• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Raniroo's Magical Trip to Disneyland Paris - *Updated Day 5*

Thanks for all the replies and I am glad that you are enjoying the report and photos....unfortuantely today I don't have a very happy disney smile.:scared: :sad2: ....I was planning a trip to WDW in Nov/Dec and had everything booked and planned including all my ADR's....but I have had to cancel the entire trip unexpectedly and........I am absolutely devastated!!!!!.....I was so looking forward to doing 2 weeks at the World, particularly because I am already on a Disney high......

Thanks for all the replies and I am glad that you are enjoying the report and photos....unfortuantely today I don't have a very happy disney smile.:scared: :sad2: ....I was planning a trip to WDW in Nov/Dec and had everything booked and planned including all my ADR's....but I have had to cancel the entire trip unexpectedly and........I am absolutely devastated!!!!!.....I was so looking forward to doing 2 weeks at the World, particularly because I am already on a Disney high......

Awe Rani I'm am so sorry that you had to cancel your trip. It's sounds like it was pretty important to do so though and I hope everything will work out ok for you hunnie.

We're going next year and I really hope that you can plan again and go also in 2010 too xxx :hug:

Oh no! But everything for a reason....just tell yourself those 2 weeks you would have had awful weather and it would have been packed out :scared1: , and instead when you are able to rebook all will be perfect for you ;)

Loving your trip report, as the others have said you look so happy, that Disney magic is written all over your face :goodvibes

All my friends thinks it is hilarious that I sent 5 days in Disney and met all the characters and being such a big kid...they give me a hard time when they see my photos....I just smile and laugh (brings back some of the fun)..I don't think they really understand the magic of disney!

Loved reading throuth your TR so far, a solo trip to DLP is something I often think about, so relaxing to decide what you want to do for yourself. I think it´s great you treated yourself to such a great trip, staying at DLH for 5 days. And here at the DIS we totally understand your happiness;)

Today was a sad day.....it was my last at Disney...but the best thing was I had the whole day in the park before I had to leave!

I finished packing and rang concierge who would arrange to pick up my bags and put them into storage for the day....I headed off for on last breakfast in California Grill.....it was strangely quiet today, loads of guests but no characters....it was Saturday?! but I think I had my fair share of characters over the last few days, but I always love to squeeze one more in.....

Off into the park early as it was a sunnier and warmer day today and the park was filling up fast (and it was still EMH).

I went straight to Tomorrowland for my last go on Buzz, and managed a score of 118,600! I was amazed, I must of hit one of the high scoring targets by accident (but nevertheless it was still hit) and came off smiling, my aim was getting better.....

Over to Fantasyland where I wandered through the castle, down into the dungeons to visit the dragon

DSC_4254.jpg

and then decided to ride Dumbo before the lines got to long....which was fun.....

DSC_4242.jpg

I decided to spend the day taking more photos, riding a few of my favourite rides and absorbing as much as I could. I watched the Character Express Train go down main street and then followed it so I got to meet some of the characters, but it was mayhem, people pushing everyone over, it is just not on.....so I only managed to have my photo taken with Chip.

DSC_4281.jpg

I wanted to meet Piglet but that was not even an option.....couldn't get close enough....Tigger had been so swamped he had jumped the fence and was standing in the garden so people could not crowd around him....smart Tigger.....

I wandered through Adventureland and through Aladdin's Passage which I really enjoyed for something that is sort of hidden......

DSC_4293.jpg

Today the park was absolutely packed......and I wasn't coping with the crowd much today, so I headed over to Disney Village for lunch at King Ludwig's. The food was OK and the setting was very medievel, nothing to exciting.

Today Disney was celebrating St David's Day, the Welsh festival day...and there was about 8 stalls set up in the Village advertising Wales and their produce....I got chatting to a lovely lady you produced cheeses (which were absolutely delish) and chilled out for awhile.

One more walk through the Disney store before heading back into the park. I wanted to watch the 3.30pm special pre-parade, which was Minnie and Mickey dressed in traditional Welsh outfits driving down mainstreet with a special Welsh family to celebrate this great day (I come from a welsh background many generations back).

DSC_4314.jpg

I was done....I bid my farewells to the park and headed back to the hotel to grab my luggage and jump on the bus to the airport.....

Disney Paris was awesome and I am really glad that I splurged and stayed at the DLH.....it was pure magic....even for a 34 year old single girl who went solo.:dance3:

Really loved all your trip reports and so sorry you could not do WDW this year.

We were going as a group (family) but had to decide against it, long story, but do keep thinking if had booked it would have been so close now (July) oh well, there is always another year and I have got disneyland paris :lovestruc to look forward to.

Loved loved loved reading your trippie raniroo :love: - I would be the same as you on a solo trip, chasing characters the whole time :yay::yay:.

Loved loved loved reading your trippie raniroo :love: - I would be the same as you on a solo trip, chasing characters the whole time :yay::yay:.

I know its fun when sharing the magic with someone, but doing it solo is a blast....I was never embarrassed or nervous about getting in and meeting the characters and being a single rider does have its advantages:cool1:

There were a few CM's at the restaurants who were surprised when I said "for one"....and made comments about being alone in Disney, but I soon told them that it was not an issue for me...I was having fun!

Looking forward to hearing about your experience.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter