RE: Room Ready?

jerseydizdreamer

Mouseketeer
I was reading something recently about a new "room ready" policy which seemed to indicate that there was a new policy regarding check-in. Previously, when I've arrived early, if my room wasn't ready they would simply take my bags, and I could check later to find out what room I'd been assigned. But from what I've read, it sounds as if that is no longer the case. If there isn't a room, you have to come back and check in all over again later.

I've also heard this might only apply to DVC members.

Can anyone give me the 411 on this?

Richard

I haven't heard of any changes for checking in. At this point it is the same as it always has been just like you mentioned.

May be different for DVC.

This is for DVC members. Previously they would look at everyone's requests by date of reservation and pre-assign the rooms. So the person who booked at the 11 month maximum would have a better chance of getting their requests. They are no longer doing this. When you check-in, they will search for a ready room (already cleaned) that meets at least one of your requests. If you check-in later in the day with a popular request your chances are slim. They claim members like it because they get into a clean room earlier but many are upset about not prioritizing requests by reservation date. They are also no longer accepting faxed requests or calls to the front desk for requests, all requests must be through DVC member services. There is a long thread on the DVC board.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter