READ POST 1 & 2 FIRST-Rise of the Resistance Boarding Group Planning and Information-*No Spoilers*

Status
Not open for further replies.
What time do you go by to get a BG right at the opening time? How do you know what time Disney goes by?
Seems to match up quite well with the time on my cell phone, which is on the AT&T network. I use the clock app on my phone, set it to include seconds in the display, and start the app about 5 seconds before opening. I've gotten low number BG's on both days. (I have not installed the app update from a couple of days ago.)

Looking for advice. We will be at HS tomorrow morning trying to get a ROTR boarding pass. I practiced yesterday late (8:20 AM) and all went well - but it was already into backup groups when I started trying. I was just trying to get familiar with the screens. Today I tried exactly at 8 AM. As soon as my phone clicked to 8 AM I opened the app for the first time. Tapped the red button, but my kids were all missing from the list. My DH was there and several other family members who will not be on this trip, but none of my kids. I sort of panicked and froze and wasted 15-20 seconds trying to decide what to do. Finally closed the app and re-opened. It was on backup boarding groups by the time I did this. My kids then appeared in the list.

Should I just be hope for the best and be quicker tomorrow. Immediately close and re-open app if anyone is missing. OR should I screenshot if it happens and just secure a boarding pass for the people who show in the list. Any other suggestions?

Seems to match up quite well with the time on my cell phone, which is on the AT&T network. I use the clock app on my phone, set it to include seconds in the display, and start the app about 5 seconds before opening. I've gotten low number BG's on both days. (I have not installed the app update from a couple of days ago.)
I use the Emerald Time app. It's very accurate. I've been practicing at home. I've had really good success so far.
I watch the clock app until it hits 7:59:55, then I switch over to the MDE app, which I already have running. I count as I go, and hit the "Find Out More" button right at 8. The button turns red a second or two later.

Seems like time to fill BG is getting shorter!!! 1 minute?! That’s crazy. Starting to prepare myself that we may not get in in April..
Especially because no way we can get my son there 1 hour early to just wait outside gates to get in. I don’t get how people with children do this..
Maybe we’ll get there about 30 min early (is that about when they’re opening gates?)
Right now it’s a 9am open with 8am EMH but I’m sure that will change to 8am regular hours..
Will keep following this thread for sure! Thanks for the info!

Looking for advice. We will be at HS tomorrow morning trying to get a ROTR boarding pass. I practiced yesterday late (8:20 AM) and all went well - but it was already into backup groups when I started trying. I was just trying to get familiar with the screens. Today I tried exactly at 8 AM. As soon as my phone clicked to 8 AM I opened the app for the first time. Tapped the red button, but my kids were all missing from the list. My DH was there and several other family members who will not be on this trip, but none of my kids. I sort of panicked and froze and wasted 15-20 seconds trying to decide what to do. Finally closed the app and re-opened. It was on backup boarding groups by the time I did this. My kids then appeared in the list.

Should I just be hope for the best and be quicker tomorrow. Immediately close and re-open app if anyone is missing. OR should I screenshot if it happens and just secure a boarding pass for the people who show in the list. Any other suggestions?
not sure if you have been reading from a few pagees back. There was a recent update to the app that seems to have messed it up. People have reported deleting the app and downloading it again and that seems to have fixed the glitch.
Now if you encounter any problems tomorrow go straight to a GET CM and explain and they should be able to help you

Seems like time to fill BG is getting shorter!!! 1 minute?! That’s crazy. Starting to prepare myself that we may not get in in April..
Especially because no way we can get my son there 1 hour early to just wait outside gates to get in. I don’t get how people with children do this..
Maybe we’ll get there about 30 min early (is that about when they’re opening gates?)
Right now it’s a 9am open with 8am EMH but I’m sure that will change to 8am regular hours..
Will keep following this thread for sure! Thanks for the info!
It's been 1 minute for weeks now. It's not that it's filling up in a minute it's that the time is now fized. At 1 min it will automatically go into backup bg. Regardless they have been getting through with everyone almost daily, only about 5 bad days of experiences so far
You only need to get to the park with enough time to go through bag check and tapstiles, so I say, 30 min before is fine

At home, I turned off WiFi and launched the app at exactly 8:00. I counted seconds while waiting for it to load... it took 45 seconds to get a red button and at that point they were already onto back up groups.

The app used to load in 12 seconds every time - before the update. It loaded within about 20-30 seconds but then no red button. I’m guessing it just wasn’t fully loaded since the my status button wasn’t clickable either. I went back to the home page and then to find out more a few times. Tried refreshing the page... It took 45 seconds to get the red button! Way too long.

I have an iPhone 7 with Disney’s new update. Ugh!
From home, having problems with the update as well. Yesterday and today, I open the app at 7:59. At 8:00:00, I hit find out more, yesterday button was red, today it was not. I hit my status and I could hit join boarding group from there. I will probably do that in three weeks when we go.

FWIW I have noticed that update 5.8 hates low power mode. Someone else mentioned that, too. I have trouble with crashing and freezing when my phone is in low power mode (and it'll stay in low power mode long after you've recharged up above 50% unless you manually put it back into regular mode). Also, despite app problems, I, too have noticed that if I open the app to the home screen but DON'T hit "Find Out More" until at 8:00 sharp, I'm good. I can see the red button there, and, if I click on "My Status" I get the "Join a Boarding Group" option there, too. Practicing from home, I cycled through to the "Is Everyone in the Park" step 3 times before 8:00:30 this morning using this method....maybe it'll help to avoid trying to launch app at 7:55--8:00...? Do it earlier.

It's been 1 minute for weeks now. It's not that it's filling up in a minute it's that the time is now fized. At 1 min it will automatically go into backup bg. Regardless they have been getting through with everyone almost daily, only about 5 bad days of experiences so far
You only need to get to the park with enough time to go through bag check and tapstiles, so I say, 30 min before is fine
But the last couple of days, people have been reporting backup BG's as early as 8:00:40. I would write it off as an error, but least 2 people have specifically reported 8:00:40.

not sure if you have been reading from a few pagees back. There was a recent update to the app that seems to have messed it up. People have reported deleting the app and downloading it again and that seems to have fixed the glitch.
Now if you encounter any problems tomorrow go straight to a GET CM and explain and they should be able to help you
Yes, I have been reading and I saw that a few others have had missing people. And I did update the app a few days ago before reading about problems. I will try to delete and re-install. Fingers crossed for tomorrow. Thanks!

I was pretty confident we’d be okay until this app update. We’ve still got about a month but I’ve been having major app issues (sometimes even getting it open) since the update and this morning was the first time nobody in my party except me showed up.

Gotta love Disney IT.

But the last couple of days, people have been reporting backup BG's as early as 8:00:40. I would write it off as an error, but least 2 people have specifically reported 8:00:40.
Maybe the bg opened 20 seconds earlier? the new procedure is for them to be live for 1 min before it switches to backups

Maybe the bg opened 20 seconds earlier? the new procedure is for them to be live for 1 min before it switches to backups

Is this now confirmed or still speculation based on all the 1 minute switch overs? There were a good number of people reporting them running out 30 seconds or so in on Tuesday.

Anyone notice it opening early? Should we be watching for that now?

Is this now confirmed or still speculation based on all the 1 minute switch overs? There were a good number of people reporting them running out 30 seconds or so in on Tuesday.

Anyone notice it opening early? Should we be watching for that now?
I;ve been told that it's a minute
Again, getting a low number backup bg is not the end of the world and you will still ride.

You can also remove anyone from your Friends and Family list that is not traveling with you on this trip - do this today. You can always re-add them after your vacation. Then you can just hit "Select all" when it's time to secure a boarding group. And then like you said, screenshot it if anyone that *is* traveling with you isn't showing up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter