READ POST 1 & 2 FIRST-Rise of the Resistance Boarding Group Planning and Information-*No Spoilers*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Whelp. I was in Disneyland right at drop, and my mobile data slowed down so much that the ride was full by the time it finished processing. Same thing happened yesterday. I have one more try tomorrow, but it seems like a major technological issue on my end, so I'm not optimistic about getting to ride.

Thanks to everyone for posting their experiences...much appreciated!

I was hoping people could include if they are launching the app right at 7:00 or tapping "find out more" then the home button repeatedly, or tapping "find out more" and the back button on their phone (android).

Thanks!!

Whelp. I was in Disneyland right at drop, and my mobile data slowed down so much that the ride was full by the time it finished processing. Same thing happened yesterday. I have one more try tomorrow, but it seems like a major technological issue on my end, so I'm not optimistic about getting to ride.
Bummer. I don't know what the holding pattern is at DL. Is there anywhere you can move to that's away from the biggest crowds, and maybe get into a different cell? Test your data speed before the time, just to make sure you're not in a dead spot.

Here at WDW, people have reported they can tap into the park, and then leave the park before the time and still get a BG. I don't know whether the same's true in CA, but I might be afraid to try it if I only had one more chance.

Thanks to everyone for posting their experiences...much appreciated!

I was hoping people could include if they are launching the app right at 7:00 or tapping "find out more" then the home button repeatedly, or tapping "find out more" and the back button on their phone (android).

Thanks!!
I've seen reports of all these methods working, but from reading this thread every day, my unscientific conclusion is that launching the app right at 7:00 is the best method.

We will have a group of 8, and I think each one of us will try a different method.

This is one situation where having a large group could be a definite advantage (vs. the difficulty of getting FPs for a large group).

I've never been to Disneyworld, and I was planning to go to Florida next Winter break to see the last space shuttle I haven't seen, so I was intending to go to EPCOT and Animal Kingdom afterwards. I could plan to go to Rise there if I don't get to ride tomorrow. I'm stressed out enough about lines and time management with Galaxy's Edge as it is. I don't want to spebd today worrying about getting to ride tomorrow.

My wife and I will be coming down in March, and have a our Hollywood studios day circled and stared and highlighted thanks to Galaxy's Edge. Ive been following most of the social posts and am fully aware that the boarding groups go quickly. From those who have been there, or those who can use the force and see into the future, what is a fairly realistic time to arrive at Hollywood Studios? We don't need to be in the first boarding groups at all, we would just like to get on the ride at some point that day.
merged you to the proper thread.
If you read posts 1 and 2 you will get t ips and also a chart that will show you how fast the bg have been "selling out" daily since opening day

head to a Guest Experience CM or GR over there and they can help you if your phone isn't working

Just timed my app opening from clicking app to hitting find out more. Took 15 seconds. So with everyone saying open app right at 7, has anyone opened it to time out with exactly 7? So for mine I was thinking of opening at 6:59:45 give or take a second. Any thoughts on this?

Not sure if the DL system works the same as WDW, but you can have someone at home log into your account and try to get it for you remotely. I was able to get the BG for my son from home while he was trying in the park by both of us being logged into his account.

Just timed my app opening from clicking app to hitting find out more. Took 15 seconds. So with everyone saying open app right at 7, has anyone opened it to time out with exactly 7? So for mine I was thinking of opening at 6:59:45 give or take a second. Any thoughts on this?
you can do that, I would time it a little closer to 7am to prevent it from being too early and then having to do it again
Not sure if the DL system works the same as WDW, but you can have someone at home log into your account and try to get it for you remotely. I was able to get the BG for my son from home while he was trying in the park by both of us being logged into his account.
yes, many have reported getting help from someone not in the park

What can they realistically do if all boarding groups have already filled? They filled in about 30 seconds this morning.
no, go there directly before opening time and tell them you have had problems 2 days in a row and they will book one for you. This is done with people without a phone

Update but first our experience in getting BG- got there at 6:15 and in turnstiles by 6:25. Waited outside of Indiana Jones. Three of us click onto app at 7:00 and got bg 16 - people next to us bg 8. Called us at 7:27, waited in line until 8 (closed for a little and they passed out food and drinks) went on ride with one special effect not working (don’t want to spoiled but something I saw from other’s videos). I just followed everyone’s advice here - I got the bg and I was not on WiFi - Verizon data. Good luck!!!

We had BG 60- one has been called every 5 min- got called at 11:25 and got off at 12:10- it was awesome!!! Headed to Disney springs. Between 7-12:15 we did- SDD, ST (FP), RnR (FP), ToT (recovery FP), MFSR, muppets (FP), and RotR! Pretty awesome. We will be back tonight for the cantina and EMH. This board literally saved our day- what great advice!

***Mods, please let me know if I should just make a new thread for this question! It's definitely related to ROTR boarding groups, but also general park planning, so I just wasn't sure where to put it. Thanks!

How many park days have y'all been planning to try for ROTR? We're going for a week (Saturday to Saturday) at the end of April (things could totally change by then, I realize that). I'm a HUGE Star Wars fan, including the new movies, so I suspect this ride will be perfect for me. As of now, we're planning to try for ROTR every day except Monday and Tuesday because we will have Disney After Hours at MK on Monday night. However, it's making the rest of the trip very difficult to plan! Our travel party is myself, dh, ds13, and dd11.

I mean, Epcot seems pretty doable because most of the stuff we like there we don't even need fastpasses for and Epcot is fairly convenient now with the Skyliner. But AK and MK seem like they could be challenging with making ROTR work. We're staying at AOA, so the Skyliner will hopefully be able to help us out a bit, though possibly not for DHS opening if they continue to open the park before the Skyliner is operating with guests in the morning.

Anyway, how many days should I be planning to try for Rise and how have y'all handled working your plans out with MK and AK especially? I know you get 2 hours to come back to ride when your BG is called, but it still seems like many have had challenges working it in while also trying to accomplish other parks. Would we be better off just giving up a couple days of ROTR just to make things run a little more smoothly? What has your experience been like with a longer trip and wanting to ride Rise as much as possible? Did you find yourself rearranging things to give yourself MORE opportunities to ride after your first time because it was so amazing?
Just one. I know as long as I get in the park before they open I’ll get one. I can work around any time

Launched the app right when our phones hit 7am. Out of the 4 of us, my 16-year old daughter had the fastest phone fingers (big surprise). We got BG 31. Got our boarding call right about 9am and finished the entire experience by about 9:40. Given the amount of people at the gates this morning, I think we were all pleasantly surprised and obviously excited to have the morning play out the way it did, and the attraction itself was amazing.

How many park days have y'all been planning to try for ROTR? We're going for a week (Saturday to Saturday) at the end of April (things could totally change by then, I realize that)... Our travel party is myself, dh, ds13, and dd11.
Anyway, how many days should I be planning to try for Rise and how have y'all handled working your plans out with MK and AK especially? Would we be better off just giving up a couple days of ROTR just to make things run a little more smoothly? What has your experience been like with a longer trip and wanting to ride Rise as much as possible? Did you find yourself rearranging things to give yourself MORE opportunities to ride after your first time because it was so amazing?
We visited WDW for 4.5 days the second week RoR was open.

We planned to ropedrop HS both Day 2 and Day 5. Going to HS earlier in the trip left us more options if we were unable to ride. Fortunately we got to ride with BG 37 around 10am on our first attempt.
We loved RoR so much that we still kept our back up plans to revisit HS on Day 5. That day we joined BG 63, hit a couple HS rope drop rides, went back to our room to pack up, hopped over to AK for our 11a-2p FPs, returned to HS a bit after 3p when our BG was called, and flew home that evening.
So we basically did it as planned. We had also left open the possibility of hitting HS before Epcot on Day 4 to give us extra assurance we wouldn't leave Orlando without riding RoR, but that was scrapped after attempt #1 succeeded and knowing we still had Day 5.

What I'd recommend (when possible):
  • Plan HS early in your trip to leave more options open if attempt 1 fails.
  • Plan a second morning at HS, which may become the easiest way to experience both RoR and MMRR after that opens anyway.
  • Most people will totally welcome riding RoR twice in any event, so no regrets with allocating 1.5 or 2 days at HS. Plus that makes TSL, Fantasmic and fireworks easier to work too.
  • Hoppers are expensive but really come in handy to do these new rides. Definitely worth considering because then you can also take advantage of am/pm EMHs without staying the entire crowded day, and get more out of Epcot festivals & Day 62+ FPs, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter