• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Rate poll

Which do you thin is the better deal?

• BC, deluxe dining, 5 nights, $2300

• BC, room only, 5 nights, $1300

Results are only viewable after voting.

disneyfreak71

Even Stewie Knows......GO STEELERS!
Which do you think is a better deal.

BC, deluxe dining, 5 nights 2300.

BC, room only, 5 nights, 1300.

Thanks

Deluxe dining would just be waaay too much food for us so I would pick the room only option. As it is, the regular dining is too much food for me, so I end up giving some of my meals to DH.

Kind of hard to say....:confused3
Do you want to do room only and pay oop for your meals?
Or do you want to do the deluxe dining?
You could also do the room + regular dining for an in-between $ amount.
It all depends on what you want to do. :)

I keep confusing myself when trying to figure this out (or maybe I am just tired).

The room only ends up being $244 a night plus OOP for food.

The DDP is rack, $335 a night plus the $160 a night for dining(2 adults) plus the one day ticket at another $160. Am I on the right track figuring this out?

So, 244x5 plus 160x5 to compare the price???

If you look at the $2300 price, you have to break out whether you would spend more than $200/night for the "extras" to make it a better deal than the room only price. I would need more info to help you out.....# of people? Tickets?

2 adults, 1 day base ticket

We have chosen Narcoosees, Yachtsman, Cp package-LeCellier, Cali Grill, Rose and Crown, CRT Dinner, and a couple of 1 credit places. We have all 15 ddp credits chosen.

So based on this, which is the better deal?

2 adults x $71.99 [DxDDP] = $143.98/night x 5 = $719.90 for the DDP
2 adult x $ 79.88 [1-day base ticket] = $159.76 [includes tax]

OOP cost = $879.66 v. $1,000 on the quote....in essence, you are "over paying" by $120.34 for the "components" which breaks down to an "extra" $24.07 [rounded] per night.

If you backed the ticket price out of the $1000 [to see how much you are really paying for the meals] you have $840.24 divided by 5 nights = $168.05 [rounded]/per day [averaged] to "break even"

Now, let's look at you ADR plans, shall we?

CRT dinner = $114. 38 [2 adults]
Rose & Crown = 2 x the most expensive meal & dessert = $49.98 + $11.98, or $61.96
Narcoosee [most exp X2] = $154
The CP pack at Le Cell [assuming last years prices, top tier x2] $107.98

so far, we are at $438.32 MAX, and have yet to hit the average per night [granted, does not factor in beverages or snacks, but IMO if you are relying on those to get you over the top, it kinda says something, eh?]
YS and Cali Grill are spendy, but are they that spendy :confused3
This all is also predicated on nothing changing in your plans...a missed ressie and you are sunk for keeping up with what have already spent...and none of this includes your gratuity [so figure at 15% of $840 = $126, and will you be content to have the swanky dinners without wine, which would also be OOP...]

I'm having a hard time seeing how you are ahead to spend the extra $1,000 upfront....and still can't figure out why your quote is off by $120....so, let us know what you decide, i'm curious after playing with the numbers for you.....:goodvibes

Karlzmom,

Thank you so much for all that work. I have been pondering it all day since I booked this morning. I think it is easy to see the DDP and all you get and the excitement starts but do we really need all that. We did DDP last September and it was so hot, I truly think it kind of killed our park time. Always feeling full was not fun in the 90+ degree heat. Granted, it will not be as hot in December.

I had done some of the math myself earlier and it seemed like a good deal based upon even regular dining spots rather than all the signatures. Do we need CRT, no, Narcoossees, no...you get the point.

I am going to need to really look at this and decide some so we don't miss the room only discount.

Thanks again.

Well, we decided to do the room only....

But with a big change.

we are doing a split stay, 3 nights at BCV and 3 nights at the Poly. We wnated the Poly for the entire trip but it was not available on the 9th.

Thanks again for the help!

Since it sounds like you have an AP and you've now decided to go with the room discounts (that would have been my choice between the two for you too), you might want to consider getting the TiW card. With the meals you're describing, I can't imagine that you wouldn't save money with it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter