• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Rank the Disney Hotels!!!

1. Old Key West

2. AK

3 FW

4. WL

5. Saratoga

6. GF

These are the one we have stayed at. We also stayed ay BW but not a good one!

AKK

YC
BC
CS
POLY
POFQ
POR

Those are the only ones that we have done so far. We are not value resort people so I can not comment on those although people really seem to love POP!

1. Wilderness Lodge
2. Port Orleans French Quarter
3. Animal Kingdom Lodge
4. Port Orleans Riverside
5. Coronado Springs
6. Pop Century

Like most, these are of the resorts I have stayed at. Of all of them I would think Poly and the Beach Club would fit somewhere in them. I plan to give the BC a try next time around.

1. Polynesian
  2. Port Orleans Riverside
  3. Carribean Beach
  4. Wilderness Lodge
  5. All-Star Music
  6. All-Star Movies

BC, AK, FQ, BW, POR

All weve done.

My wife has done WL and the poly which she says nothing can beat. We did a first ever stop for dinner at cindys place and saw the Floridian. Stunning. Have to stay there.

1. Boardwalk Villas
2.Port Orleans French Quarter
3.Beach Club Villas
4.Pop Century
5.A of A
6.AK
7.All Star Music
8.CS
9.CB

Based on the stays we have had so far....

1. Beach Club Villas (It's our DVC home!)

2. Beach Club (Honeymoon!!!)

3. Villas at Wilderness Lodge (Loved at how quiet and serene it was while so close to MK!)

4. Boardwalk Villas (Our 1st DVC stay, it set our minds at ease that we made the right decision to buy into DVC!)

5. Wilderness Lodge (Like staying in a big Lincoln Log Cabin!)

6. Port Orleans Riverside (Lovely theming, loved boat to DTD, hated being so far away from the parks!)

7. Coronado Springs (Loved it just as much as Riverside, ranked below simply beacuse you need to a bus to get anywhere around the world...)

8. Animal Kingdom Lodge (Great restaurants, but I doubt we'll stay there again...)

9. Pop Century (Brought me back to my childhood after seeing some of the displays, but the rooms were waaay too small and we had a tough time falling asleep even after a few pints at Raglan Road because of a sick child next door...)

AND I WILL STAY AT EVERY RESORT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1. Beach/Yacht Club (best pool, walk to EP, boat to HS, Boardwalk)
2. Polynesian (theme, fireworks from beach, volcano pool, boat launch to MK, monorail to Ep)
3. Port Orleans Riverside (picturesque, boat to DD)
4. Wilderness Lodge (theme, close to MK)
5. Grand Floridian (close to MK, pool, grandeur)
6. Boardwalk (boardwalk, pool, walk to Ep, boat to HS)
7. Art of Animation (theme, pool)
8. Contemporary (walk to MK, monorail through bldg., monorail to Ep)

1. Coronado Springs - SO wonderfully serene and relaxing!
2. Caribbean Beach
3. Saratoga Springs
4. All-Star Music

My DW wanted to rank hers...
1. Beach
2. Poly
3. Grand
4. Yacht
5. Boardwalk
6. Wilderness
7. Port Orleans
8. Animal
9. Contemporary
10. Caribbean
11. Art

Tough to rank because all are wonderful... faves are Beach and Poly

I don't think it is absolutely necessary to actually have stayed in a resort to give it a ranking.

In talking to a lot of people, and from reading a lot of these threads, it is obvious that Many people love to roam around the grounds of various resorts.

I think it's fair to say that you can get a pretty good idea of what a resort will be like by seeing the pictures, watching the videos, talking to people about specifics of resorts, and by actually strolling the grounds.

It's basically how I figure out which resort I'm going to stay at next.

I don't think it is absolutely necessary to actually have stayed in a resort to give it a ranking.

In talking to a lot of people, and from reading a lot of these threads, it is obvious that Many people love to roam around the grounds of various resorts.

I think it's fair to say that you can get a pretty good idea of what a resort will be like by seeing the pictures, watching the videos, talking to people about specifics of resorts, and by actually strolling the grounds.

It's basically how I figure out which resort I'm going to stay at next.

This is how we have selected some of the different resorts we have stayed at but I can't really make a judgement until I actually stay at one. I thought WL was really appealing when we visited and based on reports but my opinion dropped after I actually stayed there. I can rank them on which ones are more appealing to me or I can rank them based on my actual experiences; my opinion on the overall value could come into play as well. The original post starting this thread is pretty open-ended.

JimmyMcG--have you summarized anything yet?

BWV - so much waiting for ROF on contract
GFV - this was hard since Poly is the girls second favorite
Poly
BC
POR

1. Boardwalk Inn
2. Saratoga Springs
3. Old Key West
4. Pop Century
5. All Star Resorts

1. Boardwalk Inn (club level)

2. Grand Floridian (royal palm club)

3. Animal Kingdom (club level)

4. Port Orleans Riverside (Dixie Landings when we stayed)

5. Yacht Club

6. Contemporary

The only one I really wouldn't stay at again is the Contemporary.

First of all... Thank you JimmyMcG. I loved this thread!! It was a lot of fun to see all the responses, and to see how others compared to mine.

I am a High School Math teacher, and as a mathematician, yes 'sonofanarchy' has a valid point. BUT, I also agreed with you, that while not scientific, given a large enough sampling, you could definitely get a 'feel' as to the favorites.

Second... I thought it would be a good idea to put a few of my students to good use, and to take a look at the results so far (up to reply #256)

The number of people choosing a resort as their #1...
45 Polynesian
35 Animal Kingdom Lodge
31 Wilderness Lodge
26 Boardwalk Inn
22 Beach Club
14 Yacht Club
14 Port Orleans Riverside
11 Grand Floridian
10 Old Key West
and interestingly...
36 Beach/Yacht combined
17 Port Orleans Riverside/French Quarter combined
9 Contemporary/Bay Lake Tower combined

My students also made a list for responses that were in people's "TOP 2"

70 Polynesian
56 Animal Kingdom Lodge
55 Wilderness Lodge
45 Beach Club
35 Boardwalk Inn
33 Grand Floridian
25 Yacht Club
22 Port Orleans Riverside
18 Port Orleans French Quarter
17 Contemporary
14 Old Key West
13 Bay Lake Tower
13 Coronado Springs
12 Caribbean Beach
and...
70 Beach/Yacht combined
40 Port Orleans Riverside/French Quarter combined
30 Contemporary/Bay Lake Tower combined

and for responses that made people's "TOP 3"

86 Polynesian
84 Animal Kingdom
68 Beach Club
65 Wilderness Lodge
48 Boardwalk Inn
47 Grand Floridian
36 Yacht Club
35 Port Orleans Riverside
31 Port Orleans French Quarter
29 Contemporary
21 Old Key West
21 Bay Lake Tower
20 Caribbean Beach
19 Coronado Springs
18 Saratoga Springs
17 Pop Century
8 Art of Animation
6 Fort Wilderness
6 All Stars
5 Dolphin/Swan

and if combined...
104 Beach/Yacht
66 Port Orleans Riverside/French Quarter
50 Contemporary/Bay Lake Tower

I want to say thank you again to JimmyMcG. I was surprised how many of my students were also huge Disney fans (well not surprised actually). They had just as much fun with this thread as I did.

And I want to use this space to thank them as well. They did a good job with this, and it obviously helped them appreciate the statistics involved (sampling size, etc)

And it appears the top 10 (so far) would be
1. Polynesian
2. Animal Kingdom
3. Wilderness Lodge
4. Beach Club
5. Boardwalk Inn
6. Grand Floridian
7. Yacht Club
8. Port Orleans Riverside
9. Port Orleans French Quarter
10. Contemporary

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter