Rapunzel @ Akershus?

Sometimes they can swap princesses around when one of them gets sick with the royal flu. I know Aurora has been in Belle's place before. Perhaps one of the lovely ladies had to be taken away by ambulance coach to the hospital tower to recover.

We just ate there for dinner this past Saturday night (6/2). Rapunzel was not there.

We took a picture with Belle before dinner. Ariel, Snow White, Cinderella, and Aurora came to our table.

This is when I was there, too. It was SO much fun, but no Rapunzel.

Rupunzel has NEVER been at any princess meal. Nor are there currently any plans to add her. Sorry!

One report of Rapunzel being present, and four others, two more recent, that she was not there.

I think there's a few possibilities:

Rapunzel is in training for a regular appearance there;
Rapunzel was a temporary substitute;
The original reporter's father mistook Aurora for Rapunzel;
She's there, but they just don't have her there every day or for every meal.

Without more reports, nobody can assume they're going to see Rapunzel at Akershus - probably best at this point not to get the kids' hopes up.

we had breakfast there three weeks ago and she wasnt on the line up...we had a great time anyways..
Belle was the photo op at the beginning..
Then Cinderella, snow white, Princess Aurora...Ariel...we had a great breakfast and the interaction was fabulous...our granddaughter had smiles on her face the whole time

One report of Rapunzel being present, and four others, two more recent, that she was not there.

I think there's a few possibilities:

Rapunzel is in training for a regular appearance there;
Rapunzel was a temporary substitute;
The original reporter's father mistook Aurora for Rapunzel;
She's there, but they just don't have her there every day or for every meal.

Without more reports, nobody can assume they're going to see Rapunzel at Akershus - probably best at this point not to get the kids' hopes up.

Actually she has never appeared at Akershus. I work there 5 days a week and know for a fact she's never been there. It was most likely the father who possibly saw her probably saw aurora and mistook her for Rapunzel as you said.

Actually she has never appeared at Akershus. I work there 5 days a week and know for a fact she's never been there. It was most likely the father who possibly saw her probably saw aurora and mistook her for Rapunzel as you said.

Thanks for chiming in on this. I wasn’t counting on seeing her or anything. Our touring plan has us done with MK before the day of our reservation at Akershus, so as much as I’d love to avoid the line at MK, I wasn’t going to be taking any chances. Already denied my dd twice due to that line. But our touring plan is more flexible this time.

I do have a handmade character meal autograph book though that I was trying to figure out how to make an adjustment to before I get it bound. I was more worried they’d get rid of one of the ones that was already there.

Perhaps they will get Rapunzel set up in the interior fast pass eligible Princess Meet and Greet at MK in time for our trip and some others coming up. There’s talk of switching her in for Aurora to cut down on the crowd at her current location. I think June 24th was the date floating around.

Perhaps they will get Rapunzel set up in the interior fast pass eligible Princess Meet and Greet at MK in time for our trip and some others coming up. There’s talk of switching her in for Aurora to cut down on the crowd at her current location. I think June 24th was the date floating around.

I really hope this is true because we will have one afternoon at the end of this month at MK and I'm hoping to see Merida and Rapunzel.

Also, I kind of wonder if they would really put Rapunzel in a restaurant before Tiana. I mean I've seen pictures where Jasmine is a replacement but I've never seen her myself either. Does Disney ever think that they might be able to create another CRT by making another restaurant a place where you could meet Tiana, Jasmine, Rapunzel and maybe one other princess type character?

It would be nice if they split the princesses up and CRT had Cindy, Snow White, Aurora, Rapunzel, and Ariel and Akershus had Jasmine, Mulan, Belle, Tiana, and Merida or something like that. More people would go to both to see all the princesses.

It would be nice if they split the princesses up and CRT had Cindy, Snow White, Aurora, Rapunzel, and Ariel and Akershus had Jasmine, Mulan, Belle, Tiana, and Merida or something like that. More people would go to both to see all the princesses.

While I did not enjoy every aspect of our one trip to Ankershus, I would be more willing to go back if it was different from CRT. And I'm sure it would be true for others who don't care for CRT.

I would love to have Rapunzel at Royal Akehurst - my daughter would be in her glory! We took her there in 2010 and she loved it. Although I have to say I was surprised to see Mary Poppins there, is she really considered a princess??:confused:

I would love to have Rapunzel at Royal Akehurst - my daughter would be in her glory! We took her there in 2010 and she loved it. Although I have to say I was surprised to see Mary Poppins there, is she really considered a princess??:confused:

Yep. She's practically perfect in every way. ;)

This is our first trip doing both meals and I don’t expect it to be a regular thing. We did Akershus our first trip because it was 1 credit and CRT was 2. This time though we have 9 TS credits and even after putting in the meals dd wanted, the ones I wanted (there was some overlap) and a couple just for ds we still had 2 credits and that was when I decided to book CRT for after dd's BBB makeover and have breakfast at Akershus the next morning...kind of a way to maximize what we get out of the princess hair before it's gone.

From what I have read though, one of the problems with putting Tiana in a restaurant could be the size of her dress. It is really wide compared to the others.

DSCN3767.jpg

This is our first trip doing both meals and I don’t expect it to be a regular thing. We did Akershus our first trip because it was 1 credit and CRT was 2. This time though we have 9 TS credits and even after putting in the meals dd wanted, the ones I wanted (there was some overlap) and a couple just for ds we still had 2 credits and that was when I decided to book CRT for after dd's BBB makeover and have breakfast at Akershus the next morning...kind of a way to maximize what we get out of the princess hair before it's gone.

From what I have read though, one of the problems with putting Tiana in a restaurant could be the size of her dress. It is really wide compared to the others.

DSCN3767.jpg

I agree, as that's one reason Belle doesn't wander around in her yellow dress at CRT. However, they could make her the picture before you eat at Ankershus.

I think the idea of different princesses being at CRT and Akershaus is a wonderful idea. Does anyone have any connections in making that happen? :goodvibes

I think the idea of different princesses being at CRT and Akershaus is a wonderful idea. Does anyone have any connections in making that happen? :goodvibes

They used to have Mulan and jasmine at akershus but too many guests complained that their favorites weren't there so they just standardized it assuming that most guests would eat at either akershus or CRT and get to see the most popular princesses either way. So unfortunately the masses have spoken here and guest feedback has already won out. It's a popularity contest. As for Rapunzel, I'd imagine they don't want all that pretty hair around plates of food and messy patrons.

Awww, well I hope one day they really will have a meal that you could meet her at! :goodvibes

They used to have Mulan and jasmine at akershus but too many guests complained that their favorites weren't there so they just standardized it assuming that most guests would eat at either akershus or CRT and get to see the most popular princesses either way. So unfortunately the masses have spoken here and guest feedback has already won out. It's a popularity contest. As for Rapunzel, I'd imagine they don't want all that pretty hair around plates of food and messy patrons.

We really enjoy when Mulan and Jasmine are there to change it up. DH is always disappointed when the stick Mary Poppins in since we always have breakfast at 1900 Park Fare.

Of course if Rapunzel was just represented as herself at the end of the film then her hair wouldn't be endangering anyone's plates. ;) I'd personally prefer to see her represented that way, as I wish the Beast were presented as his non-beast self. It's always struck me as odd to have character meets be different from the film finales.

Of course if Rapunzel was just represented as herself at the end of the film then her hair wouldn't be endangering anyone's plates. ;) I'd personally prefer to see her represented that way, as I wish the Beast were presented as his non-beast self. It's always struck me as odd to have character meets be different from the film finales.

My daughter said something about this too. When she saw pictures of Rapunzel meeting guests online she was like, “How did that happen? I thought Flynn cut her hair at the end of the movie.” :lmao: Love how she is still so innocent after all she's been through.

Guess the short hair isn't magical. Oh wait, that was why he cut it off. :rotfl:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter