RCI trade was totally worth it!

I traded into Maui before and this past Aug went to Aruba on a trade. It's a great option and I love having that opportunity!

looks like you guys had a great time. the resort looked really nice points well spent.

For those of you wanting to trade into RCI, I say go for it. I am sure not all resorts are the same but we just got back from a week at the Playa Grande Resort in Cabo San Lucas Mexico and it was amazing! :thumbsup2

Here are the pics. They are on my Facebook so I cannot weed out the non-resort ones so sorry for that. Our view was unreal and the communication with the PG prior to arrival was excellent. Some will say it's not a "great use" of points but for us, it was perfect. :cloud9:

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=2054735&id=1117416286&l=35c3c7d30b

I agree! We traded to Kauai, Hawaii and had a fabulous trip! Thought it was a great use of points since the condo easily fit a family of five, 7 nights, ocean view for 160 points.

I agree! We traded to Kauai, Hawaii and had a fabulous trip! Thought it was a great use of points since the condo easily fit a family of five, 7 nights, ocean view for 160 points.

I recently returned from the Hilton Grand Vacation Club at the Flamingo(RCI trade) and had a great time! I also have a trade at Maui Lea(Maui) and Kona Coast Resort(the Big Island) for 2014 and I can't wait. For 160 points for a weekly stay in a 1 bedroom, it is actually just a couple more points than I would use for a week stay at BLT standard view in a studio during high season, which is when I travel. I could never stay for a week in a 1 bedroom at WDW for 160 points.

If you have any special requests(view, floor, etc.) DVC tells you to call the RCI timeshare directly a week before your visit. When I did that with HGVC, they honored all my requests and answered all questions I had before I got to the timeshare.

I recently returned from the Hilton Grand Vacation Club at the Flamingo(RCI trade) and had a great time! I also have a trade at Maui Lea(Maui) and Kona Coast Resort(the Big Island) for 2014 and I can't wait. For 160 points for a weekly stay in a 1 bedroom, it is actually just a couple more points than I would use for a week stay at BLT standard view in a studio during high season, which is when I travel. I could never stay for a week in a 1 bedroom at WDW for 160 points.

If you have any special requests(view, floor, etc.) DVC tells you to call the RCI timeshare directly a week before your visit. When I did that with HGVC, they honored all my requests and answered all questions I had before I got to the timeshare.
This is great information! Thank you so much for sharing your experience. I am definitely going to look into a trade in the future.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter