re" national

upinthecold

Earning My Ears
Hi, we are renting a minivan from National. Just checking if any issues with them. Any one have any problems, etc. Is it easy to get your car? Thanks:Pinkbounc :bounce:

I haved used National a few times when going to WDW and never had a problem. But even though they say they are sponsors of WDW you can find better deals out there. We booked through Avis because we are flying in the day before and staying at the Radison. Are you parking the car at the port? We did that in 2000 for a 4 day cruise. But it actually is cheaper for us to rent a car one way for less than 24 hours and then rent another when we get back. Our total for both cars is around 85 dollars and we don't have to pay to park. But if you got a good deal with National stay with them. I think they are the first desk at the rentals. Never had a long wait either.

upinthecold... The only potential issue is that they don't offer a shuttle from their Cocoa Beach location to the cruise terminal. You'll have to take a taxi.

Originally posted by alwatlers

We booked through Avis because we are flying in the day before and staying at the Radison.
alwatlers... you didn't mention whether you thought Avis was still at the Radisson. It isn't. They've moved about a mile down the street.

WE are renting from orlando international so that won't be an issue. Could anyone tell me what kind of mini-van they got when they rented from them? Thanks

This past June, we rented from National at MCO, we then went to DW for 6 days then off too the 3-Day DC. What we did was drop off the luggage and the family at the terminal then I proceded to drop-off the car at the National Office in Cocoa Beach. It is about a 20 minute ride to the Cocoa Beach office. Then they provide you with a Taxi ride back to the port. Another 20 minutes. Same thing going back, you pay for the taxi and then National reimburses you for the fee. So, if were to do it all over again, I wouldn't do National due to the location. I think Hertz or Avis are much closer.
Mark:smooth:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter