Random Thoughts on DCA, DL, and Pics From My First Club 33 Visit!

Glad you got back to enjoy the magic after your last visit. And happy to hear (and see) that you got to experience Club 33. Very kind of whomever.

As for the "autumn heat," it was RIDICULOUSLY hot for several weeks in So. Cal. Just crazy hot. It has finally broken, but it was truly the weirdest September/October weather.

- Dreams

Great trip report Hydro Guy, glad you had a healthy holiday this time. We are
staying at CCI next August for the first time . How was their breakfast and
did you take advantage of their shuttle?

You missed the rain and cold on Thursday night, sprinkled a bit through Friday as well. It sure did heat up quick though, great TR. I think I am in your picture of the Esplanade on Sunday, blue shirt, white hat, camera backpack, right side of picture.

Great report, very jealous that you got to eat at Club 33. I am trying to imagine up ways on how I can get in there for my boyfriends 30th birthday trip, which will also be our first trip! :)

Trey, first of all congrats on the club 33 score, you so deserve it ! Can you compare RSR to Test Track ? Which did you like better ? If my 73 and 78 yo parents love TT can they do RSR ?

I love CCI and will be staying there in December. The shuttle is awesome, runs as scheduled like clockwork.

Breakfast last time e were there was great. Fruit, pastries, cereal.

You missed the rain and cold on Thursday night, sprinkled a bit through Friday as well. It sure did heat up quick though, great TR. I think I am in your picture of the Esplanade on Sunday, blue shirt, white hat, camera backpack, right side of picture.
Cool!

We did breakfast pretty fast but it was generous. Yes we used the shuttle, but I missed the last one both nights and had to walk - once with DS16. We used it for morning transport and midday break back and forth both days.

blackjackdelta said:
I have been out of commision for a couple months and just getting back in to the swing of things, I always enjoy my my visits to Club 33, so much history and love the food.

Jack

Welcome back, Jack!

Thanks for the TR..what a great time and so much better than the previous visit! :)

Trey, first of all congrats on the club 33 score, you so deserve it ! Can you compare RSR to Test Track ? Which did you like better ? If my 73 and 78 yo parents love TT can they do RSR ?

Hi Judy,

The only comparison between the two, in my opinion, is that they both use the same mechanism to run the cars.

To me, it seems like 3 attractions in one. The first part is a scenic ride in the far west, then you go into the dark ride portion, which is like being in the town of Radiator Springs and seeing the characters. In the last part of the ride your car is prepped - either getting white walls or a paint detail - and then you race the other car to the finish.

The race is the fast part, and it's like driving a car - nothing like a roller coaster. You do bank a turn, though.

If your parents did Test Track, this will be no more of a thrill ride. It sure is fun, though.

Sorry, I missed this one Judy.

Even though TT and RSR have the same ride system, they are hard to compare. I like TT because of the technology theming. RSR is cool mostly because it so richly themed around Radiator Springs and the Cars movies - even though those movies were so-so for me. I don't think you can say "if you like TT you will like RSR" - or vice versa. Any more than you can about Indy vs. Dinosaur at AK. The rides feel very different and I like them both for different reasons. If I had to choose a favorite between TT and RSR I would be hard pressed. I know my final ride on RSR at night (my third ride overall) felt really cool going around the RS mountain range. So RSR is more enveloping as far as theme. But I prefer the TT theme overall to the RSR theme even though it is not quite so enveloping.

I hope you can make some sense of what I just said because I am not sure I can! :laughing:

:wizard:

got it ! Thanks to both of you. I am taking my parents to WDW this January for probably the last time as I am trying to convince them to switch to DLR ! TT is my Dad's favorite so I need some ammunition !

I'm glad to see you made it back to CA after your summer illness. Interesting about seeing Carsland first in the day and then at night to really appreciate it -- I think that's a good suggestion for everyone. We saw it first in the day and it is so pretty. Then saw it at night and I think that's the right approach.

So cool that you got to eat in Club 33!

I really want to go back to DL in the fall to see the Nightmare HM again. It's been years since I've been. I'm sure it doesn't feel very Halloween-ish, but I really enjoy it. And to hear that Space is cool too, makes me want to go more!

Thanks for sharing your trip and photos.

(adding comments about Test track vs Radiator Racers)
For me, Test Track is more thrilling, it just seems like you go much faster, like a race car, and those banking turns are really cool. Radiator Racers is more about the theming -- very well done, very cute. You feel like you're in the Cars movie. Both have good points, but are not the same ride.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter