READ POST 1 & 2 FIRST-Rise of the Resistance Boarding Group Planning and Information-*No Spoilers*

Status
Not open for further replies.
:offtopic: SORRY I apologize in advance, But had to tell you all. I added "z's" to the beginning of my grandson's names on MDE, so my DD25 and DS8 are at the top to pick for boarding group practice.
Well, called DSS today to make FP changes, and the poor gal tried to pronounce their names. :oops:

<Back to regularly scheduled BG talk>....

:offtopic: SORRY I apologize in advance, But had to tell you all. I added "z's" to the beginning of my grandson's names on MDE, so my DD25 and DS8 are at the top to pick for boarding group practice.
Well, called DSS today to make FP changes, and the poor gal tried to pronounce their names. :oops:

Lol! That's a really smart solution though.

Advisory on the HUB regarding MMRR and RotR fps

DHS - Mickey & Minnie’s Runaway Railway to Open March 4 with FastPass+ Service

With the March 4 opening of Mickey & Minnie’s Runaway Railway at Disney’s Hollywood Studios less than 30 days away, we have some great news to share on how Guests can experience this new attraction.

As soon as Mickey & Minnie’s Runaway Railway opens, Guests will have the opportunity to embark on a whirlwind adventure using either FastPass+ service or a standby line. FastPass+ service for this new attraction is now available in My Disney Experience app for Guests planning visits on or after March 4.

When making FastPass+ plans for up to three experiences at Disney’s Hollywood Studios, Guests can check availability for Millennium Falcon: Smugglers Run, Slinky Dog Dash or Mickey & Minnie’s Runaway Railway. Then, they can check availability for additional experiences including Toy Story Mania, Alien Swirling Saucers, Rock ‘n’ Roller Coaster Starring Aerosmith, The Twilight Zone Tower of Terror, Fantasmic! or others. Availability of FastPass+ selections and the arrival windows are limited.

Virtual queue will continue to be used at Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance. We may include FastPass+ service for this popular attraction sometime in the future and will share more information if we decide to make any adjustments.

Frequently Asked Questions

What if I’ve already made my FastPass+ plans for Disney’s Hollywood Studios for March 4 and beyond?

If you already reserved FastPass+ experiences for March 4 and beyond, you can modify selections in My Disney Experience; however, as always, the number of selections you can make and availability of experiences is limited.

When will you add Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance to FastPass+ service?
Virtual queue will continue to be used at Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance. We may include FastPass+ service for this popular attraction sometime in the future and will share more information if we decide to make any adjustments.

Advisory on the HUB regarding MMRR and RotR fps

DHS - Mickey & Minnie’s Runaway Railway to Open March 4 with FastPass+ Service
With the March 4 opening of Mickey & Minnie’s Runaway Railway at Disney’s Hollywood Studios less than 30 days away, we have some great news to share on how Guests can experience this new attraction.

As soon as Mickey & Minnie’s Runaway Railway opens, Guests will have the opportunity to embark on a whirlwind adventure using either FastPass+ service or a standby line. FastPass+ service for this new attraction is now available in My Disney Experience app for Guests planning visits on or after March 4.

When making FastPass+ plans for up to three experiences at Disney’s Hollywood Studios, Guests can check availability for Millennium Falcon: Smugglers Run, Slinky Dog Dash or Mickey & Minnie’s Runaway Railway. Then, they can check availability for additional experiences including Toy Story Mania, Alien Swirling Saucers, Rock ‘n’ Roller Coaster Starring Aerosmith, The Twilight Zone Tower of Terror, Fantasmic! or others. Availability of FastPass+ selections and the arrival windows are limited.

Frequently Asked Questions

What if I’ve already made my FastPass+ plans for Disney’s Hollywood Studios for March 4 and beyond?

If you already reserved FastPass+ experiences for March 4 and beyond, you can modify selections in My Disney Experience; however, as always, the number of selections you can make and availability of experiences is limited.

So, what Disney is saying is that for RotR, there *may* or may *not* be FPs, at some *indeterminate* point in the future.

https://tenor.com/y58I.gif

Disney: Stop toying with us! o_O:oops:

@yulilin3, that's similar (or the same?) to what they had said regarding RotR when MFSR came onto the FP system, right? Or am I confusing it with what they said about MMRR?

Everyone within their booking window, just keep watch. All we can do.

@yulilin3, that's similar (or the same?) to what they had said regarding RotR when MFSR came onto the FP system, right? Or am I confusing it with what they said about MMRR?

Everyone within their booking window, just keep watch. All we can do.
exactly. This is not new and we all know this. They can add fp at anytime. I stand by my opinion that they won't until the attraction is performing somewhat more stable. I don't see them adding fp until after the busy Summer season.
But yes, definitely keep an eye out

You can also remove anyone from your Friends and Family list that is not traveling with you on this trip - do this today. You can always re-add them after your vacation. Then you can just hit "Select all" when it's time to secure a boarding group. And then like you said, screenshot it if anyone that *is* traveling with you isn't showing uph
Thanks for the suggestion. I just removed all of the extra people. Now, provided all of the people with me show up in the list, I can use the select all button. I currently have no plans with any of them and can add them back later. Of course, our flight was just delayed for weather so hoping to make it to Orlando this evening.

Just watch Molly with AllEars.net. She had an issue getting a boarding group, so she took a screenshot to prove she was trying right at opening time. A Cast Member ended up giving her BG 40. I thought that was a good tip to follow in case something happens.
This happened to someone and they reported this morning the GET was able to get them bg 50

Just watch Molly with AllEars.net. She had an issue getting a boarding group, so she took a screenshot to prove she was trying right at opening time. A Cast Member ended up giving her BG 40. I thought that was a good tip to follow in case something happens.
I did exactly this today, but I cannot take credit for the idea as I read it on this thread a few days ago :)

Now you just have to explain the Z is silent. haha

Those of you who deleted the app and re-downloaded it to try and fix issues, did it take a while for your FP/ADRs to show up again? They’re on the website so I’m not worried they’re deleted, but all that shows up in my plans is our resort now.
Mine showed back up when I first opened it. But you should be fine, deleting the app has nothing to do with the actual content.
[/QUOTE]

Mine were gone for the first few restarts after downloading 5.8. Then they appeared again. I was worried I’d have to manually add them all (I was prompted to link reservations!).

Our experience this morning consisted of arriving in the parking lot by 7:10am, through security (no bags) in about 5 minutes. Waited for about 10-12 minutes to scan into the park then headed straight to TSL entrance. There were 2 of us using both Samsung Galaxy S8. Both had app open on our phone at the "find out more" screen by 7:58. One of us just kept going back and forth while I only hit find out more exactly at 8am. Got boarding group 8 and the group was called at 8:09am. By then SDD was already at 65 minutes and we didn't want to risk ROTR so we left the line, walked on to AS2 then quick bathroom break before hitting Rise.
I figured we entered the queue around 8:25am. 2 breakdowns accompanied by a character and photo op along with water and snacks for each breakdown. It was great to meet Rey and Chewey and we had a fantastic couple of CMs entertain us while we absolutely froze waiting right before the boarding rooms. One even offered to take me outside for a bit to warm up, lol. Finally got to ride and we came off around 11:05am. Totally worth it!!!, IMO. We would not wait that long again though, our feet and backs were killing us after the fact.

Last edited by a moderator:
Our experience this morning consisted of arriving in the parking lot by 7:10am, through security (no bags) in about 5 minutes. Waited for about 10-12 minutes to scan into the park then headed straight to TSL entrance. There were 2 of us using both Samsung Galaxy S8. Both had app open on our phone at the "find out more" screen by 7:58. One of us just kept going back and forth while I only hit find out more exactly at 8am. Got boarding group 8 and the group was called at 8:09am. By then SDD was already at 65 minutes and we didn't want to risk ROTR so we left the line, walked on to AS2 then quick bathroom break before hitting Rise.
I figured we entered the queue around 8:25am. 2 breakdowns accompanied by a character and photo op along with water and snacks for each breakdown. It was great to meet Rey and Chewey and we had a fantastic couple of CMs entertain us while we absolutely froze waiting right before the boarding rooms. One even offered to take me outside for a bit to warm up, lol. Finally got to ride and we came off around 11:05am. Totally worth it!!!, IMO. We would not wait that long again though, our feet and backs were killing us after the fact.
Allen Swirling Saucer is AS2 or else it'll go asterisk :) i edited the post for you

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter