RCI into DVC more difficult these days?

we just got (as in last week) a Jan 2018 for SSR via RCI. we exchanged BlueGreen Points through RCI. This is my first attempt at DVC via RCI. We got RCI confirmation, but I am still waiting for Disney Confirmation. I have called Monday (3 business days after RCI) as well as yesterday. MS says they can't see reservation yet and check back next week.

is this wait normal? I check RCI account and it still has SSR confirmed in Jan 2018.
yes this is normal it may take up to 3 weeks for it to appear in Disney's inventory. I have had some that are there within 3 days while others have taken a week or more.

Not true. My exchange this past February was Standard.

If you are looking for a specific week (as the OP is) vs. being flexible: not necessarily. It depends on the week.

OP: My advice is to make backup plans.
There probably isn't a week of the year one can't get a 1 BR if you start searching 2 years out assuming sufficient trade power: but every item that reduces the chances will make a big difference. So if you will accept Friday, Sat or Sunday, have a TPU that's mid 50's or higher AND RCI points and search with both and plan 2 years out listing all resorts esp SSR AND put the settings for auto confirm; it's about as close to a lock as one can get and that includes early Dec, Xmas and Easter. Of course that could change going forward.
we just got (as in last week) a Jan 2018 for SSR via RCI. we exchanged BlueGreen Points through RCI. This is my first attempt at DVC via RCI. We got RCI confirmation, but I am still waiting for Disney Confirmation. I have called Monday (3 business days after RCI) as well as yesterday. MS says they can't see reservation yet and check back next week.

is this wait normal? I check RCI account and it still has SSR confirmed in Jan 2018.
It is, they normally get them on Tuesday but I've heard they get them on Thursday additionally some weeks. If you just got this I'd try again about Sat then again later on Tuesday.

It is, they normally get them on Tuesday but I've heard they get them on Thursday additionally some weeks. If you just got this I'd try again about Sat then again later on Tuesday.

Awesome, i forget MS is open on Saturdays as well. So used to companies being M-F (banking hours lol)

This thread is so helpful! I know there is no way to know - but if one were to prognosticate/best guess -- what are the odds of getting TWO units for the same week? We have plenty of points and are trading in through our HGVC (Hilton) points.

We have 2 RCI ongoing searches since March, for a specific week, (can't be flexable - wish we could, but...) in the beginning of May 2018 - each for a 1br or bigger. We're good with SSR, and we're good with 1br for each - just need both to be at the same resort.

I'm wondering if the odds are huge that we'll get TWO matches?

There probably isn't a week of the year one can't get a 1 BR if you start searching 2 years out assuming sufficient trade power
I've been watching the sightings forums very carefully, and have a few well-aged searches of my own looking for very particular weeks at any DVC resort. A year or two ago I would have agreed with you, but no longer.

We have 2 RCI ongoing searches since March, for a specific week, (can't be flexable - wish we could, but...) in the beginning of May 2018 - each for a 1br or bigger. We're good with SSR, and we're good with 1br for each - just need both to be at the same resort.

May is not a high-demand time. As long as you are willing to take SSR and have sufficient trade power I think you have a decent shot. However, it is also worth comparing the cost of renting a 2BR from an owner to the cost of exchanging into two 1BRs. Remember that between the exchange fees and DVC's nuisance fees, you're paying almost $900 plus the cost of the underlying timeshare assets you are relinquishing for the exchange. It probably is still cheaper to exchange, but it depends on what you are using.

You will need to be patient though. DVC is only now depositing into January or very early February.

This thread is so helpful! I know there is no way to know - but if one were to prognosticate/best guess -- what are the odds of getting TWO units for the same week? We have plenty of points and are trading in through our HGVC (Hilton) points.

With Easter being early April, I'd say your chances for SSR are very high as long as you put Fri, Sat or Sunday. Can you do a third search for a 2 BR anywhere? It's not likely to match but it'll give you a potential option. How best to structure the search depends on what's most important. If it's all or nothing, I'd list SSR only 1 BR or larger on both. If it's get one anywhere and you're OK with cash for a second, I'd list anywhere and change the search if yo match. If you're OK with matching at 2 different locations, that raises other possibilities.
I've been watching the sightings forums very carefully, and have a few well-aged searches of my own looking for very particular weeks at any DVC resort. A year or two ago I would have agreed with you, but no longer.
Clearly exchanging is, and always will be, a moving target. There are about 4 weeks of the year where exchanging in general is difficult for Orlando so I'd give you those (basically Easter/Xmas). Most people set themselves up for failure exchanging, esp to DVC.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter