• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Rank the Disney Hotels!!!

Well how cool that someone had their students rank them!!! I've stayed at WL and AKL and they are definitely fantastic. BC for us this year. I hope we love it, too!

Here is how I would rank the resorts I have stayed at:

#1 Poly
#2 Contemporary
#3 POR
#4 POFQ
#5 CSR
#6 ASSp
#7 ASMu
#8 Beach Club
#9 CBR

I wouldn't say there is any resort on a never go back list, but I wouldn't do CBR again unless I booked a preferred location or had a car. And to stay at the Beach Club again I would plan on using taxis quite a bit.

BWI
AK
YC
WL
Poly
AsM
CBR

Will be staying At CR CL in May 2014, hoping that will become #1

kjcs618--do you have the number of times each resort was included on a list? I think JimmyMcG was planning to use those numbers to get a baseline for all resorts.

Interesting numbers put together by the students.

I picked Poly #1 but I stayed there with a good discount during value season. When shopping for a resort, I think this list will be helpful while I determine how much I'm willing to pay for a resort. I also research what others say about the resorts and try to find out how their priorities compare to mine.

'day-day'... no, they didn't. But, I think JimmyMcG DID do that when he tallied his "percentages". He used his 'percentage' as a number of times someone ranked a resort 1st, compared to how many times they actually mentioned a resort.

'day-day'... no, they didn't. But, I think JimmyMcG DID do that when he tallied his "percentages". He used his 'percentage' as a number of times someone ranked a resort 1st, compared to how many times they actually mentioned a resort.
Thanks. I searched and found the tallies JimmyMcG put together. I hadn't realized they were already put together and even updated.:blush:

What a fun idea!

I would rank our resorts as:

1) POFQ (our favourite by far!)
2) POR
3) Poly
4) ASMu

1. Boardwalk Inn (club level) 2. Grand Floridian (royal palm club) 3. Animal Kingdom (club level) 4. Port Orleans Riverside (Dixie Landings when we stayed) 5. Yacht Club 6. Contemporary The only one I really wouldn't stay at again is the Contemporary.

Did you stay in the villas at GF? Trying to figure out where to stay? It's our first time. We have a two year old and a four year old? Any suggestions? We want to stay where the monarail is.
Thanks!!

Any suggestions on where to stay with a two and four year old? Thinking of staying at grand flo villas?? Anyone stayed there?

1 Poly - Our top choice but price keeps us away a lot

2 POFQ - we consider this our home resort. LOVE it...

3 AOA - Family suite Lion King

4 CBR - I know a lot of people don't like it we do and have never had a bad stay

5 CSR - went once not for us, doesn't feel like Disney... convention resort.

6 (10000000)POP - I know I will get flamed but never again.. I would prefer not going to having to stay here. We did not even make it one night, and had to switch resorts.

1) Dolphin - best location we have stayed in WDW, large rooms, wonderful pool

2) CR - also a great location, more expensive than the Dolphin, nice pools, on the monorail.

3) WL - nice resort, pool is just OK, bunkbed rooms, boat to MK

4) CSR - great for a moderate with a deluxe feel, price was great, pool is excellent

1. Grand Floridian
2. Beach Club
3. Boardwalk
4. Contemporary
5. Wilderness Lodge
6. Animal Kingdom Lodge

1. BLT
2. Poly (for ease of travel - was not impressed by rooms or service)
3. WL

For me it has to be monorail or the boat to MK. And I have to say it is not a vacation if there isn't a bathroom door. :)

BLT is so far above all others for me that it would take all 10 spots if possible.

This is how we have selected some of the different resorts we have stayed at but I can't really make a judgement until I actually stay at one. I thought WL was really appealing when we visited and based on reports but my opinion dropped after I actually stayed there. I can rank them on which ones are more appealing to me or I can rank them based on my actual experiences; my opinion on the overall value could come into play as well. The original post starting this thread is pretty open-ended. JimmyMcG--have you summarized anything yet?
The updated list will be coming out in a bit!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter