• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Rate your chopsticks skills

How are your chopsticks skills?

• I am completely at home eating with chopsticks.

• I'm comfortable eating with chopsticks.

• I can use chopsticks, but I need more practice to feel comfortable

• I've tried using chopsticks a few times,

• I can't use chopsticks OR I've never tried using chopsticks

Results are only viewable after voting.
I have a friend who is chinese and she taught me how to use them when I would sleep over at her house. Im never going to be very good at it but I can now use them.

I can use them quite well. I lived in Macau (near Hong Kong) from age 6 thru 13.

If they are on the table, I use them. If they are not, then I'll just use a fork.

I like using chopsticks. My late dh and I used to have contests to see who could pick up the smallest piece of food.

Live in Hawaii...chopsticks are everywhere. I just used them to eat the sushi I got at Target, LMAO.

After I discovered a love for sushi, I taught myself the proper way to use chopsticks (The internet! It's a beautiful thing) so I could go to my favorite sushi restaurant and eat without looking like a bumbling idiot. I need more practice to really get good at it, but I can manage just fine. Chopsticks are fun! I would never ask for a fork.

Texas here :) No idea why :rolleyes1 but I just HAD to learn to use chopsticks as a teen. I think it just seemed so exotic to me. Oh and my family was racist so I wanted to tick em all off any way I could. :rotfl2: Anyhoo, once I had kids I made sure they also learned to eat with em. Hubby took a little longer to convince but he too is good with the sticks now. It's really fun to go to restaurants that offer and ask for sticks then have your whole family be good with em. The wait staff is friendlier I swear! It's almost like a respect thing I think.

I also like to cook with sticks sometimes. They just seem right in a wok ya know? I guess it's about the experience for me now. I almost think that if I had a kimono I'd wear it on Asian cuisine night LOL! Mmmmm Thai beef salad and jasmine rice, tofu and veggies, noodle soup :love: (no you don't drink the broth with chopsticks. You CAN use a spoon-they use spoons too- or simply drink from the side of the bowl)

My DD 12 will grab sticks out of the drawer instead of a fork about 30% of the time no matter what I cook at home. Think Hamburger helper cheesy mac and a kid eating it with chopsticks :lmao:

Well I guess I should mention she also is famous for using said sticks as candle lighters which is why I am constantly buying new sets of sticks..... respect, not so much with her!

l_bc080f57bf0d0c90ee8c0a7de12e2e8f.jpg

l_5e5eae4efaffdf0e7934f388baf02127.jpg

l_000db1b9ae36dc766438eccbedce2b08.jpg

I know I know, I'm sideways in this pic.... oops.

We didn't get a pic of my son cuz he ate so dern fast.

I learned as an adult comfortable with them at home and when out, unless there's slippery noodles involved!

Last edited:
My husband spent much of his teenage years in Taiwan, so no choice when I married him. Our girls learned young and if you eat out with us you Must use them. WE were in China last May and bought all kinds of special ones for family members.
I learned to cook Chinese food and I have to admit that the food doesn't taste the same with a fork!
pirate:

I started using chopsticks maybe, I don't know, 25 years ago - because my brother could... and while he thinks he's better than me ;) we've been engaged in a mild, friendly competition most of our lives.

So, while I haven't used them recently - I haven't eaten out recently - I can, and so I'm comfortable.

I love eating with Chopsticks for some reason lol.
When I was younger, we lived in San Diego and there was this Chinese restaurant called La China or something and my family seriously went there like once a week to eat so I learned pretty young. Then we moved and we weren't going to eat Chinese all the time and I sort of lost my skills for it. When I was in 4th or 5th grade I was hospitalized and this one nurse, who, for some reason, would always come talk to me when she wasn't working, (I don't remember why or how we got on the subject of Chopsticks) taught me so I left the hospital knowing how to use them again and have since :laughing:

When all else fails I use my chopsticks to stab my sweet & sour chicken like a spear. :)

I can't use them- I took my 12 year old to lunch yesterday though and he used them like he has used them forever! :confused3

I've never tried to use them since I have a very nice set of forks :rotfl:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter