Rank the Disney Hotels!!!

we haven't stayed at the values, so:
BWV
BWV
BWV ;)
BWI
(VGF will likely get this spot after we stay there)
GF/YC (a tie)
SSR
POLY/AKV/AKL (3-way tie)
FW cabins
CR
CSR
WL
BC/BCV
CBR
OKW
POR

1 - Boardwalk Inn

2 - Beach Club

3 - Coronado Springs

4 - Port Orleans French Quarter

5 - Port Orleans Riverside

6 - Caribbean Beach Resort

7 - Pop Century

This is how I would rank the resorts where I have stayed. I have stayed at some of these resorts many times.

I've tried this. It simply is impossible as most posters won't rank each resort.

By no means is my method "scientific". But I'm hoping if enough people respond, I will get a decent pool of data. True that no one will rank every resort...and I would hope not as I'm not sure how you could rank a resort you haven't stayed at...but I'm taking the AVERAGE of where people rank each hotel. Again, provided I get a large enough sample, that SHOULD be resolve that. From my initial tally, there were definitely resorts that were not stayed at as much, but were somewhat higher on people's lists. They still have as much chance to be ranked high or low using averages. The only resort I haven't received enough date to create a decent sample is Shades of Green...which would be difficult to include at this time. But regardless, I'm not looking for scientific, but rather fun!!!

I'll update the list this weekend to see if things have changed.

1 BLT - I can't really explain why I like it the most

2 BCV - It's not a Pool, It's WDW's third water park

3 GF - It's been a long time since We stayed there though

Our next trip is at BCV. But, the trip after that, we are going to try VWL. I wish the Boardwalk Inn had a different abbreviation. Every time someone ranks BWI highly, I get confused and want to post how much I like flying out of IAD better.

Of the ones I've stayed at:

1. WL: Great location, LOVE Artists Point, love the theme.
2. POR: Boat to Downtown Disney, quiet, has that 'home' feeling
3. Poly: Great family memories, Kona, fireworks on the beach. We've been priced out of staying there though :(
4. POFQ: Same as POR, without the 'home' feeling. I know its kinda one big resort, but I just don't get the same feeling there :confused3
5. CBR: Like the quiet pool in every 'island'. I'm a little biased, though. After working at CBR for half a year, I think I've had my fill :lmao:
6. POP: My fave value, love the bowling pin pool, for those go,go,go vacations.
7. CS: Nice rooms (like the door separating the bathroom), don't care for Pepper Market, don't get the Disney feel
8-10. All-Stars: I've stayed at all 3 and to me they might as well be the same. If I had a choice I would pick Music (nostalgic reasons). Still rather be there than home though!

I've stayed at:
Pop Century, OKW, BWV, SSR, POR, POFQ, AKKV, and CBR.

I've loved every trip at all of these resorts. Some of the I didn't enjoy because of noise, some because of poor mousekeeping.

I would rank my stays in this order:
AKKV- This resort was gorgeous and clean. We never heard a peep from our neighbors. Even though we didn't have a savanna view, we could still the warthog enclosure from our room. The pool was great! It did seem far from "the magic", but we loved our stay here.
SSR- We loved the room here. We got to stay in a 1-br and it was lovely. We didn't really explore the resort, but had a wonderful stay.
OKW- I love the feel of this resort. It's very laid back and all the CM's are nice. It seemed like we in Key West. It is a large resort. Our first stay here, we we're put in a room close to a bus stop, and it seems that's all we ever heard. Very loud and annoying. The next stay we made sure to request close to the main building and away from the bus stop, and we had a wonderful second stay.
BWV- The decor is lacking in the rooms, but it's been 6 or 7 years since we stayed here. The convenience of walking to Epcot was great!
POFQ- I got to stay here one night, and I loved it. The grounds we're gorgeous! To me, I thought I was in New Orleans. I never heard our neighbors, which was great!
POR- The resort is gorgeous! But here is where we had the bad mousekeeper.
Pop- I would love this resort if I didn't have to hear my neighbors conversations. I could even hear him coughing. People opening closing doors, toilets flushing, and kids running down the hallway. It's a fun resort in its defense.
CBR- we didn't have a bad stay here, it was just too large here. And the food court, to me, was really small for such a large resort. And the check in was weird. I didn't feel like I was in the Caribbean, besides the music. The pool was great!

1. Saratoga Springs- This is where we stay the most because it's where we have the DVC and I love the atmosphere of it. It's so pretty and I like that it's fairly quiet.

2. Beach Club- LOVE the location, decor, and pool

3. Yacht club- LOVE location and pool, and decor is nice but I like the beach club a little better

4. Wilderness Lodge Villas- I love the rustic feel, and I remember all the cast members being really nice

5. Wilderness lodge- Same environment as villas, but I liked the villas better

6. Fort Wilderness Cabins- I haven't stayed there in a while as we've kind of outgrown it, but I remember having so much fun there. I loved the little lake where they had a light show, not sure the name of that though. And we always had a little golf cart to drive around. It was so much fun!

7. Animal Kingdom Villas- stayed in these when they were really new. I loved the villas and the rustic feel and it was awesome to see the animals from outside the balcony. The only reason I like it less than Wilderness Lodge is location, as it is a little far from everything except AK but that's not really a big deal.

8. Animal Kingdom Lodge- same as AK villas, except I liked the villa better.

9. Grand Floridian- I really liked the style of this and taking the monorail, it was a long time ago though so I don't remember much else

10. Contemporary- liked the monorail and being right near Chef Mickey's but other than that the decor isn't really my thing

11 and 12. Port Orleans Riverside and All Star Sports- POR was the first resort I stayed in and I remember it being really nice but I liked the themes of the other ones better and I don't remember all that much, I think I was just so mesmerized with the parks and didn't pay much attention to the resort. All Star Sports was nice but small and too crowded. We actually weren't planning to stay there- we took a 10 day trip and the first 5 days were at Wilderness lodge, and the last 5 were at some off property hotel that we had gotten a REALLY great deal to stay at. Well this hotel was horrible and within 15 minutes of checking in we called Disney begging them for a room. It was Easter week and all other hotels were full and we got adjoining rooms in All Star Sports. It was nice, much nicer than the off property hotel we were supposed to stay at, but just was a little more crowded and smaller than we were used to.

These are the ones I've stayed at

1. Boardwalk inn and villas
2. Grand Floridian
3. Yacht club
4. Wilderness lodge
5. Contemporary

All great.

Then all the way down here.......

6. Poly
7. Beach club

I'd love to stay at the AKL. I'm sure it would rank higher than poly and beach.

Our list...adding AKL and Poly to it for the next trip, so I imagine it will change. :)

1. YC
2. CSR
3. OKW
4. CBR
5. SSR
6. POR
7. ASMo

Since some of these are DVC properties, my favorite properties when we don't go with my in-laws...

1. YC
2. CSR
3. CBR
4. POR
5. ASMo

Love animal kingdom lodge the most having always travelled as a couple. Now we have a young child location is too important to stay there

1. Animal Kingdom Lodge
2. Wilderness Lodge
3. Poly
4. Coronado Springs
5. Port Orleans Riverside
6. Beach Club
7. Boardwalk Inn
8. All Star Sports
9. All Star Music
10. All Star Movies
11. French Quarter

Haven't stayed in the rest yet!

1. AKV Kidani
2. Beach Club Villas
3. AKV Jambo
4. Caribbean Beach
5. Port Orleans FQ
6. Port Orleans RS
7. All Star Music

From the resorts we've stayed at...........

1. Wilderness Lodge - :worship:

2. Villas At The Wilderness Lodge - :hyper:

3. Grand Floridian - ::yes::

4. Animal Kingdom Lodge - :)

5. Saratoga Springs - :)

6. All Star Sports - :)

1. Wilderness Lodge
2. Swan/Dolphin
2. Polynesian
3. Coronado Springs
4. POP Century
5. POR

Out of the ones I've stayed at:

1. POFQ
2. BC
3. POR
4. ASMusic
5. AoA

I'm doing ASsports in March so I expect it to take over 4 or 5 and for AoA to drop to 6.

I was trying to put a POLY night on my March trip to try it out, but there just aren't any sale rooms that are available during my trip.

POLY, WL are the only other Deluxe resorts I would really like to try.
I would do CR but have no desire to stay at the GF.

I'd stay at any of the other moderates if they were the only choice. But they are huge and I'm not excited by their themes. The Cabins would be cool, but not for a solo or two person trip.

I'd stay at BW/BWV only if I couldn't get BC/YC/BCV.

I'd only stay at AKL if I had a Savannah room. This is the only resort where the view would be the deal breaker. I see no reason to stay there without an animal view.

POP and AoA are the only two that I would actively avoid. I'm not a huge fan of Huge Icon Theming, and these two are garish and not to my taste at all. The AS are a little better but the theming is why I prefer MODS. ASMusic is the most low key of the Values and that is why it's at the top of my value rankings.

1) Polynesian
2) Art of Animation
3) Port Orleans Riverside

Those are the three I've been to. But based on just looking at all the resorts, I'll give the ranks of the one's I would want to stay at...

1) Poly
2) Contemporary
3) Grand Floridian
4) Art of Animation
5) Wilderness Lodge
6) Animal Kingdom Lodge
7) POR or POFQ
The rest I'm indifferent about, but I'll say the four on the bottom are
8) Pop Century
9) All Star Movies
10) All Star Music
11) All Star Sports

The following are in order of most to least favorite of the WDW resorts we have stayed at (if it isn't on the list, I haven't stayed there):

1. Poly
2. Beach Club
3. BoardWalk Villas
4. Animal Kingdom Lodge (resort alone is my #2 but location drops it further down the list)
5. Villas at Wilderness Lodge
6. Port Orleans Riverside
7. Caribbean Beach
8. Dolphin
9. Coronado Springs
10. Disney Institute (no longer around)
11. All Star Movies

While not a WDW resort, Hilton Bonnet Creek is on property (or pretty close ;)) and I would rank it as my #3 favorite if I included it!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter