Randy Chapman and STVS Video

stevewollaston

Earning My Ears
Hi all.

Myself and my wife got married in Florida on the 29th August and what a wonderful time we had.

Our wedding had been in the planning for about two years so it seems strange now it is all over.

I would like to offer some advice for any couples planning a wedding at Disney in Florida regarding photography and videography.

In addition to our Disney package we hired Randy Chapman who most people have probably heard of anyway. He is a bit of a legend on the Disney wedding's scene and after meeting him and seeing what he has done with our wedding day it is not surprising to see why.

He has been doing Disney Weddings for around 16 years and knows Disney like the back of his hand.

We have been so pleased with the photographs which are of the highest quality and composition. We have seriously been blown away by them. Don't hesitate to book him - top guy and his work is fantastic.

The same can be said for Stan Severance at STVS video who was brilliant throughout our wedding and whilst we have only seen the sneak peak of our service so far it looks great - again he comes highly regarded and we were very impressed.

If you want high quality video and images of your perfect day that won't break the bank then I would definitely get in touch with them.

Good luck with the planning.

PS if you want a vicar then Jack Day is a legend.

I feel so great readong this. We are getting married in less than 2weeks and we contracted them both. I loved Randy and his work when we took our epics and Stan has been really nice over the phone and email. Reading your review gets me really excited to see the work they do that day. :)

STVS sent us their demo CD and this is just me, but I really dislike his angles. Does the camera have to be turned side ways all the time when filming or taking pictures? And while the bridal party is walking down the isle, it's also at an angle and from floor level (kneeling on the ground) So all you see in up everyone's noses. Does anyone understand what I'm talking about? I love their prices though plus they do web streaming so we're still going to contract them but do you know if they can just take normal video while standing up and looking at the bridal party come down the isle??? I'll have to ask them that and sorry for venting. I'm always worrying about things.

Future Mrs B

You will not be let down - they are brilliant

V Misses Epcot

I would imagine it is like any service you are paying for and you can make a request for a style you want? There were two cameras covering our ceremony and the camera angles etc were perfect. Very pleased with service and recordings.

No 'up the nose' shots...

Quality of filming is excellent.

Hi all.

Myself and my wife got married in Florida on the 29th August and what a wonderful time we had.

Our wedding had been in the planning for about two years so it seems strange now it is all over.

I would like to offer some advice for any couples planning a wedding at Disney in Florida regarding photography and videography.

In addition to our Disney package we hired Randy Chapman who most people have probably heard of anyway. He is a bit of a legend on the Disney wedding's scene and after meeting him and seeing what he has done with our wedding day it is not surprising to see why.

He has been doing Disney Weddings for around 16 years and knows Disney like the back of his hand.

We have been so pleased with the photographs which are of the highest quality and composition. We have seriously been blown away by them. Don't hesitate to book him - top guy and his work is fantastic.

The same can be said for Stan Severance at STVS video who was brilliant throughout our wedding and whilst we have only seen the sneak peak of our service so far it looks great - again he comes highly regarded and we were very impressed.

If you want high quality video and images of your perfect day that won't break the bank then I would definitely get in touch with them.

Good luck with the planning.

PS if you want a vicar then Jack Day is a legend.

Congratulations on your marriage!

I completely agree with you about Randy, it was just me and my husband at our wedding and I can hand on heart say that Randy really helped make the day perfect. Fantastic guy and a wonderful photographer.

I complete agree with Randy - he was amazing at our wedding and the pics were outstanding. Couldn't wish for a better photographer.

I also absolutely loved Randy and his work. Hiring him was one of the best decisions we made in planning our wedding, especially since we were extremely displeased with the pics by our Disney photographer.

Randy is a true artist.

Booking Randy was the first decision I made - before I even knew where we were getting married!! I can't wait for our wedding in 4 weeks and I'm really looking forward to meeting Randy.

What they all said!!! We had Randy photograph our VR and TTD session and loved loved loved him!!! He is not just an outstanding photographer (which of course he is!!!), but also a friendly, fun, helpful and thoroughly special guy!!! I quite liked him - can you tell? :lmao:
Congratulations on your wedding!! Any piccies to share?

Randy was the best decision we made for our wedding day, hands down without a doubt. I would recommend him 150%. I can't wait to have a baby so we can do a family session :)

I was not 100% impressed with STVS. Our sneak peek was fine and we liked it, but I don't think there's anything original about what/how they shoot. Every single sneak peek on their website is the same. I don't think their customer service is the best. When I raised a question, I felt like I was being 'talked down' to. We used them only because of their prices. Videography was originally not something we budgeted for. I am glad we did it, but if I were to do it again I would make room in the budget for a different vendor. Just my two cents!

STVS sent us their demo CD and this is just me, but I really dislike his angles. Does the camera have to be turned side ways all the time when filming or taking pictures? And while the bridal party is walking down the isle, it's also at an angle and from floor level (kneeling on the ground) So all you see in up everyone's noses. Does anyone understand what I'm talking about? I love their prices though plus they do web streaming so we're still going to contract them but do you know if they can just take normal video while standing up and looking at the bridal party come down the isle??? I'll have to ask them that and sorry for venting. I'm always worrying about things.

I know exactly what you are talking about!! I actually talked this over with Stan and requested that he did not shoot with those angles. Our video of the ceremony turned out wonderful and we were very pleased with his work.

We have Randy booked for our June 2012 Disney Wedding!!! We are so excited, his work is fabulous. It's like you can feel the exact emotion of the moment through his pictures. Perfect addition to our Happiliy Ever After.

We have Randy booked for our October wedding and I'm so excited to be working with him that I could burst! In all of my communication with him he has been very nice, accommodating, and knowledgeable. After seeing so much of his work on the boards here, I am confident we are going to have some gorgeous wedding pictures.

We decided not to go with Stan. His attitude did not impress me one bit. I contacted him about our ceremony. He said that he had a 3 hr package deal with Randy, since we had booked Randy. I asked him if he had any other options. He said he had many different package options and could easily be there longer. I told him that we were interested in ceremony only, so we would only need 1 hr. He told me that he has a 3 hr minimum and that it didn't matter anyway because he booked my date 2 days ago. He was just really rude throughout the whole process.

Well I can only speak from personal experience and mine is that Stan was a consumate pro, well priced, very friendly, polite and the end result fantastic.

Do you have a sneak peak or a trailer I can see? Sighs, I just heard about Jeff Stoner. AMAZING! I wish he was affordable =(

I do not have a sneak peak on my laptop. I would just contact Stan, express your concerns about the angles, and ask to see some additional sneak peeks. He has some on his website that you could check out. I'm sure mine is on there somewhere!

Can anyone give me an idea on prices? I have the one hour disney photographer but I'd like another but budget may not stretch that far!

Hi MrRomance
I posted this in the other thread you started about your upcoming surprise VR, but thought I would post it here for you too!!

If you are looking for an amazing, reasonably priced photographer, look into Randy Chapman (link below). He does a special 'Memories' collection package.

http://chapmanphotography.com/dismain.html

We have Randy and Steve booked for our November 2012 wedding!

We had our engagement session with Randy last month and they turned out great. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter