READ POST 1 & 2 FIRST-Rise of the Resistance Boarding Group Planning and Information-*No Spoilers*

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am really interested to see how this plays out. Right now, they have opening time for our HS days listed at 9 am. I am pretty certain this will change, probably to 8am. I am a little worried that the later opening is going to increase crowds.

I don't think it would....

1) It's pretty crowded as is.
2) Many are now going to HS early to get a boarding pass and then doing Rope Drop at another park. If all the parks open at the same time, some wouldn't be going for that third or fourth ride...

We just got back.... no issues with getting boarding passes, 64 & 86 the two days we did it. Both days we waited near Toy Story Land to ride Slinky. Got there about 6:30AM, but ending up waiting about an hour, after 7AM to get on Slinky.

Wait for RotR after our Boarding Group was called, was about an hour on one day and about 40 mins the other... we didn't experience the short waits some have reported.

All in all had a great time.... but I think Disney has a growth issues, that I'm not sure how they will fix - short of a fifth park. Adding more attractions is great, but in the end the parks are so congested these days...

I was one of the ones with a 2 hour return time. I was on rock n roller coaster near someone who was BG6 and had to return in an hour. Got off the ride a bit ago and had no issues, minus some parts not being in “full operation”, trying not to spoil anything here. Was cool to see an alternate and my friend being here first time loved it.

Those of you there today...... are you being given an actual return time with your Boarding Group number?
And are they giving one or two hours to return?
Just saw a post stating that as of today they were giving out actual return times when they are getting notified and that it is only one hour ... just wondering if this is true and how it is working?
I was told 2hours with the last return time possible for the window

I was told 2hours with the last return time possible for the window
This AM were were not given a return time. We just had to watch as they listed boarding groups. We rode TSM and ToT and had some breakfast. We were BG40 and given a one hour window to return.

Left Pop at 5:58; rented a car; parked and in security line by 6:11. Was far back from the tapstyles but moved quickly when we were let in.

We sat at the tables near the old starring rolls cafe. 4 iPhones and 1 Samsung. Three on WiFi and two on data. 3 had the app open and were refreshing by going in and out of Find Out More; 1 was trying My Status. I waited until 30 seconds prior to 7 and opened the app. I got in first. Just one small glitch, when I hit select all it didn’t take so I had to hit it again. We got boarding group 55. I was on WiFi with an iPhone (7 plus). Got called around noon with a two hour return window. Went straight there. We had DAS so went through the (future?) fast pass line. Off in 30 minutes. Time for a nap.

Also does anyone have experience with Rider Switch at ROTR? Is the second group still being allowed to enter through a FP line? If we all get BGs we'd all like to ride but hoping it doesn't take half the day to swap the baby around.
[/QUOTE]
We did Rider Switch on 1/20. It was fantastic. You just let them know as you are getting ready to board. The person waiting gets their band swiped and then two to three people they want to go with them. The first group goes through the regular line. For us it was not a very long wait. Once first group done, we regrouped and four of us went back through the fast pass line. We got on immediately. So definitely plan on doing the rider switch because the fast pass line will be practically empty unless people have passes due to downtimes.

I was one of the ones with a 2 hour return time. I was on rock n roller coaster near someone who was BG6 and had to return in an hour. Got off the ride a bit ago and had no issues, minus some parts not being in “full operation”, trying not to spoil anything here. Was cool to see an alternate and my friend being here first time loved it.
Steph's at Falcon today, 6am to 7pm, if you're still there go say hi :D

Okay questions for the experts. I was able to ride when they were still allowing you to join a BG as soon as you entered, and I'm trying not to let this new situation stress me out but...

I'll be visiting in about two weeks with my parents. My dad recently had a knee replacement, and as such, we can only spend a few hours a day in the parks. He's fine walking for those few hours, but then he will have to go back to the hotel and rest/elevate/ice. He can't really do a wheelchair for the day because of the position his knee would be in. And those few hours pretty much tucker him out for the day, so no going back to the hotel to rest and then heading back out later. Aaaaaand of course we will only have one day at DHS.

The park is currently scheduled to open at 8:00am our day, and we will probably only have until 11:00 or 11:30 until my dad will have to leave. Assuming that we will still be following this BG process in two weeks, and the ride is up and running relatively smoothly, is there any chance a GET CM would be able to help move us to an early boarding group if we end up with a late (regular) group? I know it will be subjective, and I'm hoping we get a low group and I don't have to worry, but anyone out there with any experience with something like this?

Okay questions for the experts. I was able to ride when they were still allowing you to join a BG as soon as you entered, and I'm trying not to let this new situation stress me out but...

I'll be visiting in about two weeks with my parents. My dad recently had a knee replacement, and as such, we can only spend a few hours a day in the parks. He's fine walking for those few hours, but then he will have to go back to the hotel and rest/elevate/ice. He can't really do a wheelchair for the day because of the position his knee would be in. And those few hours pretty much tucker him out for the day, so no going back to the hotel to rest and then heading back out later. Aaaaaand of course we will only have one day at DHS.

The park is currently scheduled to open at 8:00am our day, and we will probably only have until 11:00 or 11:30 until my dad will have to leave. Assuming that we will still be following this BG process in two weeks, and the ride is up and running relatively smoothly, is there any chance a GET CM would be able to help move us to an early boarding group if we end up with a late (regular) group? I know it will be subjective, and I'm hoping we get a low group and I don't have to worry, but anyone out there with any experience with something like this?
You can always ask and the worst they can say is no.
Another thing you can do is go to first aid. They have rooms with beds where he could elevate the knee and they also have ice, int he event that you need to stay a bit longer

Those of you there today...... are you being given an actual return time with your Boarding Group number?
And are they giving one or two hours to return?
Just saw a post stating that as of today they were giving out actual return times when they are getting notified and that it is only one hour ... just wondering if this is true and how it is working?

I had boarding group 5 this morning and we were given a one hour return time at 7:10. We went immediately to the ride and I honestly didn’t even realize it was a shorter time frame.

If you get a high BG, could you all just go back to the room immediately, and rest up until they get within 10 or so of your BG?

How about a wheelchair with the leg rest in the extended position?
ETA: Looks the WDW wheelchairs don't have the leg rests, but ones that do can be rented from a 3rd party.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter