RD at HS

alizas3figs

Earning My Ears
Hi all,
I have a preRD ADR at H&V. Will that put me a better position to ride TSMM without a FP+ at rope drop? My DD loves RnRC so I need FP+ for the rider swap option. My DSs are too young and short to ride RnRC but they love TSMM. I need to keep all happy! Have any of you done this? Thanks for the help!

Depends on whether you are out of the restaurant by rope drop and how soon you can get to TSMM. You can't walk right up to it, they keep that area roped off until the parks opens.

My experiences with pre-RD ADRs is not good. We always have the best intentions of being first on a ride, but it never works out that way. Character dining, slow service, and late seatings can interfere with your timing.

The problem at Hollywood and Vine is the restaurant location. It's close to the entrance. They will allow rope droppers to come down Hollywood Blvd past Vine St. You will be blended with the regular rope droppers.

That's not terrible. Rope drop is a great place to be. You will for sure have a short wait on TSMM.

This is how I would play it. I would RD TSMM. Then immediately go to RNRRC. You should be able to do both rides within the first hour of park opening. Get fast passes for two rides of your choice plus TSMM. If park opens at 9, then get a 10-11, 11-12, and a 1-2 (TSMM). By the afternoon, lines will be long for TSMM and you will have a FP for a second ride.

Enjoy your trip!

If you want an alternate strategy, we've had really good luck waiting until the last hour of the day to ride TSMM. We can often ride 4 times in that hour while a majority of visitors are at or waiting for Fantasmic.

We find this to be a much more efficient use of time than arriving really early just to ride once.

If you want an alternate strategy, we've had really good luck waiting until the last hour of the day to ride TSMM. We can often ride 4 times in that hour while a majority of visitors are at or waiting for Fantasmic.

We find this to be a much more efficient use of time than arriving really early just to ride once.

Doesn't work when they close TSMM an hour before the rest of the park due to Star Wars fireworks.

Doesn't work when they close TSMM an hour before the rest of the park due to Star Wars fireworks.

Actually, it works even better when they close early for the fireworks. The posted closing time is more of a guideline than a rule, kind of like the pirate code.

They can keep the gate open if the line is short and allow guests to enter the queue even after the "closing" time.

Last summer, we got to the ride 10 minutes before the expected close time and still got to ride 3 time. They eventually closed the door about 20 minutes after the published time.

Will they still be doing Star Wars Fireworks in May? I haven't been paying attention to DHS & I didn't notice it scheduled on any of my calendars.

Hi all,
I have a preRD ADR at H&V. Will that put me a better position to ride TSMM without a FP+ at rope drop? My DD loves RnRC so I need FP+ for the rider swap option. My DSs are too young and short to ride RnRC but they love TSMM. I need to keep all happy! Have any of you done this? Thanks for the help!

Our experience is that it's better to go to straight to RRC first thing and have your daughter and 1 rider stand in the standby line (and pick up the rider switch pass at the entrance) and to save the FP+ for TSM.

Right now the only thing that I think might benefit from a pre- rope drop ADR is Jedi Training sign ups if they really are letting folks do that before their breakfasts as has been shared on a recent JTA thread.

Thanks for the tips!! I think I will do RRC first like you suggest. I didn't realize I could get the rider switch without a FP. Makes much more sense to use FP for TSM

Things change at WDW all the time but during an RD at HS a couple of years ago, guests were allowed to enter the park 30 minutes before official park opening on the particular day we visited. RRC did not open until a few minutes before official park opening time while TSM was open at RD.

If you get a very early opening for RD, you may waste your time going directly to RnR if things go the way they did on our visit.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter