RCL Anthem in rough storm yesterday

I had read that the Azipod was having problems with it's clutches. I do not know what they do, but it did not prevent the unit from operating in the storm. It was decided to shut the unit down for the return trip as it was not needed, but they could have used the Azipod if conditions got worse. They are replacing the clutches before the next sailing. If anyone has more information about this please help me out here.

I had read that the Azipod was having problems with it's clutches. I do not know what they do, but it did not prevent the unit from operating in the storm. It was decided to shut the unit down for the return trip as it was not needed, but they could have used the Azipod if conditions got worse. They are replacing the clutches before the next sailing. If anyone has more information about this please help me out here.

Clutches are part of what would be the transmission. They basically take the drive line off momentarily so the next gear or gear can be moved into place. Basically the engine spins all the time but the props don't so a clutch is used to disconnect the drive motor from the prop shaft.

I figured it out last night. On he basic site it only shows you a certain amount of time prior. After that you have to upgrade to the next level to see more of a past track.

Yeah, I only have basic. I figured if I needed anything more advanced, I could always ask you and Tonka's Skipper! ;)

I just checked CC and looks like Anthem is sailing today so the propulsion system must be okay to sail.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter