• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

READ POST 1 & 2 FIRST-Rise of the Resistance Boarding Group Planning and Information-*No Spoilers*

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a *really* important question, and I apologize because I think it has been discussed before...

Where have you been getting your coffee? Is everyone just heading to the Trolley Cart/Starbucks? Not sure I can successfully join a BG without proper caffeination! :rotfl2:

Resort food court opens at 6am. I guess If they keep the 8am opening, I can just go there. But, I think there’s a fairly good chance!it may get moved up to 7am during Pres Day weekend.

We went to Anaheim Produce on Sunset, just around the corner from Starbucks. No fancy coffees though. We sat nearby and got BG 19 and 23 right at 7 using ATT cellular. Good luck.

I was in group 93. They didn’t call any past 94.
Not sure how many in the later groups actually got to ride as it was down.

we got a FP for tomorrow and a 1 day ticket for future.
The FP works well for us. We had planned for a late morning Disney Studios with a Slinky FP. Rest and pack up in the afternoon. Then Magic Kingdom for evening and the after hours event from 8-11

The Chart

Bad day today! I have a suggestion for dealing with it:

giphy.webp

(By that I mean watch Rogue One, its great)

Hi All - My DH and I attended D23 this year and were seriously disappointed with the system Disney used to get the equivalent of fast passes for the presentations... And, we will be at DHS starting on Sunday. Although we have smart phones, we were wondering if anyone has tried to get into a boarding group without a "smart phone?" How does that work? Is there any chance at all to get into a main BG not the backup group? Just wondering... Thanks in advance for any thoughts... Best to all!

Hi All - My DH and I attended D23 this year and were seriously disappointed with the system Disney used to get the equivalent of fast passes for the presentations... And, we will be at DHS starting on Sunday. Although we have smart phones, we were wondering if anyone has tried to get into a boarding group without a "smart phone?" How does that work? Is there any chance at all to get into a main BG not the backup group? Just wondering... Thanks in advance for any thoughts... Best to all!
If you want to do this, get there early, find a guest experience team member as soon as you get in the park, explain that you don't have a cell phone, and they'll try to get you one using their iPads. You will not get as good a BG as if you follow the advice on these boards with the smart phone you do have but you may get a regular BG depending on a day where they last a few minutes.

I see some people taking about parts of the experience being down and getting the “B” version. Without spoilers...if you’ve never been on before, how would you know? If I get the B, I’d like to know so I can try again another day and experience the full thing. But if I get the complete experience, I’m cool not going through this BG chaos again for a while. When you board, do they tell you you’re getting a limited experience (that doesn’t seem likely)? Or is it just chatter in the streets of multi-riders after the fact.

Thee is so much to see. It's worth riding more then once. Good chance you'll wind up missing stuff the first time, particularly if you've been avoiding spoilers. Avoiding posting anything that could be considered a spoiler., if part of your experience includes a back stage detour you've missed a lot. The regular B version isn't the end of the world.

We did the whole early thing a few days ago, got BG 23, and rode successfully so we weren’t worried about it today. Arrived at HS around 8:30 and were surprised there were still backup BG, so we joined and got 121. Somewhere around 5ish we got an alert that they would not be able to accommodate our group. I know it was down A LOT today, as every time we walked through there (at least 3-4 times) they weren’t boarding anyone.

I just noticed something in the chart the last 11 days

9 of those 11 are when the reg bg were gone in a minute. It has also been 11 days since they dropped the number of regular bg below 100.

The range of bg is 77-105...and yet earlier in the month it was taking much longer to get to 130 regular bg.

Now yes they are releasing fewer bg so they could be gone in the first minute but they also could be giving regular bg to everyone who gets in that first minute and backups to everyone at 7:01. I think it is far too much of a coincidence that, however many regular bg they assign for a given day, they are gone after 1 minute. Dont know about the 2 outliers either.

Not sure what i think here. Thoughts?

Last edited:
Only 2 other times since dec 18 have bg been gone at 7:01 (new years weekend)

Is the park that busy that they are still giving 120 boarding groups to the guests there at opening, thus showing that at 7:01 all of the regular bg that they assigned are gone in that minute? Maybe. However why the erratic bg numbers 77-105.

Why all of the sudden on mlk day were all reg bg gone in a minute but not that weekend?

I gotta go get my tin hat i guess lol

I am questioning my Disney Card. What do I not know about Everest and the yeti? Everest has a "B" mode?
The Yeti moved for a while after the ride opened in 2006, but they discovered that it was creating a crack in the foundation of the building. For the last decade or so, the motion has just been simulated with a strobe light (hence the nickname "Disco Yeti"). This was a permanent change, so most people have only ever seen the "B" mode. They have no idea how close the Yeti's claw originally came to the vehicle as it reached down to swipe at you.

As others have said, hopefully there aren't elements of ROTR that go down so often that Disney just decides to put it in permanent "B" mode rather than continuing to try and fix it.

The Chart

Bad day today! I have a suggestion for dealing with it:

giphy.webp

(By that I mean watch Rogue One, its great)

View attachment 469933
View attachment 469934

Thank you again for keeping the chart going!

I know I'm always the doom and gloom one in here, but it really is a bummer that BG/hour hasn't seemed to improve at all in the month and a half or so that chart covers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter