Reached capacity for kids

2littlestitches

Mouseketeer
Hi there, we are attempting to book a spring break cruise for March 2019. I completely realize it's late in the game to do so, but some other plans fell through, so we were giving it a shot. We were told that, although there are many available rooms, the ship has reached its capacity for kids in our particular age groups. We were also told to possibly call back, as the rooms are not paid in full yet, and some rooms are currently just being held without a deposit. Any advice on when would be the best time to call back? Every day? At the 90 day mark? What do you think?

Thanks so much for any tips or experience on this. I've sailed with DCL many times, but always planned way ahead, and never had this particular issue.

90 days and 75 days.
Thanks so much - as a follow up question, do you happen to know whether a lot of people actually bail from the cruises before final payment? I guess I'm just trying to assess our odds at getting a spot, or whether we should give up and book something else entirely. Thanks again!

Thanks so much - as a follow up question, do you happen to know whether a lot of people actually bail from the cruises before final payment? I guess I'm just trying to assess our odds at getting a spot, or whether we should give up and book something else entirely. Thanks again!

I don't have stats, but I'd definitely be looking at back-up plans you could cancel if the cruise opens up.

I would expect that IF someone were to bail, you'd have to be extremely flexible on what level you'd be paying for. You'd not be getting to choose inside/verandah or getting to be at all picky.

Hi there, we are attempting to book a spring break cruise for March 2019. I completely realize it's late in the game to do so, but some other plans fell through, so we were giving it a shot. We were told that, although there are many available rooms, the ship has reached its capacity for kids in our particular age groups. We were also told to possibly call back, as the rooms are not paid in full yet, and some rooms are currently just being held without a deposit. Any advice on when would be the best time to call back? Every day? At the 90 day mark? What do you think?

Thanks so much for any tips or experience on this. I've sailed with DCL many times, but always planned way ahead, and never had this particular issue.

Any cruise being held without a deposit will automatically cancel at 72 hours, so you might try again in a couple of days.

I would expect that IF someone were to bail, you'd have to be extremely flexible on what level you'd be paying for. You'd not be getting to choose inside/verandah or getting to be at all picky.

Actually, the OP probably could be a bit picky (not a wide open selection, but not a choice of one or two cabins). According to the first post, there are many cabins available, the issue is just the number of kids (for the clubs, I assume). So, they need a family with kids to bail but don't, necessarily, need to take the cabin that that family had.

Of course, many of the other cabins may be taken by the time a family bails, which would make it difficult to have choice.

If it were me and I had the time, I'd phone every day. Someone with kids could bail at any time. They may be most likely to bail at 90 and 75, but they could change their plans any time.

Can you tell by the website? ie: will it show you rooms if you have kids listed? That might be your first clue, if it works.

I am looking at a July 2019 cruise for one adult and one teen, check the website every day and have been blocked more than once due to party (two adults were fine) and then unblocked the next day so I would check every day.

Personally I would t call. Go to the Disney Cruise website and enter your dates and party numbers (they’ll ask for kid ages). You can run that search every day if you need to. If there’s availability book. Out of curiosity what ages are your kids?

What week are you looking at? (Curious cause we're on a march break cruise on the fantasy). Our PIF date is in 2 weeks so I suspect some may bail then opening up spots.

It looks like March 14th and 25th 4-night cruises on the Dream are both full for the Club/Lab ages.

OP - I would check the website periodically. It’s quick and easy; my browser remembers my travel party so then it’s a simple matter of checking the filters (March 2019, 1-4 night, Port Canaveral, Dream) - it won’t take more than 2 minutes a day. Or as others have suggested, ask a TA to keep an eye on it for you. But I would have “Plan B” in case nothing opens up.

Good luck and enjoy your cruise!

Definitely check right before PIF day. Our summer cruise was fully booked up at one point, and then lots of rooms opened up right before PIF day. (European one, so I suspect more than usual for a FL one, but I'd be surprised if nobody cancels). Check online - it's easier.

put your party size and kids ages into the search feature........then search for your cruise. If it doesn’t show up, then the kid limit is still reached but if stateroom choices show up, then you can quickly book your room of choice before another family does.

Yep.
Calling takes so much longer.

Just want to say thanks to everyone for the responses. I've not attempted anything further with this due to the Thanksgiving weekend festivities, but I will resume my efforts this week. We are a larger party needing 3 rooms. The kids are 7, 9, and 16 and we are trying for the March 18th cruise on the Dream. Thanks again for your ideas and suggestions!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter