READ POST 1 & 2 FIRST-Rise of the Resistance Boarding Group Planning and Information-*No Spoilers*

Status
Not open for further replies.
If they think they can get the ride's capacity up quite a bit, they absolutely would.
I think you’re searching for reasons that simply aren’t there. My opinion is that they want this ride available at park open today if at all possible. There’s no way (in my mind) that the plan today was to delay the opening 3+ hours on one of their busiest days of January.

Last edited:
We are gonna be there Feb 2, can you get a BG while waiting to Rope drop for MFSR? reading some of the comments say they got in another place to get BG, why not while your in line to walk to Star Wars land?

We are gonna be there Feb 2, can you get a BG while waiting to Rope drop for MFSR? reading some of the comments say they got in another place to get BG, why not while your in line to walk to Star Wars land?

The people who are in "another place" as you say, are just trying to get away from the crowds in hopes of having a better wifi or 4G signal. If you are trying to rope drop a ride, you'll want to stay in that line and just try from there.

One week from today and we get to try on the second 8am opening. I was starting to feel good about it, then the past couple days are not promising. Watching this post has been an emotional rollercoster! At least the weather is looking better. I was happy at the 10 day forecast for rain though hoping it would discourage people. I never thought I'd be hoping for earlier and rainier on my DHS day.

I know, our DHS day is the 31st with 8am opening. The weather will be warmer, but have no idea how different 8am crowds will be. I will be watching next week to see how the previous day's work out and adjust our plan accordingly.

First try for me this morning
6h15 at Pop bus stop. (There's at least 4 busloads of people waiting... the app and the boards aren't showing anytime for the next bus.)
6h35 Got on the 3rd bus (There's still 2 more busload of people behind me but the buses are coming back to back now)
6h43 Got to DHS (The bus driver let us out near the entrance and not at the Pop stop... thanks )
6h45 Security no bag line...
6h47 Tap in at the outer right tapstyle

It's crazy crowded, I had hoped that the cold would deter some people from trying... I guess not.

7h00 - Open the app... "Find out more" / Join boarding group

Got BG42 - Which if the ride had opened as scheduled would have been fine... But it's now 10h20 I've gone back to the hotel because they haven't started calling groups yet.

it was a very low number of regular BGs yesterday as well and yesterday turned out to be one of (if not the) best performing days, so I don't think yesterday is why today's regular BGs were low, I think that just be what they are moving towards

As to why the ride isn't running yet, only the Ancients know (and by Anchients I mean the CMs that operate/maintain/etc the ride)
I agree that they are likely moving toward less regular boarding groups.

My theory is Disney is trying to manage the number of recovery fast passes they issue because of the impact they have on the end of evening lines as well as the next day.

Perfect storm—super unpredictable ride with unprecedented high demand.

So, is it safe to say that there is a real possibility that I have shelled out thousands of dollars for a WDW vacation coming up in the coming months, and we will not be able to experience the ride that is the whole reason we decided to book? Is it still going to be this insane in the coming months?
YES. That is a possibility. You, or anyone, should not book a vacation solely for the experience of any one attraction.
I am not trying to berate you... I know you get it.
BUT, I do think that some people do not realize that nothing is guaranteed.
We are going next week. I am trying to remind myself of all the amazing attraction at WDW that we will get to enjoy and that if we are lucky enough to experience RotR, that will be icing on the cake.

My first day is Jan. 29th. They are showing 8 a.m. for park opening. And on the following Sunday, they are showing 9 a.m. opening. Do you think they might change the 8 a.m. opening to 7 a.m.?

If relying on Disney wifi to obtain a BG, where are the recommended locations in DHS??

Crazy question, if I have tapped in to DHS, may I leave again and obtain an BG outside DHS or do I still need to be within DHS to obtain a BG? Wifi in DHS is traditionally NASTY!

If relying on Disney wifi to obtain a BG, where are the recommended locations in DHS??

Crazy question, if I have tapped in to DHS, may I leave again and obtain an BG outside DHS or do I still need to be within DHS to obtain a BG? Wifi in DHS is traditionally NASTY!

Yes, you can leave and people have done so. The only problem with leaving is that you won't have the Guest Experience Team (GET) handy if you run into problems. Others have reported doing exactly what you are suggesting though, and had good success.

I'm starting to think they ain't opening today. I really wish they would give us some kind of explanation... I heard a guest ask a CM what was going on... The CM stayed in characters and answered that there were First Order patrol preventing them from boarding... The guy was less than thrilled by that answer...

The people who are in "another place" as you say, are just trying to get away from the crowds in hopes of having a better wifi or 4G signal. If you are trying to rope drop a ride, you'll want to stay in that line and just try from there.
Do you think it matters where your at?

Thank you everyone for the info.
Debating on going by myself Friday. Between my old phone and the crowd getting into the app faster then me it might be a lost cause.

Do you think it matters where your at?

I haven't done it yet, so keep that in mind, but I've been reading this thread day in and day out. People are able to get boarding groups even if they're in a scrum of people. Might you have a better signal if you aren't in the middle of everyone else? Sure, but you will most likely get a boarding group (or at least a backup group) no matter where you are in the park when the boarding group process opens up. It's probably not worth giving up your position in the rope drop line for what will amount to just a (potential) few seconds advantage.

10:23 and still not boarding! Has anyone managed to get any info from a cast member? We are in boarding group 40 x
I ate breakfast at Rondos and asked a CM at the ride. They don't know anything but you have to go by to see their cool winter coats. I should have taken a pic. After my SDD ride my teeth were chattering so I'm back at the resort warming up and hopefully napping.

ETA for the person who thought being solo was an advantage, not for me. I think it's offset by the fact groups can have more people trying.

The immersion part is a bit annoying to me, and probably somewhat tactical. Just blame the First Order so we have no clue what’s happening. I don’t think it adds that much to the experience either, but I’m sure some people enjoy it. I’ll just keep checking my Datapad for updates.

Coming up on 11:00 and still no groups called. I truly feel for those who experienced the elation of scoring a low boarding group only to endure the agony that has been this morning's lack of performance. :grouphug:
Man I hope this don't happen when we are there... But you never know???????

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter