Rate my dining choices! First ADRS made!!

dabecs

WDW 2012, WDW 2014, DL 2017!
Well in 3 days I can make my first bookings for November:cool1: Here is my itinerary run down at the moment:

Nov 2 (Friday) - arrive

Nov 3 (Saturday) - Downtown Disney Dinner @1900 Park Fare 5:35pm

Nov 4 (Sunday) - Animal Kingdom Breakfast @ Tusker 9:15am

Nov 5 (Monday) - Epcot Lunch @ Arkershus 12:00pm

Nov 6 (Tuesday) - Magic Kingdom Dinner @ Ohana 6:30pm

Nov 7 (Wednesday) - Hollywood Studios Dinner @ Sci Fi 4:45pm

Nov 8 (Thursday) - Rest Day Breakfast @ Chef Mickey 10:00am
Dinner @ Whispering Canyon 6:20pm

Nov 9 (Friday) - Magic Kingdom Lunch @ Liberty Tree Tavern 12:30pm

Nov 10 (Saturday) - Kennedy Space Centre

Nov 11 (Sunday) - Oulet mall shopping Dinner @ Raglan Road 6:00pm

Nov 12 (Monday) - Animal Kingdom Lunch @ Yak and Yeti 1pm

Nov 13 (Tuesday) - Epcot Dinner @ Coral Reef 5:20pm

Nov 14 (Wednesday) - revisit any park we want/Rest day Dinner @ T-Rex 5pm

Nov 15 (Thursday) - Magic Kingdom Dinner @ Crystal Palace 4:30pm Mickey's VM Christmas Party

Nov 16 (Friday) - Hollywood Studios Lunch @'50s prime time 12:05pm

Nov 17 (Saturday) - Magic Kingdom Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique. Lunch @ Cinderella's Royal Table. 12:20pm

Nov 18 (Sunday) - depart

We are on the regular dining plan.

Any suggestions?:surfweb:

now dont forget the time difference..and its 6am (I think)...not midnight like I thought :headache:
places look good......:moped:

Dabecs - you are a woman after my own heart. Look at all that character dining, I love it :rotfl:. I love me some characters and a buffet :rotfl2:.

It all looks good, you will love them all I'm sure.

Karen - so what time in Australia would she need to book? I always get confused with this stuff and I only have 4 weeks until I have to do this same thing.

Thanks Karen and Ms Shuttergirl:hyper::hyper:

I am definitely going with a character overload::yes:: I love good food but I live in Melbourne so a good meal isn't hard to come by, although I hope to have some nice food it's certainly not my number one priority at wdw. And I am hoping to sneak in a nice meal or two in New York:banana:

I think 8pm here in Melbourne is 6am in Florida, but I will have to recheck before then. I have already warned hubby that I will be a no go zone that night - and that the children, dog and house are all his responsibility. Unless there is death or buckets worth of blood I don't want to know about it! :lmao:

Thanks Karen and Ms Shuttergirl:hyper::hyper:

I am definitely going with a character overload::yes:: I love good food but I live in Melbourne so a good meal isn't hard to come by, although I hope to have some nice food it's certainly not my number one priority at wdw. And I am hoping to sneak in a nice meal or two in New York:banana:

I think 8pm here in Melbourne is 6am in Florida, but I will have to recheck before then. I have already warned hubby that I will be a no go zone that night - and that the children, dog and house are all his responsibility. Unless there is death or buckets worth of blood I don't want to know about it! :lmao:

Death and buckets worth of blood :rotfl2::rotfl2::lmao:.

I love the way you think. You will definitely get some great food at some of the places you are dining. Raglan Road was so yummy, we ended up going there twice. Yum Yum Yum.

Yak & Yeti was our first meal at WDW and was delish. We enjoyed 1900 Park Fare and thought the Sci Fi Diner was heaps of fun.

I'm dying to try Ohana, it's on our list for this time also.

I'm a big fan of Sci Fi - the food is fine (nothing special) but the atmosphere/experience is unique and such fun. We loved it.

Mama Melrose was nice too, it was so much the classic , movie version of an Italian restaurant - perfect for DHS.

Good luck with your bookings!
Andona

1900 Park Fare is not at Downtown Disney. It is located at the Grand Floridian. I would hate for you to get there and waste your time hunting around DTD for the restaurant.

1900 Park Fare is not at Downtown Disney. It is located at the Grand Floridian. I would hate for you to get there and waste your time hunting around DTD for the restaurant.

Thanks, I should have made it more clear - I just meant we would be spending the first day at Downtown Disney before making our way to the Grand Floridian for dinner.

Andona - I love the look of Sci Fi, it was a must do for me:)

Ms Shuttergirl - I am really looking forward to Raglan Rd thanks to your review:) And both my girls are Irish dancers so I hope we get to see some dancing too.

I think you're going to enjoy your dining experiences. I hope you get every single ADR you're planning for.

You will have sooooo much fun at Chef Mickeys. My avatar was taken at Chef Mickeys!!

The food was just ok but the characters were AWESOME!!! It was a highlight of the trip for us.

Also Sci Fi was fun :thumbsup2

We also had dinner at Cinderella's Royal Table. We had a great table at the windows and our dinner was the same time as the fireworks and as they are right outside the window, there were no words!! :love:

Your list looks fab!!

Just letting you know you can book online. I did and had no problems. I did have to book BBB on the phone though and I see you are doing the Christmas party and Fantasmic dining so I would just do them all while I was on the phone!

My thoughts:

Tusker Breakfast - Yum and Fun!!
Ohana Dinner - Yum, Yum!!
T- Rex Dinner - Sooooo good and plentiful and fun!
Crystal Palace - we did breakfast but it was yummy and fresh
CRT - we did for breakfast and it was nice but not outstanding but we were there to eat in the Castle :cloud9:

We are doing 1900 PF for breakfast, Sci Fi for Lunch and HDDR this trip so I will let you know what we think. :thumbsup2

Good luck getting everything you want!

Thanks everyone for the lovely positive comments:goodvibes

PrincessInOz - Fingers crossed and a little bit of pixie dust when I am making the ADRS.

DisneyGirlInOz - I have heard so many bad reviews for Chef Mickeys it's nice to hear someone who liked it:woohoo: I think it is such a great idea to be able to eat and meet characters in one go!

MumFromOz - I really want to go to HDDR - seems like such an American experience. I read somewhere on the boards that it was closing for refurb but not sure from when till when. I will have to look into it in the next few days. I am certainly planning on trying my luck booking online:surfweb:

So can anyone confirm for me - on the 180th day before our trip I can book for the first 10 days? And then each day I can log in and book for the next day. So tomorrow I can book for the first 10 days, then on Sunday I can book the 11th day, Monday the 12th day etc? Is that how it works?

Hubby said I should just wait till I can book everything at once - then he remembered who he was talking too:rotfl2::lmao::rotfl2:

I did that. Booked our first ressie at 180 days. Then each day I booked what we would be doing in order. So what I'm not saying to well is each booking I made was 180 days from the date I was booking for.

Just out of curiosity, as a resort guest can't you book at 180+10 days out?

I did that. Booked our first ressie at 180 days. Then each day I booked what we would be doing in order. So what I'm not saying to well is each booking I made was 180 days from the date I was booking for.

Just out of curiosity, as a resort guest can't you book at 180+10 days out?

Thanks, that's what I thought. Staying at a resort you can book 180+10 but we are staying 16 nights:thumbsup2 so I still can't book everything at once.

Was all ready to start booking tonight but it says it doesn't recognise my confirmation number:confused3

Not sure if I am trying too early - it's 6am daylight savings time (EDT) in Florida so maybe I need it to be 6am EST which is in an hour? Or maybe I am just going to be one of the unlucky ones that has internet problems and I will have to call them.

Hopefully if I have to call and book the first 10 days I will be able to do the rest online and not have to call every day:sad2:

In the end I rang because the website never recognised my booking confirmation code.

So exciting to get nearly all the exact times I wanted - and the ones I couldn't get exactly I got within half an hour range:cool1:

Love seeing the reservation screen with my accommodation and dining ressies on it:jumping1:

It will be even better when the dining for our whole trip is booked..

Starts to feel very real!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter