• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

? Re: Windsor Hills Renovations

CJDJ

Mouseketeer
Can someone tell me where exactly the renovations are taking place and does anyone have a direct number to the resort. I don't want to rent a townhouse or condo where there is noise plus we have small children.

Thanks

Charity

There are no "renovations" taking place in Windsor Hills, it's brand new. There ARE still some brand new homes being built in the western part of the resort, it's call the Reserves area of the resort, and has a few new 4, 5, and 6 bedroom pool homes. The condos and townhomes, for instance, are long since finished with construction.

There is a number for the pool / clubhouse, but there is no such thing as a central reservations # or anything like that for the resort, it's all individually run and operated by either homeowners, or via management companies in the area. You can rent a home there via either.

I got a little thrown off. I requested prices from vrbo for a townhouse or condo and I got this one e:mail stating their property is not by the area that they are renovating. I already have an owner who I want to rent from in mind and when I seen that e:mail I started to panic. That would be my luck! lol Right in the middle of construction w/ 5 kids. I was hoping to contact the resort so, I would get the correct information. I hope this isn't a scar tactic that their using because it worked w/me.... :-)

Thanks for the reassuring post!!

As George stated the only construction is going on far away from the townhouses. We were in a 6 br in the Reserve section in Nov and new homes were being built across the road from us. Even at that it didn't bother us much.
The townhouses are nice, we've stayed in two and enjoy having the splash pool.
You won't be anywhere near the new construction, you won't even know there is another section unless you drive over there. :)

We're looking to rent a 5 bedroom home in July and, and I'm concerned about having construction right behind us. This map indicates a construction area, but I don't know if it's current: http://mysite.verizon.net/imagelib/...itebuilderpictures/img_16d.jpg&target=tlx_new.

Does anyone know if there is current construction where indicated along Basnett Circle, Dinville St, and Manesty Ln? Some of the homes we're looking at are on those streets and back up to what's marked as construction area. I don't want to be trying to sleep in or take a break mid-day and be bothered by construction noise right behind us!

We're looking to rent a 5 bedroom home in July and, and I'm concerned about having construction right behind us. This map indicates a construction area, but I don't know if it's current: http://mysite.verizon.net/imagelib/...itebuilderpictures/img_16d.jpg&target=tlx_new.

Does anyone know if there is current construction where indicated along Basnett Circle, Dinville St, and Manesty Ln? Some of the homes we're looking at are on those streets and back up to what's marked as construction area. I don't want to be trying to sleep in or take a break mid-day and be bothered by construction noise right behind us!

I would ask the owners, it might back up to an area near the Reserves, but it doesn't mean there's construction going on nearby. It's a pretty big place, there's not THAT many homes being built, I just went running all through that area of the resort in Nov.

If you have any addresses in mind, PM me, I'll be there on Monday and I can check it out for you while there and let you know if it's close to it or not!

I would ask the owners, it might back up to an area near the Reserves, but it doesn't mean there's construction going on nearby. It's a pretty big place, there's not THAT many homes being built, I just went running all through that area of the resort in Nov.

If you have any addresses in mind, PM me, I'll be there on Monday and I can check it out for you while there and let you know if it's close to it or not!

Thanks for the offer! One of them is 2674 MANESTY LN. We're strongly leaning towards another one that's across from the playground just so there's no possibility of construction though.

Is 2674 Manesty Lane called Mickey's Great Escape? I think that's the address of the home we booked for next January and was wondering what other Diser's thought of it and if anyone has stayed there. We have had all good experiences with the owners so far and can't wait until next year. If you end up staying there I'd love to hear what you think of the place.

Is 2674 Manesty Lane called Mickey's Great Escape? I think that's the address of the home we booked for next January and was wondering what other Diser's thought of it and if anyone has stayed there. We have had all good experiences with the owners so far and can't wait until next year. If you end up staying there I'd love to hear what you think of the place.

Yes, that's it. It looks great, but I'm concerned about what's right behind it. GoogleMaps shows a field with trees and paths that looks like it might be early stages of development. I don't know how recent the map is, and concerned that we'd have building and hammering going on right behind. I guess I could ask the owner, but I'm just not sure whether they'd know if they're not local.

Mareed,

I believe that they are at the house right now (she had said they would be there for most of March and will be installing the game room then). I don't know how fast they would respond to an email, but you could try :flower3:

Mareed,

I believe that they are at the house right now (she had said they would be there for most of March and will be installing the game room then). I don't know how fast they would respond to an email, but you could try :flower3:

Thanks - I did send an email asking and received a response that construction behind the house was finished a long time ago! So good news for others renting this house. It's funny how small the internet (& Disney) community can be! It looks like a great place, and we're working on our booking there now!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter