• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

RCI trading into DVC success stories?

I wish we could squeeze in BUT we are 7 adults and 2 children (age:2&4)! When you say not seen since 2014, is it based off online only, I ask as we have the search and know that they respond to the list prior to listing on site...
I think I'll defiantly secure the BC and let the search ride on.
Can we cancel BC if we were to get our match (I know unlikely) or try to do what I saw on Saturday where there were 2 different 1 bedroom in the same week with just different check in dates (Sat and the other Sun)? I am open that option as well so long as my grandmother has the TP to do so and approves it. Just unfamiliar with what the policy to cancel if we were to need to for the BC.
I thank you all very much for your insight.
We had a 2 BR after that date but the match was before that date. It might happen, I'm sure there'll be exceptions just like there have been a handful of 3 BR over the years for and there will be Poly and VGF deposits. But realistically one is setting themselves up for failure. I'd try to get two 1BR villas. I think the extra exchange fee and $95 resort services fee would be worth it. Even if you only get one, you could rent a studio and try to get them matched up. But if you've got to have a single 2BR, I'd just forget DVC and go for WBC.

If you call and speak to the right person at RCI they will be honest with you in regards to what has been deposited into DVC. If 2 Bedrooms haven't been seen since Nov 14 they will let you know. I say this b/c I spoke to a RCI rep a couple months ago about what they have been seeing and he pretty much gave me the details.

So....as my stress level has hit the top over this subject...
Welcome to the wonderful world of timeshare exchanges!
Would we be better to secure a week at say Bonnet Creek with 2 bedroom for the dates I really want which are available currently there AND start a new on going search for Disney property?
If you are trying to exchange with Wyndham points into DVC, I would certainly book WBC as a backup -- or even maybe Reunion (3BR/3Bath).

Then, if you get the DVC match, you can cancel Wyndham prior to 14 days out and get the points back.

If you're trying to exchange into DVC with some other timeshare, and are considering WBC as an RCI exchange, that's a whole different ballgame.

It's not with Wydham, it's another time share.
My party all wants to stay on property like they are use to...at this point I am ready to wave my flag! And book through Disney/my friend who is a Travel agent for value like we typically do!
If RCI gets a match successfully (unlikely, I know) can we change the date for a different time, do we loose out in the fee we paid ($495)? Can we cancel and if so what happens...or just take risk of waiting for them not to match..sorry for being SUCH a pain with all of these back and forth options! My whole travel party seems to be very uneasy not knowing if we will not likely get matched for 2 bed, then nervous about getting same week for 1 bed or studio...so think everyone needs piece of mind and this seems the best way...

Why did you pay $495? Did you rent Bonnet Creek as an Extra Vacation rather than exchange for it? If so, the Extra Vacation cancelation rules should be spelled out in your confirmation.

My whole travel party seems to be very uneasy
Timeshare exchange is not for the faint of heart. If you have a bunch of nervous folks you are traveling with, it might make more sense to just rent something onsite, or to commit to staying offsite. It sounds like you'd rather do the former and if so, you should.

It's not with Wydham, it's another time share.
My party all wants to stay on property like they are use to...at this point I am ready to wave my flag! And book through Disney/my friend who is a Travel agent for value like we typically do!
If RCI gets a match successfully (unlikely, I know) can we change the date for a different time, do we loose out in the fee we paid ($495)? Can we cancel and if so what happens...or just take risk of waiting for them not to match..sorry for being SUCH a pain with all of these back and forth options! My whole travel party seems to be very uneasy not knowing if we will not likely get matched for 2 bed, then nervous about getting same week for 1 bed or studio...so think everyone needs piece of mind and this seems the best way...
It sounds like you have the potential for an unhappy group. I wonder if you're in a situation where you can't win. The exchange fee should be around $210 but could be a little different dependent on what the system is. There'll be another $95 fee for Disney if you match per villa. Plus another fee for a guest certificate if the timeshare owner isn't on the reservation. All are per exchange/villa. You won't lose the fee if you don't match. For most situations you won't lose the fee if you cancel within 24 hrs of the match but there are exceptions and by the time you find out and everyone checks around, you could easily lose the fee. You have options; for staying on property you may want to book a cancelable option on property and try for 2 exchanges. Or you could just rent from a member. Otherwise staying off is likely the best and WBC likely the best option for you in that situation.

I'm not sure the amount of TPU...it's being gifted to us from my Grandmother but I know she has tons of banked time from owning multiple shares without use. I know we were fine for what we we're searching for as far as points and we would probably be fine to use the others for the extra 1 BD like I discussed, I just feel bad using that much of hers.
I have read where people get the 1 BDs this way and then rent points for a studio through other sites/DVC members, to allow a 2 BD like set up...have you heard of this?
I hate to be a resort snob for Disney property when there availability off site but I am use to the EMH and transportation!

Do not depend on renting points to reserve a studio and getting a lockoff. I am a DVC member and did this the second week of December. We were at Saratoga Springs in a one bedroom through RCI and a studio through DVC with my points. Although we were very close together and both were lockouts, we were not placed together. Disappointing. I will not do it again.

My parent's got a 2 bedroom at BWV for February of 2015, but the match happened 7 months before that. Previous to that, you could find 2 bedrooms if you were somewhat flexible on dates and resorts, but 2 bedrooms weren't unheard of. After that, something drastically changed with DVC's deposit patterns into RCI. All that was showing up were 1 bedrooms for SSR. I ended up booking several 1 bedrooms at SSR for a large family reunion last summer. There were so many 1 bedroom SSR that you could have booked the entire summer in multiple 1 bedrooms at SSR. The pattern of 1 bedroom SSR deposits continued, but there were spatterings of other 1 bedroom resorts getting matched. The other thing I noticed for last fall was that certain weeks in the fall did not seem to ever show up (even with the 1 bedroom SSR). I only ever saw a 1 bedroom OKW online, and that was once, but have seen reports of other people posting 1 bedrooms at other resorts (BWV, AKV, and OKW). I have not seen any 2 bedroom until fairly recently. They were 2 bedroom Aulani for next summer, and there were several of them. I have some pretty old searches that should have matched the Aulani, but they didn't, which makes me think that there were very few. If you want to stay on WDW property, your best bet is to request a 1 bedroom SSR, and they mostly match about 5 months or less out. While other resorts have been reported, they are very few and far between. But I will also say, it doesn't hurt to make a request in hopes that deposit patterns change again. 3 months ago, I would have told you it would be impossible get a 2 bedroom at Aulani for this summer (which may have been accurate unless you had a 2 year search going).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter