Random question for the DxDDP

darthspud

Mouseketeer
I think I am going to have like 2 credits left over ... is it possible to let my mom use them? She is just coming over for the day (she lives in FL) I am not trying to cheat any kind of system but was just curious since I have credits left... we are going to LTT for dinner and prob some place for late breakfast early lunch

thanks!

Per the rules you aren't suppose to do that as she is not on the reservation with the dining plan. However I don't see what would stop you from doing that.

If there are 3 of you on the plan, then only 3 of you can use credits at one time. The CMs can see how many people are on the plan so you wouldn't be able to pay for 4 meals with credits when only 3 people are on the plan.

No, according to Disney's rules you can't use your credits to buy meals for her. What would stop you is the restaurants are not supposed to allow you to use your credits to purchase extra meals beyond the number of guests listed on your KTTW card.

Here is the exact wording from the DDP brochure:

You may not redeem meals or snacks for any Guests who are not on
your Disney Dining Plan.

(Please don't post if you've been told otherwise. The DIS Restaurant Board sticks with Disney's published rule.)

I would not count on being able to buy mom's meal with your dining plan card...people report this happening, but it's not supposed to. And it has not been our experience that they allow this. The only sharing we were allowed to do with non-dining-plan participants was share appetizers and share desserts we ordered on the plan with guests who were not on the plan...and by share, I mean the waiter brought 4 appetizer plates out with the app instead of two...and brought 4 spoons out with the dessert instead of two.

So many, many times we have been on the deluxe plan and the regular plan with guests in another room...so they had their own cards and we had ours. Only one restaurant suggested we could have all 3 meals taken from one room...and that was after the waitress had rung the whole meal up on one ticket. I got the distinct impression she was going to hit over-ride on it to force it through because that would be easier for her than re-doing the whole ticket to get the right items on the right room.

Everywhere else the waiter has looked at our card, saw the 2 A, and immediately asked if we were paying cash for the 3rd meal or did he have a separate card.

So if you try it, maybe it will work...but be prepared to fork over the cash if the waiter you get is going by the rules of the plan. :thumbsup2

Interesting. I wonder if a DDPer can "split" a TS meal with a non-DDPer? DH & I split a lot because the portions are too large. I realize this is not about your situation, but I'm just curious.

Interesting. I wonder if a DDPer can "split" a TS meal with a non-DDPer? DH & I split a lot because the portions are too large. I realize this is not about your situation, but I'm just curious.

That's been discussed, and for the purposes of discussing it on the boards we consider it the same as redeeming your DDP to provide meals for someone who isn't on it.

I obviously know that you're not allowed to use credits for anyone other than those paying for the dining plan, but I have a question. Am I allowed to use 2 adult cs credits at one time if my card says 1 adult? What if I want to take a cs meal back to my room with me? Aren't you allowed to use your credits anyway you like?

For the OP. 1 thing to note (and you may already know), but leaving 1-2 Dx credits should not affect your bottom line that much. Dx breaks even at around 3/4 of the credits used at TS. So, unless your trip is less than 3 nights long, you should be fine on that end.

I know, you probably know that and was just wondering about not wasting any, but I feel I always have to point that out :p.

I obviously know that you're not allowed to use credits for anyone other than those paying for the dining plan, but I have a question. Am I allowed to use 2 adult cs credits at one time if my card says 1 adult? What if I want to take a cs meal back to my room with me? Aren't you allowed to use your credits anyway you like?
It should be theoretically possible, but you may a) get funny looks from the cashier, and b) have to go through the line twice. They may also force one of the meals to be wrapped up "to go" since you'll be taking it back to the room. Honestly, I don't know for sure, but those are my guesses.

As to the bolded line, yes and no. You can use it anyway you like, within the supplied guidelines.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter