Rapunzel's Tower???

kamik86

DIS Veteran
I was just at Disney for the past week (BTW the new fantasy land is awesome... being their for the opening ceremony was really cool)

Anyway the reason for this post. DH and I got on the liberty boat and went up to the top deck. From there looking over at the haunted mansion we could see what had to be Rapunzel's tower. It seems to be in the area by small world and Peter Pan that was an old ride and has lately just been stroller parking. However I hadn't heard anything about this...

So is it really Rapunzel's tower? What is going to be there?

I have pictures of it but don't have them off my camera yet. I'll try to post them a bit later.

So is it really Rapunzel's tower?

What is going to be there?

Yes.

New restroom area between Fantasyland (small world and Peter Pan)
and Liberty Square (Haunted Mansion, Riverboat, and Columbia Harbor House.)

The area may also offer a new Rapunzel Meet and Greet, but that's still suffering from conflicting reports.

We asked a cast member in that area and they said it was going to be a meet and greet area.

sokerfrog said:
We asked a cast member in that area and they said it was going to be a meet and greet area.

I don't doubt it, but this is still a rumor though.

I would expect there to be one honestly... I mean why make rapunzel's tower and then have people meet her somewhere else?

Well...

I can think of THIS-

castle.jpg

But, the official Cinderella Meet & Greet is at the Main Street Theater.

;)

Meet and Greet AND restrooms??

It is going to be restrooms. We did lunch with an Imagineer and she definitely said restrooms.

I'm still hoping for some sort of QS with the Fuzzy Duckling :thumbsup2
Tangled is one of our favorites, I'd hate for there only to be a restroom dedicated to Rapunzel & Eugene (and possibly a meet & greet)!

Robo said:
Well...

I can think of THIS-

;)

That's funny. I never thought about it that way.

Well...

I can think of THIS-

castle.jpg

;)

True but you can still meet Cinderella in CRT... Its not like the castle is just bathrooms or a gift shop and nothing else.

True but you can still meet Cinderella in CRT... Its not like the castle is just bathrooms or a gift shop and nothing else.

Now, maybe. But for a long time the restaurant there didn't feature Cinderella and wasn't even named for a character in her Cinderella story. It was King Stefan's Banquet Hall (he's Sleeping Beauty's father).

We just got back yesterday. To us, it looked like the building being built below the tower was the Snuggly Duckling.

AlohaPolynesian said:
Womp womp. Am I the only person who doesn't really like Rapunzel?

Seems to me you might enjoy the new facilities more than most then. ;)

I'm sure you are not alone.

However, I liked Tangled almost as much as I do any of the old Disney classics.

I think it may have to do with the fact that I am a 25 year old female. AKA - I just keep thinking of Rapunzel as Mandy Moore the whole time since I grew up when she was popular. Not that I dislike her, I just didn't feel connected to the character as much or something. It was a cute movie, I just can't believe how popular it is! I liked Princess & the Frog better and wish there was more Tiana stuff at the park.

Seems to me you might enjoy the new facilities more than most then. ;)

Haha!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter