? re: checking items onto plane

ChisJo

Cause afterall, a dream that you wish, will come t
I am hoping that someone can help - I really don't know who to call about this. As some of you already know, I got acepted to go to school in Wales, UK. Well, now I am trying to plan, and it is kind of overwhelming.
I want to bring my bike into the country and use that instead of public transportation, since I will be living SO close to the hospital I will be working in. My question is: does anyone know how I go about checking a bike onto the plane, and do all airlines allow it? What are the restrictions, etc.?

If anyone can help, I would truly appreciate it. I have not booked any airline tickets as of yet since I don't actually know my official start date, so until I hear, I have no idea which airline I am travelling with.

Thanks a bunch - Jo

MOst airlines require that a bike be partly disassembled so it fits in a box (sold separately) meant for transporting bikes.

You will have to check with the airline regarding cost. The bike is usually treated as freight transported separately, not part of a free baggage allowance.

I would not recommend commuting by bike on city streets during rush hour.

Disney hints:
http://members.aol.com/ajaynejr/disney.htm

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter