RCL took the title from Disney for Cruising!

pearljammer

DIS Veteran
Saw where the only category Disney won in this year was for interior cabins.

I hate to say it as we LOVE Disney cruises but the pricing isn't starting to make sense. While we enjoy the restaurant rotations, there are 2 on the Fantasy that I'm not crazy about. With that said, I'll be trolling the website tomorrow to see what the pricing is like on opening day (for my status isn't gold yet). I'll likely book something as the prices only go up but I'm thinking HARD about RCL for 2017. We're booked for the Dream after it's dry dock in 2016 and the Magic in 2016 as we've not been on board it since it's been revamped. After that, not sure where our interest will lie.

We are only doing the Dream and Magic again because of the changes to the kids clubs and slides on Magic.

Disappointing to see Disney didn't rank any better but competition is heating up and Disney it's getting hard to pay their high prices. But then....we DO love it!!!!! ;O)

I think that was Cruise Critic's Editor's Picks. Cruise Critic's Cruiser's Choice is different.

I don't care either way. I sail where I'm interested. ;)

We are starting to look at other lines. I have sailed RCL once and it was ok. It wasn't as nice as DCL but the price was so much better!
We have a cruised booked with Disney Dec 2016 but I looked at the same basic trip (Western Caribbean, same number of nights, around the same dates) on another line (I think it was NCL) and we could stay concierge for less money!

I'm so glad we got to sail on the Fantasy 3 times last year when they were offering all the discounted rates. I think it may be the next recession before we're back on that ship. We just booked a great GT rate out of Galveston, and the WBTA I booked with an OBB is a really good price. There are some deals, but they're getting fewer and fewer. You really have to willing to do a repositioning cruises or sail out Galveston to find a good price on DCL. I'm still hoping for Panama cruise in 2017 on the Wonder. After that who knows. With the limited itinerary's I'm eventually going to run out of cruises I haven't done that I can afford.

I have the New England/Canada leaving out of NYC Oct 2, 2016 booked, but next cruise will be with RCCL. I have cruised with them in the past and had no problems. Mr DD and I have
been on the Dream and Wonder and really enjoy DCL, but the rices are out of control.pooh:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter