Random thoughts about the Wonder!

Excellent points, SuperDry. It's funny, I just got off the Wonder from Hawaii on this last Sunday and I found the crew to be as awesome as any DCL cruise I have ever been on and this was my 10th. Granted our MDR servers seemed a bit subdued on Night 1, but over the next 9 nights they were a lot of fun and very attentive. Oleksandra, our ***'t Server was such a sweet soul. From Clayton the Cruise Director, to Pierre the F & B manager, Sasha in Palo, Miroslav in Cadillac Lounge, we found the crew outstanding. And it's always wonderful to see familiar faces like Pierre and Sasha and be greeted like old friends. :sunny:

Your servers on night one might of not been on top of their game because they just had a over night in Honolulu. They don't get many over nights. Might of had a good time out in port. Can't blame them. Of course they had a over night on your cruise in Maui. But they probably didn't party as much since they just had the over night on Honolulu

Just my $.02[/QUOTE]

Did you keep your navigators? I have never seen navigators from this cruise and would love if you could post them if you still have them.

Thank you

Last edited:
Your servers on night one might of not been on top of their game because they just had a over night in Honolulu. They don't get many over nights. Might of had a good time out in port. Can't blame them. Of course they had a over night on your cruise in Maui. But they probably didn't party as much since they just had the over night on Honolulu

:) Yep, that is exactly as I had thought too.

Are you saying they had an over night?

Are you saying they had an over night?

Yes on both Hawaii cruises they had a over night. The first Hawaii cruise had a over night in Honolulu the ship docked Wednesday morning and didn't leave until Thursday probably around 5 pm. On the second Hawaii cruise they had a over night in Maui. Very rare of them to do a over night. On most cruises you will not have a over night

Yes on both Hawaii cruises they had a over night. The first Hawaii cruise had a over night in Honolulu the ship docked Wednesday morning and didn't leave until Thursday probably around 5 pm. On the second Hawaii cruise they had a over night in Maui. Very rare of them to do a over night. On most cruises you will not have a over night

I wasn't sure, because I only saw the phrase over night 3 times in your first post. This one has 5, so now I'm sure

On Deck 9, there are quick service food places, such as Pluto's and Goofy's Galley, which serve burgers, hot dogs, sandwiches and fruit. There is also Pinocchio's (pizza). On the Wonder they are spread out, whereas on the larger ships, they are all located in the same area.
Thanks I didn't realize it a reference to dining.Makes sense in hindsite.

Excellent points, SuperDry. It's funny, I just got off the Wonder from Hawaii on this last Sunday and I found the crew to be as awesome as any DCL cruise I have ever been on and this was my 10th. Granted our MDR servers seemed a bit subdued on Night 1, but over the next 9 nights they were a lot of fun and very attentive. Oleksandra, our ***'t Server was such a sweet soul. From Clayton the Cruise Director, to Pierre the F & B manager, Sasha in Palo, Miroslav in Cadillac Lounge, we found the crew outstanding. And it's always wonderful to see familiar faces like Pierre and Sasha and be greeted like old friends. :sunny:

We also enjoyed great service from Sasha and Miroslav.....Sasha is probably the best CM we have had contact with over the course of both cruises we've taken. Really liked out assistant server Carlos also.....

Glad you got to experience the Disney "magic" from Sasha and Miroslav, Karlzmom! I can't remember how many cruises we have been on where Sasha has served us in Palo. He is terrific! There used to be a young woman from the UK that worked Palo named Louise, and we had her as our server a number of times over the years but I believe she has been back in the UK for a good while and has started a family of her own the last I heard.

Miroslav just made me smile and laugh every time we went into Cadillac Lounge, which was every evening before dinner. What a hoot! And he is a whiz at mixing up some yummy libations as well. We have honestly never encountered a "poor" CM on DCL. We have come across some that were either overtired or fresh out of pixie dust at that moment, but far and away we have had superb service across the board with DCL. It's always so much fun to be recognized by CM's when we are onboard, and for us to recognize them! :cutie:

We were on the Vancouver- Hawaii cruise. Our ship wasn't even close to being sold out. Someone on here that did the back to back said the return was even emptier. Was it really sold out? It was our first time on the Wonder and I thought the ship looked better than the refurbished Magic. I also didn't see Wet-Vacs in every hallway because of over flowing toilets. We had a great servers on the Wonder the whole staff was fantastic. I agree with you on Clayton. I'm used to seeing him on the Fantasy. The only thing that was kind of meh was the food. I've always thought the Magic had the best food. Food is subjective though so my opinion basically means nothing. I'm glad you enjoyed your cruise.

Hello,
We were on the Vancouver cruise to Hawaii . It was our fifth time on the Wonder and we really enjoyed most of our cruise. We travel with our 15 year old daughter and were disappointed in the family pool hours as it was closed during first seating and many other times. It was disappointing as it is the family pool but the Mickey and adult pools were open. I have notice a decline in service but the ship is truly beautiful. We are sailing the Wonder in a b2b in January and hope my email to dcl helps with the hours of the pool so all ages can enjoy. Over all a great cruise but still doesn't top our favorite pick which is our Panama Canal cruise in December of 2012! :o

So exited to be going back on the Wonder for the Panama Canal cruise later this month!!! Love the classic ships!!!

I miss Parrot Cay so much. Don't really care for the new Carioca's on the Magic.

MJ

MJ,

I am so jealous, we love the Wonder so much we are trying to get 2 more bookings before her big dry dock. Parrot Cay is about our favorite MDR, something about it makes us feel we are relaxing on a cruise, the vacation has really begun. We are not fans of Carlota's and hoping past hope that they leave Parrot Cay on Wonder.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter