Raspberries!

bobbiwoz

I'm happy to dance with you!
Does anyone else here grow them? Our most recent rain showers have been a blessing, the size of the berries doubled over the course of this week, and they are ripening beautifully. I'm not talking pints and pints, I can pick about a tea cup full every day, for about two or three weeks. Then there's another crop in the fall.

Except that you have to watch for plant runners which can overtake any area, they are so easy to grow. My original plants came from a friend's garden in Ewing NJ. I put 2 plants in a corner by the house when we moved to Ohio, and they have flourished!

You don't even have to spray for insects. However, the only 2 Japanese Beetles that I've seen so far are on one of the leaves.

Happy Gardening!

Bobbi :flower:

I planted a few raspberry vines that my friend next door gave me. Just the other day I picked a dozen or so berries. They are so yummy! I love picking food out of my garden.

Our rasberry bushes are really producing. It's taken them a few years to catch up. The weather was a blessing too. Can't wait to start picking they're loaded with berries but not ripe yet.
5.gif

We had raspberries at our old house that would grow to be the size of a large gum ball....YUM! We moved from there to here and let my DD rent the house and she did not seem to understand how to water anything so they died!! :guilty:

We visited friends yesterday that have the most wonderful yard and gardens and she offered to thin out her raspberries and strawberries and give the thinnings to me! I am so excited!! I have a round strawberry patch and I have been wanting to get raspberries going again! I love summer fruit!! Especially when you can step our your door and get it! :love:

Our raspberries are all gone. Went to pick them and there weren't any. Not one!!! :confused3 I think the birds got to them before we could :sad:
I blocked the blueberries with mesh wire and that's seems to be working.
Strawberries were fabulous this year
5.gif

mtblujeans, we have a round tiered strawberry patch too. Works very well for us after years of having them roam around all over. It started out as the kind with the sprinkler attatchment but we broke that pretty quickly.Now we just water the old fashioned way.

My strawberry patch isn't filling in as fast as I had hoped it would. I keep adding to it and the berries are great, but it does not shoot out as much as I had hoped. Maybe because the plants are all so 'young'? :confused3

I have ALOT of trouble with that sprinkler that came with the kit and I frequently have to water mine by hand, too!

You are the only person I know of that has a round, tiered patch like mine. People say they have never seen anything like it! :teeth:

bought property with tons and tons and tons of blackberries and black raspberries. made my first berry pie.

as for the strawberries I am growing...none what so every

I just LOVE snacking in my garden. The berries have been great this year. The fairly dry summer has made them sooooo sweet!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter