RANT ALERT Park Manners

Continuing with bus drama... Put kids on your lap!! I have seen buses nearly bursting at the seams and kids sprawled across multiple seats. Having rode with a sleeping 5 year old on my lap and a backpack on my back, I know it's not always comfortable. But, I also know that it allows someone else to sit with their sleeping child rather than try to stand and balance themselves and 40lbs of sleeping weight.

Continuing with bus drama... Put kids on your lap!! I have seen buses nearly bursting at the seams and kids sprawled across multiple seats. Having rode with a sleeping 5 year old on my lap and a backpack on my back, I know it's not always comfortable. But, I also know that it allows someone else to sit with their sleeping child rather than try to stand and balance themselves and 40lbs of sleeping weight.

What you don't understand is that some of us have Chronic Fatigued Lap Syndrome (CFLS) and get really tired if we have to hold someone on our lap for any period if time. Please try to show some understanding before rushing to judge, because you don't know my life.

I don't know if this counts or not, but I get really annoyed when I see people that have been excessively drinking at Epcot. I was meeting Jasmine, one of my favorite princesses, and a loud, rowdy group of men started shouted very inappropriate things to her, basically things like, "You're so hot." :mad: She looked very much annoyed and actually broke character for a little bit. I felt so bad for her! I've had other unfortunate encounters with people like this, but this one was the worst. :crazy2::crazy2::crazy2:

What you don't understand is that some of us have Chronic Fatigued Lap Syndrome (CFLS) and get really tired if we have to hold someone on our lap for any period if time. Please try to show some understanding before rushing to judge, because you don't know my life.

You joke but there are times when I have been walking the parks all day that it would be very painful to have someone sitting on my lap. And there are people with conditions such as Fibromylagia where it can be very painful to have someone sitting on your lap. So no, you truly don't know. And it is much nicer to give people the benefit of the doubt that to walk around judging everyone.

Btw, the last big trip I held my 16 year old niece on my lap so that someone could have a seat. I'll take any chance I can to hold them, when I am able to.

Ha Ha rare you referring to the passing of wind?? Let me tell you I have and the other night when we were at MK my DH wanted to do that so badly because of people getting in his space but he was afraid that more than wind would have happened (is that TMI?) It's just so frustrating when people push in between your legs !

DH would have done it anyhow, then announced that he over trusted his fart. He's horrible to take in public. I tell him he just needs to wear his bib overalls and play a banjo, they will forgive him.

:rotfl2:

So many sensitive comments! One of the pieces I mentioned was kids laying across multiple seats. I am well aware that there may be extenuating circumstances from time to time but by no means does it apply to everyone.

This post as a whole was intended for general reference rather than calling out a specific person. I think primarily it is intended to bring things to people's awareness as a whole.

DH would have done it anyhow, then announced that he over trusted his fart. He's horrible to take in public. I tell him he just needs to wear his bib overalls and play a banjo, they will forgive him.

:rotfl2:

Well, this makes me have to tell my funniest Disney story! Not that I condone my family doing it in public, but sometimes it just happens. The first time I took my oldest son to Disney he was 7. We were waiting for the Spectromagic parade and sitting on the sidewalk. He accidentally let one "slip" and it rippled on the pavement. We would have just let it go, but there was a young teenager with Down syndrome in front of us, and he was highly upset. He whispered to his mom, "He farted." His mom tried to quieten him down and said "shhh," which really upset him, so he stood up, pointed at my son and yelled "he farted, he farted!" Then he ran up the street yelling this. His mother had to chase him down. I was so embarrassed but cracking up at the same time. That's a memory me and my now 30-year-old son will never forget!

Well, this makes me have to tell my funniest Disney story! Not that I condone my family doing it in public, but sometimes it just happens. The first time I took my oldest son to Disney he was 7. We were waiting for the Spectromagic parade and sitting on the sidewalk. He accidentally let one "slip" and it rippled on the pavement. We would have just let it go, but there was a young teenager with Down syndrome in front of us, and he was highly upset. He whispered to his mom, "He farted." His mom tried to quieten him down and said "shhh," which really upset him, so he stood up, pointed at my son and yelled "he farted, he farted!" Then he ran up the street yelling this. His mother had to chase him down. I was so embarrassed but cracking up at the same time. That's a memory me and my now 30-year-old son will never forget!

This made me laugh so hard! How embarrassing for your son. I would have been cracking up too

One of my biggest pet peeves is that I like to meet the characters as much as the kids do and I wait in the lines to do this but there is always some parent complaining that a adult is holding up the line so her children cant see the character faster and what does a adult need to meet Mickeymouse for anyway.
I went to Disney the first time when I was about seven years old and I have pictures of me and my brother as kids with many characters my parents took us when we were kids two years in a row and then again when I was in high school. my mom died when I was 21 and my dad died when I was 23. to me getting in line to see the characters makes me feel very happy I know I am a adult but I waited in line to see the characters please do not make rude comments because you think I should step aside so your kids can meet the characters a little faster I have a right to do this as well. it makes me feel close to my mom and dad and brings back happy memories of our great family vacations.

not to mention I am crazy about mickeymouse.

Oh, this gets me too! I didn't get to go to WDW as a kid and I am making up for it now, in my 50s. I have heard the remarks too, that I am "taking up" a place in line, or a table at Chef Mickey, that a child has now been "deprived of". Do these young parents expect that when their kids are grown and gone, they themselves will stop visiting Disney? I bet they have never thought about it that way.

I wait my turn to meet characters in resturants or in meet and greet lines, and like some previous posters have mentioned, I want my minute with them, with just me and Minnie Mouse, or whoever it is, in the photo. I know kids get excited and especially the little ones just run to the character while someone else is trying to have a picture taken.Their folks usually retrieve them pretty quickly, and its cute. But there are some tweens and teens that do this too, and Mom and Dad just start laughing at them and snapping pictures. Please don't photobomb me or squeeze in on the other side of Minnie, as I want her whole body in the picture and I'm not that creative to photoshop you out. :rotfl:

The fart story was hysterical I let one slip once and it brought tears to your eyes. Thank goodness there was a service dog next to me that I blamed.

So many sensitive comments! One of the pieces I mentioned was kids laying across multiple seats. I am well aware that there may be extenuating circumstances from time to time but by no means does it apply to everyone.

This post as a whole was intended for general reference rather than calling out a specific person. I think primarily it is intended to bring things to people's awareness as a whole.

I have been thinking this exact thing while reading through all the posts. I also took it to be an "in general" type of thing and the original post was entitled "RANT". People rush in to defend and explain their circumstances and the debates begin. No need to take it so personally. And no need to shame people into being more politically correct either.

For instance, if the rant is about people not giving up bus seats, and if you are someone who does NOT abuse this, who does NOT have their shopping bag on the seat next to you, or someone who does NOT allow your DD to let her stuffed Duffy take up a seat on a full bus, then it does not apply to you. No need to get yourself upset. There are almost always exceptions and reasons for every circumstance we see. If you are doing what you are supposed to be doing, and not knowingly taking advantage of others, try not to worry too much about opinions on this board or while at the park.

This is hilarious. My DH has taught the kids that passing gas is natural :rolleyes:. So, you can imagine what life is like for me. Even my sweet little princess will toot, announce it, and laugh hysterically.

My biggest pet peeves are people trying to cut in line! AtcAK, after waiting in line for 10 minutes, I usually ended up talking to the gentleman in front of me and I started up a conversation about our missing photos. When he was being served and I was next to be served after him, I noticed some kids starting to look at some merchandise by the counter, and then their mother came by to stand next to them. Another CM came to start helping and said she'd help whoever was next, so I stepped up to the counter. The mother of those kids piped up and said she was in line and that she was next. Well there was no way I was going to let her cut in front of me. I told her I was next after the gentleman still at the counter and that she had to wait her turn.

Right after that incident we had to wait for the trolleys to take us to parking. We were waiting in the row so we could get the ones with two seats facing each other. When the trolley came to let people on, a man came around from another row to try and get the seats. This time, my husband was the one to say No and that we were in the correct section, and that he needed to go to where he was waiting with his family. I didn't see it happen...

While waiting for all to be loaded, I mentioned to my husband that the lady that tried to cut me in line was on the trolley with us. He turned around and was disgusted because it was her husband that tried to cut in line for the seats.

I just don't get why if there's a line of 40+ people and a scooter rolls up 10 seconds before the bus arrives and they get to get on. They should have to wait just like everyone else period. There are people that could have disabilities and not use a scooter and wait in line, they along with everyone else don't deserve to have to wait longer.

You know I would understand this attitude better if the busses weren't the one place in the park where those who are scooter bound "come out ahead".

Those in scooters quite often have to wait a lot longer for rides, because they have to wait for the 1 or 2 cars that can accommodate them, while they watch many who came to the line after them get on and off the ride while they still wait.

They get stuck in the back of all shows (the worst seats in the house) because that is the only place they can sit. They have to wait for those shows if the back row is filled, while an entire theater of ambulatory people can move around them, even after showing up after they did.

The lucky few who can transfer, get stuck waiting for seemingly endless rivers of people to stream past them once they do go pick up their scooter because those walking past them don't notice them, or just don't care so they have to wait for EVERYONE to leave before they can.

And I know there's more - but I've made my point so there's no need to go further. If they get a break at the busses? I'd say that still doesn't put them even close to breaking even.

Maybe its just me not letting stuff get to me, or the fact that my 4 weekly trips a year have just been super lucky but I never experience half the stuff people mention. I do believe they happen I guess I just am just so excited about where I am I fail to see everything around me :goodvibes

Neither have I, but then I don't ride the bus. ;)

For so many people obsessed with manners and propriety, how about a little tolerance?

It must be really something to have been elected as the ultimate judge of all people and exactly how everyone should behave and when. I can't imagine the pressure.

Too bad, it seems, that you missed a couple lessons in humility and humanity yourselves.

You do see the irony in this post right?

that really doesn't sound anything different to the american cheer squads :cheer2: in december, except you can understand every crude and annoying thing they say in english.....teen girls the world over are annoying...regardless of where they come from.

To be fair it isn't just the teen girls - the teen boys aren't exactly saints either.

My one trip to Disney with a scooter did seem to work out a little (not a lot) in favor of the scooter. We had to wait for some rides (like the jungle cruise ) but got in way ahead on others like Peter Pan. We also got a prime viewing spot for Wishes. I has just broken 2 ribs, so the scooter was a must.

I will say taking the stares from people who assumed I was faking it added to the inconvenience of the scooter. I will also say that CMs changed their instructions for me when they saw me get off the scooter and put my arms around hubby's shoulders.

Since I usually walk miles and miles with foot pain...I'll say this. If ranking how to go (like a disboards thread ranking hotels or attractions) you could say this:

Best way to go ...being fit and able bodied. You are on the go from park open to park close, walking miles and miles without the first thought about your feet, knees, or back.

2nd best - using a scooter to make your trip doable and enjoyable for everybody, but not having an ongoing debilitating illness.

3rd way -- not being able bodied, but not needing or not breaking down and renting the scooter either.

4th way - having a severe on-going illness. (Nobody wants that)

I think a lot of irritation about the scooters comes from people in group 1 deciding they are instead in group 2, or folks in group 1 who doesn't know how bad it feels to be in group 3. People in groups 1 or 3 who can't tell that somebody in group 4 doesn't belong in group 1.

PS, I would love to see an hour or more wait for Soarin and say...drats! I'll see fewer attractions today and the line will be boring...not oh no! I'm not sure I can do that. Maybe if I sit and rest for 10 minutes before and after I will be ok. No, it's just not worth it. Y'all go on in. Have fun. I don't like Soarin that much anyway.

Some of the things that annoy me:

1. People who cut in line, it's really not that difficult to wait your turn. We all want to get on the ride rather quickly, but that doesn't mean we are all going to push through people so that we can get on faster. Same when we are waiting for food, we are all hungry and would like to eat.

2. Parents who think its funny when their kid misbehaves, or don't do anything when the child is clearly crying and distressed and ignores them.

3. Expecting people to give up their seat on the bus, I'm sorry but I'm not going to give up my seat for you.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter