter