READ POST 1 & 2 FIRST-Rise of the Resistance Boarding Group Planning and Information-*No Spoilers*

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm curious folks, how good is AT&T at HS? I'm from Canada and am thinking of buying a travel data type pass. My network uses AT&T as its U.S. partner, so just wanting to know if it'd be worth it, as opposed to Wi-Fi which from personal experience at the parks I know can be...sometimes unreliable.
I was using AT&T this morning and I was the first one to get in for my group at 6am. We got group 55 at that time and were called to board at 9:23am.

1.) For those that just went recently and were in the parks before 8am... What was the posted opening time, and what time did you go?

2.) When you get there do you get to go through the turnstyles before park opening and then you can select a BG?
OR,
do you have to wait till the posted park opening time to go through the turnstyles and then select a BG?
For today, posted opening time was 6am. The turnstiles opened at 5:30am and they held everyone in Hollywood Blvd. the boarding groups opened at 6am with the official park open.

We got to ride around 2:30. We made some adjustments to our plan for the day, including missing our fast passes at Epcot. The ride was amazing though. We may try it another morning before Friday. We will definitely stay near guest services next time and not venture further on Hollywood Blvd.

I would agree with this, especially with the large crowds this week.
Really, they should do everything possible NOT to encourage people to walk and be on the phone at the same time.

How do the boarding groups work when there are ENH in the morning? Does the ability to sign up start at the official opening time for all guests, or at the time it opens for resort guests?

I'm curious folks, how good is AT&T at HS? I'm from Canada and am thinking of buying a travel data type pass. My network uses AT&T as its U.S. partner, so just wanting to know if it'd be worth it, as opposed to Wi-Fi which from personal experience at the parks I know can be...sometimes unreliable.

I have AT&T as a carrier. We had no problems getting a BG on the 17th. It was very slow when everyone was standing around but once people started being let in their weren’t any issues.

How do the boarding groups work when there are ENH in the morning? Does the ability to sign up start at the official opening time for all guests, or at the time it opens for resort guests?

EMH are in the evening for right now and the one time they did do it weeks ago they started a bit before. But that’s before they changed things so best not to use as an example.

I’m not sure what the first was but I’m at backup group 113. I was in the park 25 min prior to open and the my Disney app would not refresh to reflect that the park was open. Approx a dozen other iPhone users around me had the same issues. Very frustrating to say the least. And to now here that the ride is down...

I’m not sure what the first was but I’m at backup group 113. I was in the park 25 min prior to open and the my Disney app would not refresh to reflect that the park was open. Approx a dozen other iPhone users around me had the same issues. Very frustrating to say the least. And to now here that the ride is down...
If you click on my status it should show you in the batch of details which group is the first backup group

Left bwv 5:10am. Through tap @ 5:40. Group 31. Stayed right and we moved quickly. Didn’t open app till 6. On A&TT. Refresh your cell towers by rebooting your phone the day before. Power off and power on for iPhone. My daughter and I both tried she got in before me within seconds.
People are getting here earlier, no doubt. Saturday we walked alone at 5:10am, today we walked with tons in front and behind. Much more people waiting once we got there. Very competitive environment, Which is understandable given everyone making a huge sacrifice on valuable vacation time.

ride appears down at the moment. but it’s without a doubt worth it. Never seen anything like this. Make the sacrifice for the memory with your family.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter