RAPstar's First Disney trip in 10 years (Sept. 2010 PTR) Whoops! & *FINAL* ADRs 9/20

RAPstar

Proud Redhead
So, I debated whether or not to start a PTR simply due to the fact that with my luck something will happen where I have to cancel my trip at the last minute...........but unless my car literally explodes, or I get fired (again, more on that to come), I figured I'd throw caution to the wind....which is kinda hard cause caution is heavy, caution could definitely use some Jenny Craig. But I digest. (That's a Family Guy reference so you know and won't think I'm dumb :goodvibes).

So, anywho, I guess I better introduce myself!

5575_140114558032_506898032_3165-1.jpg

Yes, that's me. I'm Robert, though those crazy folks over at the Universal board (that were hanging there before Harry Potter invaded) know me as Andy. Or Hubert if you're a Canadian. :rolleyes1 Its a long story.

I've kinda been a Disney fan since birth. I think I even had Mickey ears when I came out of the womb. But that's just my theory. I can still remember seein "Oliver & Co." and "The Little Mermaid" in theaters with my grandma. I love it. My first trip was sometime around WDW's 20th anniversary which some banners in the background were proclaiming in a few of the pics from that trip. (I think. It's been a while since I've looked at those pics since there at my, dad's house in Houston). I do remember the Ninja Turtles being at (what was) MGM if that helps those of you who need a reference point. Anywho, I loved that trip, and wished to go again after it. But that didn't happen till my little brother was born and old enough to go (late 90's). We enjoyed that trip so much, we went the next 2 years after. Then my family got bored. Stupid family. They didn't even like Epcot!! I must be adopted or something........oh wait I was. hahahahaha :rotfl:

So, skip a few years and its 2008 and I get the idea to go to Disney World. Yay! Except I change my mind and go to Universal. Wait, huh? But I did spend one day at Epcot, which didn't satisfy my need for the House of Mouse. So I vowed that the following year I will go to Disney, for my birthday, to get in free that one day, or get the 2nd option for those that already purchased a ticket. Except, I change my mind and rescheduled my trip to go to HHN at Universal instead. "Blasphemy!" you declare. Sad, but true. But I had a blasty blast both trips, and the long sordid stories can be seen in my first two TR's. More drama on this trip to come!!

As for the picture, I kinda have an obsession with capes. It probably started with my obsession with Batman. Best. Superhero. Ever? Yes, I think so.

So, long story short (Too late! God, I love Clue the Movie), I'm crazy. And I love Disney. More to come.

Okay, the picture with the cape was enough. I'm in. :lmao:

And hello? You quoted Clue! That automatically makes this post full of WIN!!! :worship:

I must admit I don't understand choosing to go to Universal TWICE over Disney, but you've obviously seen the error in your ways so I'll let it slide. ;)

Can't wait to hear more about your trip! Give us the deets, man! popcorn::

Batman is indeed the best superhero ever!! And capes are probably the most fantastic thing ever.. just saying. And I'm here! By the way, love the picture.

So, I really shouldn't be updating this at work......but we're super slow. lol

The Drama. Oh, the drama
The Whole Sordid Story of 2010....so far

So this actually starts in 2009. I get back from my HHN trip, and vacation depression hits. Hard. Coupled with getting a ticket as soon as I get back, plus a sinus infection and work drama, lets just say I was a mess. Which is putting it lightly. I struggle mightily to overcome it. What do I do you ask? Start planning a trip for the following year. Which didn't start until Dec/Jan.

I wasn't supposed to do a trip this year, cause my mother forbade me. Which never works, and really she should be used to it.....which she kinda is I think by now. :rotfl: Anywho, I get the bright idear to do the trip as cheaply as possible only using my Christmas money and 2009 tax return. Um......yea, that didn't happen. I start looking at how much money I could put back each check and realize that I could do this trip in grand style. Not only could I do Pop with Deluxe dining, I would have plenty of shopping money. Then I get the 20/30/40 PIN in my email. So, I'm like, who needs deluxe dining when you can stay at the AKL?! But that's still kinda out of my price range, so I switch back to POP and DxDP. I'm a ways from 180 days, but I want to have a plan for when it comes around. So I casually start making ADR plans for which day and what time. Which then turns into 2 notebooks full of plans. Yea......that's a bit much even by my standards. I keep thinking and I reazlize if I just do regular dining, I can still eat at most of the places I want and still do maybe one or 2 signature dining places with the money I'm saving.

So that works out well......for a little bit at least. Then, I get fired. :headache: Well, there goes that plan. Already bought my plane tickets, so that's $200 I can't get back, but at least Disney will refund me what I've paid already, minus trip insurance. So at least I'll get most of my bills paid until I find a job. Which I did like a month later. Go me! But I'm only "part-time" (but full time in the summer since that's when they're busier. Oh, I work for AAA if you're curious. No, I can't get you a Diamond Parking pass).

Anywho, months go by, I'm enjoying my job, and thinking about the following year when I should be full time. But I still have my plane ticket. It keeps nagging at me. I know from past experinces I can cancel and then pay extra to reschedule it for the following year. So I plan on doing that......for a while at least. Then about a week ago, something made me think. Its such a hassel to try to cancel and reschedule that ticket. Plus they charge so much for the fees. Plus I'd been doing a lot of driving to other offices to help out, and get paid for that mileage. Maybe with that "extra" money, I could do a super cheap trip just to get away and relax after all the hardships I've had to deal with this year?

I do some research on Hotwire and hotels.com to see what deals are available, and there are some pretty cheap rates out there (found one as low as $19 per night). This could possibly work! So I go to the Trip Advisor website to check out some of the hotels I saw, or thought they might be in Hotwire's case, and all of them have mixed to negative reviews. And reports of roaches. Ew. No way. Sorry, mom, I need something better, even though I really shouldn't be going in the first place. :sad2: Then I notice the baner advert on one of the websites. What's that say? 40% off? At a Disney hotel? Must investigate!!

I did, and found that even 30% at a value is pretty decent. And really I'm just using this trip to relax so I don't need to actually go to the parks. Or at least not for the entire trip (I kidded myself). So I look into going to the POP. No rooms. Maybe, since I'm not going to the parks (yeah, right), I could afford a lil bit more and do a moderate. No rooms....except the cabins which are too much for me. Well, I guess I'll do an All Star. Only availble were Sports and Movies. Hmmmmm, while I love the theming at the Movies more, if I do decide to go to the Sports, I keep hearing the bus picks up more there, and I can still go swim at the Movies. So, let's do that! I make my deposit and bask in the glow of an upcoming trip. Then I look at about how much money I could save for some food and maybe like a 2 day ticket. Well, if I get a ticket for my entire trip.....its really not that much more than a 2 day. Sorta. And I can put back enough to eat that week, if I do it somewhat cheaply. Might as well!!

So here we are. 8 days/7 nights at ASSports, with me waiting for expense checks to get tickets. My car's check engine light comes on. :headache: I don't care. I'm going to Florida no matter what.......and hopefully its nothing major with my car (keep your fingers crossed on that one!). So......yay! :yay:

Ha, the picture sucked me in too. :rotfl: Can't wait to hear more about your future Disney exploits.

Welcome!
Batman is indeed the best superhero ever!! And capes are probably the most fantastic thing ever.. just saying. And I'm here! By the way, love the picture.

He really is!! I wish Disney sold capes, that would be faboo. I literally cannot leave Six Flags without getting one......yet they never have a Batman one when I want one. Go figure!

Yay ... another pre-trippie from Hubert!!! :banana:

Yay!! It's Bon Bon!! Glad you could make it!

The last time I was in Disney was 13years ago! My car did die so we had to cancel our Aug. trip but with early tax refund,birthday money and whatever else I can scrap together I plan on going in Feb.I cannot wait to read more on your plans and dining choices .Sendingpixiedust:pixiedust:pixiedust::shamrock::shamrock::shamrock: I am crossing all my fingers and toes that evrtything works out for your trip:)

So, anywho, I guess I better introduce myself!

Yes, that's me. I'm Robert, though those crazy folks over at the Universal board (that were hanging there before Harry Potter invaded) know me as Andy. Or Hubert if you're a Canadian. :rolleyes1 Its a long story.
:crazy2::crazy2: who you calling crazy!!??

The last time I was in Disney was 13years ago! My car did die so we had to cancel our Aug. trip but with early tax refund,birthday money and whatever else I can scrap together I plan on going in Feb.I cannot wait to read more on your plans and dining choices .Sendingpixiedust:pixiedust:pixiedust::shamrock::shamrock::shamrock: I am crossing all my fingers and toes that evrtything works out for your trip:)

Yea, I'm going no matter what. Luckily, my car issue seems to be with the gas cap (hopefully). Keep everything crossed for me though!! Thanks for joining. I'll probably update soon with my plans as of now later in the week or next week (have to space things out or I'll run out of things to talk about).

:crazy2::crazy2: who you calling crazy!!??

I'm calling you crazy.......crazy!! :hug:

Random Pic (of my newest cape):

100_2216.jpg

Is that a pink cape??? Awesome!!!!

Oh, and nice to see I'm not the only one who works on their PTR at work. I mean, uh...I don't do that. :rolleyes1

Is that a pink cape??? Awesome!!!!

Oh, and nice to see I'm not the only one who works on their PTR at work. I mean, uh...I don't do that. :rolleyes1

I know, right?! They didn't have a Batman cape (yet again) and I already had the regular Superman one. So I was like "Must have that one!"

Hey! I came here to check out your PTR cause I figured, if someone is cool enough to enjoy my TR, their own TR is probably awesome! AAAAAAND I was right, yay! Sorry you had to go through all that BS, but that will just make your trip that much better. Working at AAA must be awesome though, you must get discounts on a lot of great stuff.

I enjoy your cape obsession! And yes, Batman is by far the best. ;)

Can't wait to read more!!

Yay new people!! Not so much an update on the trip tonight, but went and saw Toy Story 3 again tonight (3rd time.....and I still cried!!!), and my best friend bought me an uber late birthday present:

001-1.jpg

Darth Panda!!!! And yes he is wearing sparkly shoes, what of it?! lol

002.jpg

without the helmet, to prove he's a panda

003.jpg

He's got a cape!!

005.jpg

The "family"

Just letting you know I am in! I love how even though your car check light came on, you are not caring and going forward with your Disney trip. That totally sounds like something I would do.

Just letting you know I am in! I love how even though your car check light came on, you are not caring and going forward with your Disney trip. That totally sounds like the attitude I would have. Disney or Bust!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter