READ POST 1 & 2 FIRST-Rise of the Resistance Boarding Group Planning and Information-*No Spoilers*

Status
Not open for further replies.
@HockeyMickey2024 is there today and texted me throughout his experience this morning. He and his brother walked over to DHS from BC this morning and arrived at security around 6:00am. He said they moved quickly through security and were in line at 6:10am with this view:

7F0DF6A3-DDEF-4706-8F7C-E38D864C5C43.jpeg

He said people continued to file in rapidly behind them. Several groups of people near the front were waving their phones trying to signal other, later-arriving members of their party to join them, but it was packed and didn't seem like other people in line were cooperative with them. At 6:23, this was the crowd behind him in line:

C132EAAF-A581-4279-8BFB-C9AA6CE0C496.jpeg

At 6:30am, he said that some people in line were starting to sit on the ground, which CMs were discouraging. At 6:32, a line of "Disney cops" (as he called them) came through and had people get up off of the ground, at which point the line started moving toward the tapstiles. He said it was "very physical" while moving forward (in the sense that people were very close together - he said they weren't pushy), with his biggest takeaway being that "more people need showers." :poop:

He managed to end up near the front of the crowd to head to MFSR at RD. Both he and his brother had their phones, and I was on mine here in MD. I ended up getting them BG13 from the comfort of my own home. :cool1: Their sister and her boyfriend entered the park a few minutes after 7:00 and ended up in BG46.

At 7:18 we all got the notification that their BG was called, and they were in line for MFSR. They got off the ride at 7:58. This was DH's first time visiting GE and he texted me, "If that's the B-list attraction, I can't wait for RotR!" And conveniently, he didn't have to - they headed right over, got in line, and got out at 8:53. His spoiler-free review: "It was AMAZING. Everything you've read is true. It was spectacular." Then he left DHS to visit Riviera, which he's very impressed by. Next stop for him is MK, and tonight he'll be joining me and DD at the airport so that he can lead us through the DHS morning experience tomorrow. :thumbsup2

Amazing that many people still there by 6am. Thankful that's not necessary anymore (at least until 6am park openings begin). Cool you got to book them from home -- sounds like that worked well!

completely off topic. But if you are a fan of SW, go watch The Rise of Skywalker and don't read the reviews. As with anything, and we encounter this a lot on the boards, there will be people that hate or love something. Go in with a open mind and preferably during opening weekend to get the feel of the fan base, the theater I just left had everybody applauding and cheering and crying. The perfect ending to the Skywalker saga
I love this - I'm so excited to see it on Sunday and have been disheartened by the Rotten Tomatoes score. I'm a lifelong fan and I'm sure it'll be very emotional and rewarding. Everyone have fun!!

Some in my family got up and got to POP bus stop around 6 am. (The rest slept in as they got back to the hotel about 2:15 am after seeing the new movie at 11 pm last night.) Think their bus was arrived about 6:15 am. Lines back past ticket center. Tapped in and joined a boarding group at 7 am . Surprised they got BG 25. I just got here about 10:30 am with 3 kids and they were still allowing us to join BG so we joined for the heck of it. BG 167. We don't expect to get on.... Any BG over 106 is saying we are back up. Very surprised that they were still allowing people to join. We did ride once on Tuesday so today is a bonus ride.

Some in my family got up and got to POP bus stop around 6 am. (The rest slept in as they got back to the hotel about 2:15 am after seeing the new movie at 11 pm last night.) Think their bus was arrived about 6:15 am. Lines back past ticket center. Tapped in and joined a boarding group at 7 am . Surprised they got BG 25. I just got here about 10:30 am with 3 kids and they were still allowing us to join BG so we joined for the heck of it. BG 167. We don't expect to get on.... Any BG over 106 is saying we are back up. Very surprised that they were still allowing people to join. We did ride once on Tuesday so today is a bonus ride.

If the ride runs like it did yesterday you should get on around 8pm or so.

Any reports yet of how they handle someone arriving late to their BG window? Tomorrow is our big day and we have both a lunch & dinner ADR (not in DHS 😬) so I’m worried if we don’t get a morning BG the 2 hour window might get us. I know it seems a bit greedy to do that all in one day but it’s my DD’s 10th birthday and I’m trying to pull off an epic Disney day.

Ever since the advent of MDE I have shared my login with my 2 kids (currently 23 and 19 years old) I don't mind sharing the login cause I know they won't do anything dumb
I do that currently with my DH. To make sure he doesn't to anything dumb too. 🤣
yeah, that's what my DD and I did when we went. We both were using the same login, she got in first
Was just about to ask. Now I have to teach him how to use MDE next week.
He managed to end up near the front of the crowd to head to MFSR at RD. Both he and his brother had their phones, and I was on mine here in MD. I ended up getting them BG13 from the comfort of my own home.
? Were you using the same MDE account and so you were getting it for them only? That's fascinating.

completely off topic. But if you are a fan of SW, go watch The Rise of Skywalker and don't read the reviews. As with anything, and we encounter this a lot on the boards, there will be people that hate or love something. Go in with a open mind and preferably during opening weekend to get the feel of the fan base, the theater I just left had everybody applauding and cheering and crying. The perfect ending to the Skywalker saga

Can you say whether or not they try to walk things back from TLJ, or would even that be spoiler territory?

They got to 144 yesterday. It’s not clear if that was just the last group to get called or the last boarding group to be distributed.
Interesting that they are now issuing 105 initial groups and at least 61 backups. Looks like Disney focused on avoiding consolation awards. Also quite a few more backup groups with just one hour of a longer day.

Last edited:
Were you using the same MDE account and so you were getting it for them only? That's fascinating.
The account you use is irrelevant. As long as a person’s ticket is used to enter the park they can get a boarding group. Anybody with that person attached to their account can get them that boarding group from anywhere.

Were you using the same MDE account and so you were getting it for them only? That's fascinating.

Yes, I was logged in with his MDE account but only because his brother's account is linked to his and not mine. We have quite a few people connected, but I was able to quickly select just him and his brother (the only ones actually in the park) and proceed from there.

Can you say whether or not they try to walk things back from TLJ, or would even that be spoiler territory?
There's a thread on the news and rumor forum where they're discussing TROS.
I wouldn't say they tried to walk things back

FYI - here is link to thread for discussing Rise of Skywalker .... we are asking people to use spoiler tags if discussing anything spoilerish for 1 week to give people a chance to see the movie. Just general thoughts are find to share in plain text

https://www.disboards.com/threads/s...ase-use-spoiler-tags-until-fri-12-27.3775762/

If the ride runs like it did yesterday you should get on around 8pm or so.

They stop calling boarding groups two hours before closing to allow those called to cycle through.

Edit: I see closing is 10pm instead of 9 so there is a chance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter